Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sam Bradford for and against

(11-04-2018, 10:42 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(11-03-2018, 10:07 PM)TJBender Wrote: For, BUT...

1. Clears waivers
2. Low-cost contract with a team option for a second year

Otherwise, against.

This.  We’re not picking up his contract by putting in a waiver claim or at least we shouldn’t.  If he wants to come here as a free agent for a reasonable number because he thinks he has a shot to start, I’m fine with that.

Fred Taylor’s comments were awfully petty and uncalled for.  Fred’s better than that.

I agree about Fred. I've always been a fan, but that seemed way out of character for him. I wonder if Bradford touched him on his naughty spot.
Signature goes here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-04-2018, 02:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-04-2018, 01:53 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I'm pretty sure that guys that have been in the league as long as him don't go through waivers. He's a free agent right now and can sign anywhere if anyone actually wants him.

Yeah. I think any vet of more than 4 years in the league is exempt from the waiver process.

No, he's subject to waivers.  I believe after the trade deadline all released players are subject to waivers, though I can't recall which article/tweet I saw that on.  The ESPN column and Shefter tweets both say he's on waivers Monday.

(11-04-2018, 05:20 PM)empty Wrote:
(11-04-2018, 02:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah. I think any vet of more than 4 years in the league is exempt from the waiver process.

No, he's subject to waivers.  I believe after the trade deadline all released players are subject to waivers, though I can't recall which article/tweet I saw that on.  The ESPN column and Shefter tweets both say he's on waivers Monday.

Interesting.  Quote I found that lays it out:

Quote:When an NFL team releases a player who has less than four years of NFL service, he is subject to the waiver wire process. NFL players who are released and have four or more years of accrued time in the league become immediate free agents. Accrued seasons are earned by being on the active 53-man roster for a team for six games in a single regular season, or being on an injury list for six games in a regular season.

During the NFL season, starting from the NFL trading deadline through the end of the regular season, vested veterans (those with 4+ years of experience) are also subject to the waiver process. That means any veterans cut after Week 8 will go through waivers along with non-vested veterans. But [until week 8] , only players with three or less years of experience go through waivers.

SB Nation cincy jungle site ^

(11-04-2018, 05:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-04-2018, 05:20 PM)empty Wrote: No, he's subject to waivers.  I believe after the trade deadline all released players are subject to waivers, though I can't recall which article/tweet I saw that on.  The ESPN column and Shefter tweets both say he's on waivers Monday.

Quote:When an NFL team releases a player who has less than four years of NFL service, he is subject to the waiver wire process. NFL players who are released and have four or more years of accrued time in the league become immediate free agents. Accrued seasons are earned by being on the active 53-man roster for a team for six games in a single regular season, or being on an injury list for six games in a regular season.

During the NFL season, starting from the NFL trading deadline through the end of the regular season, vested veterans (those with 4+ years of experience) are also subject to the waiver process. That means any veterans cut after Week 8 will go through waivers along with non-vested veterans. But [until week 8] , only players with three or less years of experience go through waivers.

Again with the  offenssive line it doesn't matter what qb jags have. our line can't protect him long enough. We could have rogers,or brady,and both QBS would still get killed. you need a O-line to protect QB,and open up holes for RBS. Jags have no O-line right now.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I'm a Cardinals fan but Bradford is terrible but staying healthy might be the bigger problem since he was passing for like 4 yards per pass attempt. He was benched because he coughed up the game against Chicago after sucking against Washington and LAR.

Blake is way better than Bradford at this point.

(11-04-2018, 05:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-04-2018, 05:20 PM)empty Wrote: No, he's subject to waivers.  I believe after the trade deadline all released players are subject to waivers, though I can't recall which article/tweet I saw that on.  The ESPN column and Shefter tweets both say he's on waivers Monday.

It's done that way to keep players from arranging their release so they can join a playoff team. The most notable recent example i can think of was when Deion Sanders (I think?) was trying to engineer his way from the Redskins post-retirement to the Raiders for a playoff run. The Redskins waived him off of their reserve-retired list, which would have been ignored as a procedural move if Sanders hadn't run his mouth about joining the Raiders to win another Super Bowl. The Chargers claimed him on waivers to block the move, and Sanders wound up sitting out the rest of the year.

I'll just leave this here.....

[Image: DrHSSRpWwAAtLdg.jpg]

not shown in graphic-
Playoff wins: 0
Full seasons played: 0
Pro Bowls and all-pros: 0

Lol but he led league in completion percentage.

Yippee

$123 MILLIONS.... what a fraud.

"Via Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Bradford hadn’t practiced in five weeks preceding his Saturday release by the Cardinals because his 'left knee is basically bone on bone,' with no remaining cartilage due to two prior ACL repairs."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...e-to-knee/

(11-05-2018, 10:38 PM)TJBender Wrote: "Via Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Bradford hadn’t practiced in five weeks preceding his Saturday release by the Cardinals because his 'left knee is basically bone on bone,' with no remaining cartilage due to two prior ACL repairs."

$123MM buys one heckuva Rascal.

(11-05-2018, 10:38 PM)TJBender Wrote: "Via Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Bradford hadn’t practiced in five weeks preceding his Saturday release by the Cardinals because his 'left knee is basically bone on bone,' with no remaining cartilage due to two prior ACL repairs."

[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-04-2018, 05:45 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(11-04-2018, 05:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Interesting.  Quote I found that lays it out:

Again with the  offenssive line it doesn't matter what qb jags have. our line can't protect him long enough. We could have rogers,or brady,and both QBS would still get killed. you need a O-line to protect QB,and open up holes for RBS. Jags have no O-line right now.

Drew Brees and Tom Brady could take us to the super bowl. Bc they get the ball out quick and slide in the pocket.

Oh and they don’t have a Leftwich wind up.

This notion “oh behind this oline, blah blah” is total junk.

A good QB can make an oline look good. Receivers too. Michael Thomas of the Saints is just a guy, but Brees makes him look elite. Just like guys like Eric Decker, Wes Walker, Colston, etc.

Can’t wait til we get a great QB. Tom Brady has allowed the Pats to trade draft pick after draft pick bc he can get them to the playoffs by his self.

I wouldn’t say that Mike Thomas is just a guy. That guy catches everything that gets thrown his way. Everything.

(11-08-2018, 08:04 PM)Trunt8728 Wrote: I wouldn’t say that Mike Thomas is just a guy. That guy catches everything that gets thrown his way. Everything.

Yeah. 

Def not “just a guy.”

(11-08-2018, 09:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 08:04 PM)Trunt8728 Wrote: I wouldn’t say that Mike Thomas is just a guy. That guy catches everything that gets thrown his way. Everything.

Yeah. 

Def not “just a guy.”

Yes, his catch percentage is in the 90's if I remember correctly, which is just crazy.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]