Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars defense: All talk, no walk

(11-11-2018, 05:21 PM)old_man Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 03:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: Defense is definitely the issue today. So two games out of 9 in total

Sure if you say so....
Which other games was it the main issue? I'll wait....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They've stopped giving the great field position they did last year. They seen to give up bad drives at worst possible time.

Gone from dominant to average. Mixed with a banged up oline and we are below average to average again

(11-11-2018, 03:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: Defense is definitely the issue today. So two games out of 9 in total

Lol

Did I just read someone post that LF ran well? WTH?
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

0 sacks ladies and gents. Fowler trade was worth it yall  Laughing Laughing Laughing

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 05:34 PM by EricC85.)

(11-11-2018, 05:13 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 03:52 PM)EricC85 Wrote: denial isn't just a rive a in Egypt brother.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be in denial about. Defense was god awful vs the cowboys and today for the first half.  

Hasn't played close to last years standard but is still well above average and done enough to win multiple games.

The Giants moved the ball at will week 1 they just couldn't get TD instead of FG.

The defense was horrible against the Chiefs

The defense was horrible against the Eagles

it wasn't just 2 games man, they've been soft all season.

(11-11-2018, 05:24 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 05:21 PM)old_man Wrote: Sure if you say so....
Which other games was it the main issue? I'll wait....

did you not watch the Texans game? Or the Kansas City game? or the Eagles game?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Ima just repost this here since it's more fitting...

To be fair, yes the defense didn't give up any points second half but it was pretty lucky. Telvin interception he was beat by 3 yards and the ball bounces off the TE into his hands. Vinateri missed a FG. Colts RB dropped a pass over the middle where he still might be running. They still were getting outschemed IMO.

I will give some credit, they did make a stop to give the offense a chance to win it. Which is all you can ask for TBH.

They were outplayed by the colts D. That's not good

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 07:18 PM by JackCity.)

(11-11-2018, 05:33 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 05:13 PM)JackCity Wrote: I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be in denial about. Defense was god awful vs the cowboys and today for the first half.  

Hasn't played close to last years standard but is still well above average and done enough to win multiple games.

The Giants moved the ball at will week 1 they just couldn't get TD instead of FG.

The defense was horrible against the Chiefs

The defense was horrible against the Eagles

it wasn't just 2 games man, they've been soft all season.

(11-11-2018, 05:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: Which other games was it the main issue? I'll wait....

did you not watch the Texans game? Or the Kansas City game? or the Eagles game?

the defense was horrible against the chiefs? when they held mahomes to his worst game of the year??   

I will concede they should have played better in the eagles game. 

They held the texans to 20 points.

(11-11-2018, 05:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Lol

Do you have a rebuttal?

Telvin Smith got paid. He has been hot garbage all year. You got to wonder if getting paid has anything to do with it.

(11-11-2018, 08:59 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Telvin Smith got paid. He has been hot garbage all year. You got to wonder if getting paid has anything to do with it.

No they said he is taking shots in both shoulders.  I think he is probably gutting it out hoping they would turn it around.

Before the bye there is an injury report (Eagles Game).  And then for today....

Smith (shoulder) was a limited participant in Thursday's practice.

Smith was not listed on Jacksonville's injury report to begin the week, so it appears that he may have suffered the shoulder injury during practice. Until more information about Smith's availability is disclosed, he should be considered questionable for Sunday's game against the Colts. If Smith were to miss any time, Blair Brown would be expected to slot into the starting lineup.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-11-2018, 08:59 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Telvin Smith got paid. He has been hot garbage all year. You got to wonder if getting paid has anything to do with it.

Yeah... I said this too last week. Careful you're going to get shot down for this one. Money changes people.

Tbh he doesn't strike me as that kind of person/player.

(11-11-2018, 09:09 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:

No they said he is taking shots in both shoulders.  I think he is probably gutting it out hoping they would turn it around.

Before the bye there is an injury report (Eagles Game).  And then for today....

Smith (shoulder) was a limited participant in Thursday's practice.

Smith was not listed on Jacksonville's injury report to begin the week, so it appears that he may have suffered the shoulder injury during practice. Until more information about Smith's availability is disclosed, he should be considered questionable for Sunday's game against the Colts. If Smith were to miss any time, Blair Brown would be expected to slot into the starting lineup.

Shoulders are always a concern for undersized tacklers, the wear and tear is just too much for the body to absorb.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Someone said fire Caldwell.

What does he have to do with blown coverage and ill preparation?

I love this fanbase cause even tho there is a lack of football knowledge, you guys are always willing to kill off someone's livelihood. And the fire this guy and that guy people only listen to others form opinions and derive their opinions from others.

Caldwell has put talent on the field for our D. They have to be coached up.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(11-12-2018, 10:37 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: Someone said fire Caldwell.

I love this fanbase cause even tho there is a lack of football knowledge, you guys are always willing to kill off someone's livelihood. And the fire this guy and that guy people only listen to others form opinions and derive their opinions from others.

Linebackers and secondary playing terrible given their raw talent.  Is this on the position coaches or is it them plus the D coordinator?
[Image: giphy.gif]

Only person that needs to be fired is Wash. Get a new QB and get a defensive coordinator that doesn't suck balls, draft more linemen and offense in general, and go to playoffs. Really simple.

Even though that fumble sealed our fate against Indy, our defense truly lost the game for us. Yes they #Tightened the screws in the second half but we weren't able to overcome that deficit. Our D of 2017 wouldn't have allowed that kind of first half deficit.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(11-12-2018, 10:43 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 10:37 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: Someone said fire Caldwell.

Linebackers and secondary playing terrible given their raw talent.  Is this on the position coaches or is it them plus the D coordinator?

Honestly Yoda, the position coaches and coordinator means so much when it comes to these guys. I think Poz coming back as a LB position coach would work wonders for the LBs.

Everything works from the MLB position. He has to get everyone in potion and has pre-snap reads just like a QB. Jack isn't recognizing his pre-snap reads and assessing them quickly enough.

One of those TDs by Ebron in the corner wide open was because Patmon was out of position. he was lined up on the wrong side of the defense. Telvin took the correct man which was the RB. Patmon was trying to get to the other side of the defense after the snap and it was just too late. The MLB has to count all the receivers and assign someone to the uncovered one.

Them boys gotta stop thinking and just play as well. That worked so well last year, They need to go back to it this year. They are thinking too much.

None of that is Caldwell. What Caldwell needs to do is contact Poz about coaching if he's interested.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Yeah except... he got paid prior to last season.
And balled out last season.

I'm not arguing that he has been hot garbage.
Just saying... I don't think getting paid has anything to do with it a la an Albert Haynesworth in a contract year