Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jeff Sessions forced to resign

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2018, 10:46 AM by Byron LeftTown.)

For some reason the LEFT suddenly LOVES the anti-weed, anti-immigration crusader Jeff Sessions.

900 protests are planned today against the firing of Jeff Sessions. They are scheduled for 5PM local time, so there may be attempts to halt traffic.

https://act.moveon.org/event/mueller-fir...se-events/

Here's the Jacksonville event:

When:
Thursday, November 8 at 5 p.m. (local time)
Where:
Intersection of I-295 and San Jose Near Whole Foods
Jacksonville, FL 32257
Host:
IlaRae M. Dawn B. Edwin C. David J.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Chris Christie is in the White House now.

Or, rather, the White House is in Chris Christie.

Seriously though, that guy is as clean as Hillary Clinton's bath towel.

I thought Christie should have been the pick from the beginning. I also don't mind Pam Bondi. I'd love the "new" Graham, but there is no guarantee he will stay that way.

(11-08-2018, 03:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I thought Christie should have been the pick from the beginning. I also don't mind Pam Bondi. I'd love the "new" Graham, but there is no guarantee he will stay that way.

Pam Bondi checks a lot of boxes.
But she's anti legal weed and anti gay marriage. Two social issues I don't think we should go backwards on.

Chris Christie and Lindsey Graham would not be my choices.

I like Mike Dewine, who isn't on the list of probable replacements.

My guess is Kobach or Rudy... two guys who won't have to give up seats in congress or leave a red post.

Christie can keep his fat [BLEEP] in New Jersey! Maybe Rudy can drop him off on the way back to New York. I'd be down for Bondi or Janice Rogers Brown.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(11-08-2018, 04:01 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 03:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I thought Christie should have been the pick from the beginning. I also don't mind Pam Bondi. I'd love the "new" Graham, but there is no guarantee he will stay that way.

Pam Bondi checks a lot of boxes.
But she's anti legal weed and anti gay marriage. Two social issues I don't think we should go backwards on.

Chris Christie and Lindsey Graham would not be my choices.

I like Mike Dewine, who isn't on the list of probable replacements.

My guess is Kobach or Rudy... two guys who won't have to give up seats in congress or leave a red post.

Even some of the hardest line GOP Senators would struggle to stop laughing long enough to vote yes on Giuliani

Welp, not sure how I feel about Tommy, but the people of Alabama have spoken, and they don't approve of the spineless jellyfish who recused himself and unnecessairly put the Trump admin through hell for 3 years.

(07-14-2020, 10:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Welp, not sure how I feel about Tommy, but the people of Alabama have spoken, and they don't approve of the spineless jellyfish who recused himself and unnecessairly put the Trump admin through hell for 3 years.

I think he had to recuse himself because he worked on the Trump campaign.

(07-15-2020, 08:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 10:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Welp, not sure how I feel about Tommy, but the people of Alabama have spoken, and they don't approve of the spineless jellyfish who recused himself and unnecessairly put the Trump admin through hell for 3 years.

I think he had to recuse himself because he worked on the Trump campaign.

He did not have to recuse himself. He should have stayed in the senate. It is a depressing political retirement for who seems like an all around decent guy. AG just wasn't his thing and tarnished his legacy unfortunately.

(07-15-2020, 08:09 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 08:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think he had to recuse himself because he worked on the Trump campaign.

He did not have to recuse himself. He should have stayed in the senate. It is a depressing political retirement for who seems like an all around decent guy. AG just wasn't his thing and tarnished his legacy unfortunately.

Being AG was apparently his lifetime goal, and that goal was probably the reason he became the first senator to endorse Trump. Maybe this narrative is not true, but it has the elements of cynicism and irony that most true stories in politics have.

(11-07-2018, 04:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 04:10 PM)The Drifter Wrote: I have no pick at this point in time, I hope it's someone from outside Washington that has the testicular fortitude to do the job

I am a fan of Jim Jordan but he just put his hat in the ring for house minority leader.

didn't know you swung that way

(07-15-2020, 10:54 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 04:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I am a fan of Jim Jordan but he just put his hat in the ring for house minority leader.

didn't know you swung that way

You are a strange dude.

(07-15-2020, 11:04 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 10:54 AM)JackCity Wrote: didn't know you swung that way

You are a strange dude.

I'd say Jim Jordan being cool with young male wrestlers being sexually assaulted by a coach is a bit stranger, but to each their own as they say