Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Explain to me

why Bortles is our lead rusher
why Yeldon is our lead receiver
and why Ramsey is at safety
It's all backwards

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1. He wasn’t.
2. He wasn’t.
3. Not sure.

(11-11-2018, 06:41 PM)Haterade Wrote: and why Ramsey is at safety

Because the TE's were making the normal safeties look silly. Eric Ebron is a decent player, but he doesn't get 71 yards and three touchdowns unless someone in the secondary is screwing up.

(11-11-2018, 06:59 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 06:41 PM)Haterade Wrote: and why Ramsey is at safety

Because the TE's were making the normal safeties look silly. Eric Ebron is a decent player, but he doesn't get 71 yards and three touchdowns unless someone in the secondary is screwing up.

It looked to me when they had all those tight ends in we went to 3 deep saftey and since there was no WR ramsey took the 3rd safty spot in the zone. problem was the lb and nickel corners could not cover the TE or got lost and left them open

Last season, it looked like the Jags had a couple linebackers really built great for coverage (Telvin,, Jack). And, I recall Telvin really looking good in coverage last year (maybe I'm wrong, idk).

Boy, they look lost out there in coverage, getting smoked quite often (Telvin).

What's happened?

I think our MLB Jack is way in over his head and doesn’t know what he’s doing. This defense misses Poz big time.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(11-11-2018, 08:50 PM)SuperJville Wrote: I think our MLB Jack is way in over his head and doesn’t know what he’s doing.  This defense misses Poz big time.

I think they miss him pre-snap alignment and assignment wise.  They sure don't miss him being 10 yards out of coverage because of his lack of speed.  So if you could transplant his line calls to Jack we would have something.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 09:22 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

Explain to me how we have 6 Pro Bowlers on this defense, and perform the way that we do.

Coaching.

(11-11-2018, 09:20 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Explain to me how we have 6 Pro Bowlers on this defense, and perform the way that we do.

Coaching.

Wash's scheme has been figured out, and he's either not adapting it or adapting it so poorly that players don't know what the hell to do.

Or he did a terrible job adapting it initially, and has thus far refused to rework it again.

Zero Pro Bowl players this year. Nada, zip, goose eggs.

Explain to me how we look lost in one half and shut them to in the 2nd.  

Not our year, in multiple ways.  Every break we've needed has gone the wrong way.

It ain't just coaching, it ain't just the QB.  We need to have some energy put back into the team, and only the offseason can do that.

That being said, Church was God Awful.  Just what the hell awful.

Yeah, Church is our weakest link right now, Harrison looks good but they continue to play Church

(11-12-2018, 12:04 AM)nate Wrote: Explain to me how we look lost in one half and shut them to in the 2nd.  

Not our year, in multiple ways.  Every break we've needed has gone the wrong way.

It ain't just coaching, it ain't just the QB.  We need to have some energy put back into the team, and only the offseason can do that.

That being said, Church was God Awful.  Just what the hell awful.

Church had multiple gaffs in this game.

Besides Greene,  Church played a significant role in the loss.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

Can we just get a MLB with high football IQ? I would take a coverage liability at MLB if it meant the other 10 defenders weren't constantly out of place. Maybe that should be our goal in FA or the draft next season. Put Jack back at OLB or DE.

(11-11-2018, 06:41 PM)Haterade Wrote: why Bortles is our lead rusher
It's all backwards

1. ROTFL
2. ROTFL
3. Scheme

This thread is backwards. lol.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Telvin in coverage....lol
I’d rather have Taven in coverage

After the 4th TE score it was time to get Church and Gip moves around.

It's all backwards

Bortles is our lead rusher because the offensive line does not get enough push up front to effectively allow our actual RB's to thrive. 

Yeldon is our leading receiver because Bortles is not willing to take any shots deep. Archuleta pointed that out several times yesterday. He's just not that comfortable to wing it downfield consistently. 

Ramsey at safety shouldn't be a surprise when your LB's and actual safeties are getting lit the [BLEEP] up by them. 

It's not really backwards. It's a strong indication that this team is injured to the core and they're now lost out there player wise. Maybe the coaches need to tighten them back up or start moving other players into the starting line-up.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-12-2018, 09:49 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Can we just get a MLB with high football IQ? I would take a coverage liability at MLB if it meant the other 10 defenders weren't constantly out of place. Maybe that should be our goal in FA or the draft next season. Put Jack back at OLB or DE.

Yeah.  That's a real concern.  Jack is a talented LB.  He's just not a MLB.  We need a good one.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-12-2018, 01:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
It's all backwards

Bortles is our lead rusher because the offensive line does not get enough push up front to effectively allow our actual RB's to thrive. The red line by Coach Cowher in studio was telling, no push.

Yeldon is our leading receiver because Bortles is not willing to take any shots deep. Archuleta pointed that out several times yesterday. He's just not that comfortable to wing it downfield consistently. "Don't turn it over" means don't take chances deep.

Ramsey at safety shouldn't be a surprise when your LB's and actual safeties are getting lit the [BLEEP] up by them. Yep.
It's not really backwards. It's a strong indication that this team is injured to the core and they're now lost out there player wise. Maybe the coaches need to tighten them back up or start moving other players into the starting line-up. Blake Bell was playing significant minutes yesterday alongside LT 5, C 2, and WRs 5 and 6.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato