Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will Grier

Grier sounds like a great guy. I certainly have nothing against him. His wife's pretty hot too. I wish him the best. He's just not my favorite QB prospect.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Will Griers passing while behind on the scoreboard at any point

20 TDs
8 picks
60%
153/251 for 2,131
7.7 YPA
Passer rating of 141

(11-05-2018, 08:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 08:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm sure when he wasn't on the field he was at home spending time with his wife and kid

And that would have made him a better quarterback?
You never know, couldve been the extra motivation needed.... having a wife and kids keeping you grounded and motivated never hurt anyone....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

(11-05-2018, 10:55 PM)Jords808 Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 08:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: And that would have made him a better quarterback?
You never know, couldve been the extra motivation needed.... having a wife and kids keeping you grounded and motivated never hurt anyone....

Pretty much what Grier said in the video.  Just more motivation to help you provide for your family

We could do what Rams did with J. Goff and K. Kupp... get Grier and sills, teammates, close friends and familiar with each others tendencies... sills will be available late and has a great connection with Grier

https://youtu.be/5uVcRscb63g

(11-06-2018, 09:41 PM)Jords808 Wrote: We could do what Rams did with J. Goff and K. Kupp... get Grier and sills, teammates, close friends and familiar with each others tendencies... sills will be available late and has a great connection with Grier

This has long been a dream of mine. Jags could actually pull it off seeing how we will have an early pick.

(11-06-2018, 09:47 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote:
(11-06-2018, 09:41 PM)Jords808 Wrote: We could do what Rams did with J. Goff and K. Kupp... get Grier and sills, teammates, close friends and familiar with each others tendencies... sills will be available late and has a great connection with Grier

This has long been a dream of mine. Jags could actually pull it off seeing how we will have an early pick.
Yeah Grier is mocked a late 1st round pick and Sills mocked a late 2nd so we will be in position but we'll see how the draft goes

It depends on what you mean by late. I think Sills goes no later than the 4th round and that seems a little early for us to be drafting a WR, considering our needs on the O-Line. Sills may not be athletic, but he has good hands and runs excellent routes.

(11-05-2018, 02:39 PM)Kane Wrote: Last year my top dude was Baker. Even though everyone fawned over some kid named Darnold who seemingly likes to throw INTs more than Bortles.
This year I've been high on Grier, a lot of people haven't been so high on him. Nice to see he is winning some folks over. He had a bad game earlier this year but he played his tail off against Texas and the refs lol

I always thought Herbert would remain atop everyone's (the draftniks and the arm chair GMs) but man I think Grier has everything you need a QB. Accurate, smart, good enough arm strength, toughness, and a lil swagger (not Manziel but I personally loved the horns down stuff, thats good college rivalry stuff, imo)

I wouldn't mind J-Ville trading up to get Grier.
Tampa could/should/will be in the QB market.
NYG obviously (it is obvious at this point, right?)
Regardless, the thought of maybe a bad game or two would make him slide into the 2nd is gone out of my mind. QB 5 or 6? On what planet...
or I guess... I hope so, easy pickins for us at that point.

(11-03-2018, 11:03 PM)hostiletakeover Wrote: I'm okay with it if he's there in the 3rd. He plays in the Big 12 where defense is non-existent. Texas' pass defense is somewhere in the 80-90 range. Best pass defense he probably played against was Iowa State and he looked like crap. Without even looking, I can almost guarantee he's not in the top-3 in passing statistics in the Big 12. He's a product of a system, fueled by playing in a conference that lacks even decent defenses.

Patrick Mahomes and Baker played in the Big 12.
Goff in the Pac12
and Wentz was whatever division North Dakota State.

Ain't trying to hear that.
You draft the kid with the tools and you hire a coach that can build around him.

Plenty of SEC QBs play against tough defenses and aren't a whole lot of successful ones from there.
Conference means diddly.

You think Will Grier, even remotely, has the same tools as the guys you listed?  I'm not saying conference makes a player.  I don't think Grier necessarily has all the tools NFL teams would usually look for; he definitely doesn't have the same tools as the quarterbacks you listed.  People seem to be on Grier because of the stats he's producing in the Big 12. His stats pale in comparison to other Big 12 quarterbacks now and in the past. You compared Grier with Mahomes.  Mahomes had better production and a better toolset.  Mahomes was a 5000+ yard passer with over 40 touchdowns.  Grier is in the under 3500 range and mid-30 range in touchdowns.  The tools are off the chart too.  Mahomes is bigger, faster, more athletic, bigger arm, better delivery... The two aren't even comparable.

They trained with each other prior to draft but played for different college teams. They never played a game together.

(11-07-2018, 12:44 AM)JackCity Wrote:

They trained with each other prior to draft but played for different college teams. They never played a game together.
I never said they were... i was talking about grier and sills being teammates... Goff and Kupp were roommates training for the draft... Goff went 1st round and Kupp went early in the 3rd, spots i think we can get Grier and Sills

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2018, 03:23 AM by JackCity.)

(11-07-2018, 02:19 AM)Jords808 Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 12:44 AM)JackCity Wrote: They trained with each other prior to draft but played for different college teams. They never played a game together.
I never said they were... i was talking about grier and sills being teammates... Goff and Kupp were roommates training for the draft... Goff went 1st round and Kupp went early in the 3rd, spots i think we can get Grier and Sills

I don't think the Rams drafted Kupp because of that though. More so because of his great college career and skillset.

It's different with Sills and Grier who have actually played in college together

Pitt did it with Rudolph and Washington

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2018, 07:18 AM by JackCity.)

(11-07-2018, 07:02 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Pitt did it with Rudolph and Washington

Good shout 

Sills would fit pretty well with what we need too

Starting to run through the QB prospects now.

Grier is really impressive. He doesn't really panic at all in the pocket, has plenty of plays where he takes contact from a pass rusher and shrugs them off. Quick release he can get off from different arm angles makes him hard to get at too. Has a couple of "arm throws" a game where his footwork lets him down but usually his arm can compensate.

WV have a beautifully designed offense so have to take that into consideration too but generally his timing and placement is spot on. Gives everyone the chance to make yards after the catch. He has to do multiple reads in the offense too.

There isn't anything Blake can do that Grier can't bar be bigger and a better runner. He'd slot in this offense easily

(11-06-2018, 10:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

It depends on what you mean by late. I think Sills goes no later than the 4th round and that seems a little early for us to be drafting a WR, considering our needs on the O-Line. Sills may not be athletic, but he has good hands and runs excellent routes.

I wouldn't be mad at WR in the 4th IF the first 3 picks are some combo of OL, QB, and TE

(11-06-2018, 10:38 PM)hostiletakeover Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 02:39 PM)Kane Wrote: Last year my top dude was Baker. Even though everyone fawned over some kid named Darnold who seemingly likes to throw INTs more than Bortles.
This year I've been high on Grier, a lot of people haven't been so high on him. Nice to see he is winning some folks over. He had a bad game earlier this year but he played his tail off against Texas and the refs lol

I always thought Herbert would remain atop everyone's (the draftniks and the arm chair GMs) but man I think Grier has everything you need a QB. Accurate, smart, good enough arm strength, toughness, and a lil swagger (not Manziel but I personally loved the horns down stuff, thats good college rivalry stuff, imo)

I wouldn't mind J-Ville trading up to get Grier.
Tampa could/should/will be in the QB market.
NYG obviously (it is obvious at this point, right?)
Regardless, the thought of maybe a bad game or two would make him slide into the 2nd is gone out of my mind. QB 5 or 6? On what planet...
or I guess... I hope so, easy pickins for us at that point.

Patrick Mahomes and Baker played in the Big 12.
Goff in the Pac12
and Wentz was whatever division North Dakota State.

Ain't trying to hear that.
You draft the kid with the tools and you hire a coach that can build around him.

Plenty of SEC QBs play against tough defenses and aren't a whole lot of successful ones from there.
Conference means diddly.

You think Will Grier, even remotely, has the same tools as the guys you listed?
  I'm not saying conference makes a player.  I don't think Grier necessarily has all the tools NFL teams would usually look for; he definitely doesn't have the same tools as the quarterbacks you listed.  People seem to be on Grier because of the stats he's producing in the Big 12. His stats pale in comparison to other Big 12 quarterbacks now and in the past. You compared Grier with Mahomes.  Mahomes had better production and a better toolset.  Mahomes was a 5000+ yard passer with over 40 touchdowns.  Grier is in the under 3500 range and mid-30 range in touchdowns.  The tools are off the chart too.  Mahomes is bigger, faster, more athletic, bigger arm, better delivery... The two aren't even comparable.

Simply put? Yes. I actually think he might end up better than Baker.
Mahomes is setting the world on fire right now, so obviously I wouldn't say he could be that good right away, but honestly no one thought about Mahomes being that good, maybe at all.

I never compared the two QBs, one of which you seemingly have a hard on for lol
I was saying you can not use the conference as a guide for who to draft. It has never really held up considering superstar QBs come from every where and plenty of busts hail from big time schools.

If you don't like Grier as a QB prospect that is fine, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. But you are seriously looking at just stats (while accusing me of looking at stats) while I'm thinking complete package. I think the kid has the physical tools, the mental make up, and everything else. And if "he isn't as good as Mahomes" is the worst thing you can bring against him, I'm good with that.

(11-07-2018, 07:02 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Pitt did it with Rudolph and Washington

Don't remind me that we passed on Rudolph. I'm still ticked off.

(11-07-2018, 04:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Don't remind me that we passed on Rudolph. I'm still ticked off.

I was big on Rudolph pre draft.
What little bit I saw of him in Steelers action left me unimpressed though.

Perhaps he still develops into a good prospect. But I thought he'd look better out the gate honestly.

(11-08-2018, 10:54 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 04:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Don't remind me that we passed on Rudolph. I'm still ticked off.

I was big on Rudolph pre draft.
What little bit I saw of him in Steelers action left me unimpressed though.

Perhaps he still develops into a good prospect. But I thought he'd look better out the gate honestly.

He's a rookie. None of the hyped QB's from last years class have looked good to this point, but what rookie does?