Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What to do?

I more so laugh at them now

back to apathy, team deserves nothing else

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 09:03 PM by MoJagFan.)

Sadly 2017 was an overall outlier.  We have not drafted, signed free agents or developed players on the offensive side of the ball.  The injuries are a cause but there are bigger issues that point back to drafting, developing and building a team.  Unfortunately 2019 is probably a gimmie for the coaching staff.  If I was any of them, I would accept any position I could find far far away from this team especially on offense.  The offensive talent on this team are career killers.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-11-2018, 06:03 PM)old_man Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 05:57 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: I think that's right.  Hopefully we can find a patch at qb in FA.

QB was not an issue today

But we were playing one of the worst defenses in the NFL and QB is an issue almost every other week.

All we need to do is fire Oehser and we could improve the website and vanquish the curse.
The Khan Years

Stay the course, finish with a high draft pick and assess if we have a chance at a good QB. If not, trade down, acquire picks for 2020 and look to free agency (Ryan Fitzpatrick) as a short term fix at QB. In the offseason, clean house on the coaching staffs and bring in young, innovative coaches. Then fix the O-line to add a starter at RG a swing tackle and much needed depth. Try to add talent on the offensive side of the football. We have the talent on defense, but the coaching is failing us on both sides of the football.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 09:42 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

What do we do now?

We do what we know how to do. Plan for a top 5 pick.

Edit: we don't really know how to plan for a top 5 pick. But we can start our big board with a top 5 pick on it.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 09:46 PM by rpr52121.)

(11-11-2018, 09:02 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Sadly 2017 was an overall outlier.  We have not drafted, signed free agents or developed players on the offensive side of the ball.  The injuries are a cause but there are bigger issues that point back to drafting, developing and building a team.  Unfortunately 2019 is probably a gimmie for the coaching staff.  If I was any of them, I would accept any position I could find far far away from this team especially on offense.  The offensive talent on this team are career killers.

This right here. Can anyone name any player that has really gotten better on Offense since becoming a Jaguar? Maybe Linder or Yeldon. Would they be better on other teams or just as good? Possibly Lee, though you could argue he was just injured early on. 

All the Defensive signings have now fallen apart. This is basically what happened to the NY Giants in 2016 after their big free agent signings. They never lived up to that year again.

We can't just keep some coaches/football execs. and let some go. We really need new blood in here. Why does everyone want to keep retreading people? 

I really wish they could somehow get rid of Bortles. Unless he agrees to redo his contract. I'm not sure I see that option. The best FA options are Tyrod, Foles and Bridgewater. None or really great options. Maybe go after Tyrod because when he goes a to team, they end up with a legitimate franchise QB? Or hope for lighting in the bottle with Foles. Sadly, next year's QB class is bad mainly because I don't think Herbert will jump to NFL.

Defensive class is stellar though. I say trade back in 1st round. Go hard on OL/DL/LB/TE. Give them a season to develop under a new regime. Then hope you can find a stellar QB in the 2020 class.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 09:48 PM by MoJagFan. Edit Reason: Format )

Here is what we do now...…

Jaguars.com article and View from the 0-Zone: Not Again

INDIANAPOLIS – Not again. Isn’t that how it felt?
Isn’t that what you said at least once Sunday during yet another frustrating Jaguars loss – this one to the Indianapolis Colts, 29-26, in front of 57,473 at Lucas Oil Stadium?
Yeah, on some level that was how it felt: Oh no. Uh-oh.
Not again.
Despite what almost was a memorable comeback, the Jaguars on Sunday lost a fifth consecutive game. Because of that, Doug Marrone talked in the aftermath about pride and professionalism.

Actually it doesn't feel like oh no not again at all.  It feels like this is what this team is overall.  A QB that is a curse and is totally cursed.  Even when you eliminate his mistakes, someone around him will screw it up.  And this year the defense can't get it done and finish the negation of the most important position in football.  Poor Gus Marrone.

EDIT:
Almost a memorable comeback?  That wouldn't have been memorable at all.  Memorable comebacks lead to something.  I feel for the curse of Johnny O because you can only right so much when you cover the worst starting QB in the NFL.
The Khan Years

(11-11-2018, 08:39 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: fire every single person in the organization.. every single coach.. fire caldwell, fire coughlin

get rid of everyone, cut every single player who is not on a rookie contract

then, pack everything up, and gtfo of jacksonville and never come back

Even the hot dog guy? What he do?

(11-11-2018, 06:03 PM)old_man Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 05:57 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: I think that's right.  Hopefully we can find a patch at qb in FA.

QB was not an issue today

No it wasn’t. The defense was. And I like Blake. But his skill set limits the team. We have to upgrade QB before the team can really progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]

First and probably the most important "DO" is the fix the cap! My GM cap is on.....LMAO!

Players that have to go/Trade:  48 Million savings w/ these cuts
Church - Replaced by Harrison SS
M. Jackson - Replaced by #1 Pick Oliver DT (AL)
Parnell - Replaced By Flowers OT
McCray -
ASJ - 
Gibson -Tyrann Matieu FS FA
Dareus - Replaced By Frank Clark- DE FA

Team:
QB: BB, Kessler, (We are stuck w/ BB) QB in 2020 Draft
RB: LF, Yeldon, Hyde, Grant, Williams (practice squad) - *Run first Offense
WR: Lee, Chark, Westbrook, Cole, FA Funchess (26 yrs old),  Rookie Take your pick #2 Pick
TE: O'Shaugnessy, Niles Paul, Grinnage, FA ?
O-Line: Robinson, Norwell, Linder, Flowers, Wells, Shatley, Reed, Richardson, Rookie Chris Linstrom (RG) #3 Pick

D-Line: Yannick, Smoot, Campbell, Jones, Bryan, Ankou, Rookie #1 Pick DT Oliver (AL)FA - Frank Clark (DE -26yrs old)
LB: Jack, Smith, Jacobs, Brown, Rookie #3 Pick TJ Edwards LB Wisconsin
FS: FA Tyrann Mathieu, Wilson, C.Davis
SS: Harrison, CJ Reavis, C.Davis
CB: Bouye, Ramsey, Hayden, Patmon, Herndon, Meeks

*W/ the loss of Dareus, Jackson, Oliver w/ the #1 is a no brainer (If we pick in the #9 - #12 spots). Bryan and Oliver along with Yannick are the future. Campbell stays for his leadership and experience and I think he has another year left with production.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(11-11-2018, 10:24 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: First and probably the most important "DO" is the fix the cap! My GM cap is on.....LMAO!

McCray -
ASJ - 

Team:
WR: Lee, Chark, Westbrook, Cole, FA Funchess (26 yrs old),  Rookie Take your pick #2 Pick
O-Line: Robinson, Norwell, Linder, Flowers, Wells, Shatley, Reed, Richardson, Rookie Chris Linstrom (RG) #3 Pick

D-Line: Yannick, Smoot, Campbell, Jones, Bryan, Ankou, Rookie #1 Pick DT Oliver (AL)FA - Frank Clark (DE -26yrs old)

*W/ the loss of Dareus, Jackson, Oliver w/ the #1 is a no brainer (If we pick in the #9 - #12 spots). Bryan and Oliver along with Yannick are the future. Campbell stays for his leadership and experience and I think he has another year left with production.

I can understand cutting Malik, but you do realize Bryan was brought in to replace him... he isn't a DE at all... you want to take another DT 1st pick? Or is he replacing Dareus? 

I'm just confused on the logic here

(11-11-2018, 10:28 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 10:24 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: First and probably the most important "DO" is the fix the cap! My GM cap is on.....LMAO!

McCray -
ASJ - 

Team:

I can understand cutting Malik, but you do realize Bryan was brought in to replace him... he isn't a DE at all... you want to take another DT 1st pick? Or is he replacing Dareus? 

Its the "we dont play the run" scheme.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 10:41 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

(11-11-2018, 10:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 10:28 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I can understand cutting Malik, but you do realize Bryan was brought in to replace him... he isn't a DE at all... you want to take another DT 1st pick? Or is he replacing Dareus? 

Its the "we dont play the run" scheme.

Well he did say Frank Clark... but the problem with the idea is it would bring up another Fowler scenario... unless ... he is writing off Taven as a bust now which... a little early but ok. Makes no sense to take first round picks to ride the pine... no sense at all.

EDIT- TBH I thought Frank Clark was someone else... he is a DE not a NT... you are correct the "no run d" d lol.

Here's the thing I'm so disappointed with this season but I'm trying to remain realistic, it's easy to say fire Marrone but who would you replace him with? Which HC is on the hot seat or what OC/DC/ST coach runs a great O that uses the talent we have and they would have to work with? Hell with the way the league is going you could look at college coaches.

The same could be said for Wash and Hackett.

(11-11-2018, 10:42 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Here's the thing I'm so disappointed with this season but I'm trying to remain realistic, it's easy to say fire Marrone but who would you replace him with? Which HC is on the hot seat or what OC/DC/ST coach runs a great O that uses the talent we have and they would have to work with? Hell with the way the league is going you could look at college coaches.

As much as I want to... wouldn't fire Marrone. Why? What legit HC would want the position with Bortles guaranteed next season? Answer? NONE!!!! Now... Wash.... FIRE HIM. No question we would have all the bright defensive minds lining up to be here... no question about it.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 11:11 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-11-2018, 10:42 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Here's the thing I'm so disappointed with this season but I'm trying to remain realistic, it's easy to say fire Marrone but who would you replace him with? Which HC is on the hot seat or what OC/DC/ST coach runs a great O that uses the talent we have and they would have to work with? Hell with the way the league is going you could look at college coaches.

I bring in a young, successful OC to replace Marrone. The guy I like the most is Pete Carmichael, the OC for the Saints since 2009. He's only 47 years old and has used the run and the pass especially well. I'm surprised Carmichael hasn't gotten a shot at being an NFL HC already. That's just my opinion.

(11-11-2018, 11:00 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:

As much as I want to... wouldn't fire Marrone. Why? What legit HC would want the position with Bortles guaranteed next season? Answer? NONE!!!! Now... Wash.... FIRE HIM. No question we would have all the bright defensive minds lining up to be here... no question about it.

Just because he's going to be on the roster, doesn't mean we have to start him.

(11-11-2018, 11:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I bring in a young, successful OC to replace Marrone. The guy I like the most is Pete Carmichael, the OC for the Saints since 2009. He's only 47 years old and has used the run and the pass especially well. I'm surprised Carmichael hasn't gotten a shot at being an NFL HC already. That's just my opinion.

(11-11-2018, 11:00 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: As much as I want to... wouldn't fire Marrone. Why? What legit HC would want the position with Bortles guaranteed next season? Answer? NONE!!!! Now... Wash.... FIRE HIM. No question we would have all the bright defensive minds lining up to be here... no question about it.

Sean Payton calls the plays

(11-11-2018, 11:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

(11-11-2018, 11:00 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: As much as I want to... wouldn't fire Marrone. Why? What legit HC would want the position with Bortles guaranteed next season? Answer? NONE!!!! Now... Wash.... FIRE HIM. No question we would have all the bright defensive minds lining up to be here... no question about it.

Carmichael has Drew Brees to scheme for. He’s being asked to work with bortles. That’s like asking Wolfgang Puck to go from cooking with premium ingredients to handing him a bag of ramen and expecting a fancy plate of food

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 11:25 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-11-2018, 11:19 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 11:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I bring in a young, successful OC to replace Marrone. The guy I like the most is Pete Carmichael, the OC for the Saints since 2009. He's only 47 years old and has used the run and the pass especially well. I'm surprised Carmichael hasn't gotten a shot at being an NFL HC already. That's just my opinion.

Carmichael has Drew Brees to scheme for. He’s being asked to work with bortles. That’s like asking Wolfgang Puck to go from cooking with premium ingredients to handing him a bag of ramen and expecting a fancy plate of food
Sean Payton dont call the plays no more?  And yeah, the Saints have the all time leading passer, kind of easy to call plays

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/...sive-plays