Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 9

(11-02-2018, 09:19 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: 13-14

Riding the tacks and broncos back over .500

14-15

Stupid broncos cant even hit a game winning fg.
Texans are the worst
[Image: incredulous.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-02-2018, 09:57 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: Texas teams win this weekend.

Texans
Cowboys

3-0 Last Week
17-10 Overall

1-1 This Week - The Titans game was kind of a shocker to me.
18-11 Overall

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-02-2018, 11:55 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: 16-11

tinhorns
cowboys

1-1

17-12 moving forward

(11-01-2018, 10:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Again, my apologies for not getting this post up last week (and being late to a certain extent this week).  Fortunately, D6 took up the slack and came through in fine style!

For being late, I paid the price, as I did not get my pick in for last Thursday's game, and I failed to get the win in what would have been a 3-0 week.  So let that be a lesson to you kids!  Be on time!

Even though this is a bye week for the Jaguars, this has been far from an uneventful week in the division, as Houston and Jacksonville made trades.  The Texans made a deal for the present, as they acquired WR Demariyus Thomas from Denver to offset the loss of speedy WR Will Fuller, who tore his ACL.  If Thomas is anywhere close to what he was a few years back, the Texans got themselves a heckuva player, especially opposite DeAndre Hopkins.  Meanwhile, the Jaguars made a trade for the future, sending DE Dante Fowler to the Rams for the Rams 3rd and 5th round picks next year.  I think Fowler can thrive big time in Wade Phillips' scheme.  Phillips has always featured a dominant pass rushing OLB in his defenses.  While Fowler never reached "dominant" status here for myriad reasons, there is a sense that in a 3-4, Fowler could reach his potential.  When you consider the insane amount of surrounding talent he will have with the Rams, he could have a big impact for them once he gets that defense down.  For the Jaguars, this means several things.  First, his departure erodes the quality of depth along the defensive line.  Second, it gets rid of a guy deemed to be a locker room problem, as evidenced by his arrest last off season and training camp fight this summer, which resulted in another suspension for him, and a preseason suspension for Ramsey.   Furthermore, it means disappointing (at least to Jaguars fans) guys like Dawaune Smoot and Taven Bryan should get more snaps in the rotation. Additionally, the trade seems to be the first in an anticipated series of salary cap related (directly or indirectly) departures of expensive defensive stalwarts.  Finally, might this be the first step of several in an effort for the team to accumulate draft picks to possibly move up to get a QB in next April's draft?  (Yes it's gotten to that point already)  Stay tuned.

On to the picks

Tinhorns (5-3) at Broncos (3-5)-Denver has a lot of names on defense-guys like Miller, Chubb, Marshall-without the production.  Why are they only 22nd in total defense?  Houston has names, too-guys like Watt, Clowney, and Honey Badger.  Only they are stopping people (9th in defense).  However, Houston has a hot QB going for them.  Denver can be a tough place to play.  Von Miller can rush the passer among the best, and Houston's OL doesn't exactly inspire confidence, but Houston takes this one 27-17.

tacks (3-4) at Cowboys (3-4)  Despite Dallas' trade for Cooper and despite Dallas' throttling Jacksonville, I still see the tacks as the better overall team.  I hope I'm wrong.  tacks 21, Cowboys 16.

Last week:  2-0
Overall:  12-14

This week: 2-0
Overall: 14-14.

Sad when mediocrity is cause for celebration.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-02-2018, 01:53 PM)scottyg Wrote: Houston is rolling, and the titans have to be on the verge of the same kind of meltdown that we are, right?

17-9 for the season.

I'll take the texans and the cowboys.

1-1 this week.
18-10 for the season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-02-2018, 03:11 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: 14-9 overall
3-0 last week
Texans over Broncos.
Cowboys over tacks.

1-1
15-10 overall

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-04-2018, 12:02 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: 14-11 on the year.

My picks are:
Broncos
Cowboys

0-2 this week

14-13 on the season
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Another 2-0 week. Up to 18-11.