Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
My Thoughts On The Game.

When we're able to run the ball, like we want, we can score points and stay in games.

Think our first priority next year should be to find a #1 WR, and a good TE in the draft.

The LBs are always out of place--because they don't have someone like Poz to direct them.

Harrison needs to play in place of Church. That needs to happen immediately.

Telvin should be the guy to step up as the leader of the LBs. He's been there the longest. I'd like to give Brown an opportunity to play in his place. Shake things up.

Defensive line is fine. It's the LBs and Safeties hurting the defense.

Would also like to find a RT and a G in the draft.  What's the deal with this rookie from NC State?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The only few things id go against is the whole secondary and lbs are out of place. Thats coaching..... wash.... and the defensive line cant stay like they are. Too much money on it. It will be different next year. Cant avoid it.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

It is kind of funny to me when people bring up Poz.

1. People were begging for the man to get cut.

2. Poz played on about 5 years of terrible Jaguar defenses. What was he directing then?

(11-11-2018, 08:05 PM)Trunt8728 Wrote: It is kind of funny to me when people bring up Poz.

1.  People were begging for the man to get cut.

2. Poz played on about  5 years of terrible Jaguar defenses. What was he directing then?

All I know is that the LBs have been way out of position all year--and they weren't last year.

Ok, well here's what i think, i agree they miss Poz, he called the plays in the huddle, he made the adjustments and could read O's. I think Telvin and Jack can do that, it just feels like they are spending too much time thinking and trying to read plays and not just playing naturally. We give players way too much space in coverage, again it's like their trying to read the route rather than just covering him and forcing the QB to make a decision. This D is meant to be strong, quick LB's and DB's who can maintain coverage and a ferocious front 4 that can get to the QB. We haven't played like that all season.

Wash deserves blame and the players deserve blame. They've all crapped the bed this year. It's just not working right now, players going to the club, payers arguing, players telling the media they are out, that's not how 'championship' teams behave or perform. They look lost. Wash doesn't seem to know what will work, the players don't seem to now the playbook or their assignments and nobody is being aggressive and making a freaking play.

D line is not fine

there is ZERO pressure when rushing 4.. Z E R O

last year they got immense pressure with 4 guys, they cant move anymore

its pathetic

btw, the schedule is even harder next year than it is this year, another 3 win season next year

(11-11-2018, 07:58 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: When we're able to run the ball, like we want, we can score points and stay in games.

Think our first priority next year should be to find a #1 WR, and a good TE in the draft.

The LBs are always out of place--because they don't have someone like Poz to direct them.

Telvin should be the guy to step up as the leader of the LBs. He's been there the longest. I'd like to give Brown an opportunity to play in his place. Shake things up.

Would also like to find a RT and a G in the draft.  What's the deal with this rookie from NC State?

Yes

RG, RT, WR, S imho

LB's are thinking too much and not playing fast, when Poz called plays they communicated well and all knew and executed their assignments, they start plays flat footed bc they're thinking too much, might just need to get more experience for Jack there.

Harrison should be the starting SS at this point, he's been consistent and Barry Church is older and has been a liability this year, he's exactly what Cowboys fans warned us he'd be in the long run; kinda reminds me of when the Jags got Kirk Morrison in a draft day trade with the Raiders, and after a few games of bliss, it set in that he only made tackles 5-8 yards off the line of scrimmage and the Raider Nation warned us lol.

Telvin is the leader of the LB's and the vocal leader of the defense. tbh I want to see more Leon Jacobs. he's more stout against the run and i haven't noticed him be a liability or miss an assignment yet this year.

Dline if fine, agreed there, they need to stop moving yannick around though. just line him up on the weakside and let him work at LT and set up rush moves. Calais is a stud as always, Dareus and Abry Jones played well.

Agreed on needing a RT and a G. the rookie tackle from NC state is on IR.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(11-11-2018, 08:51 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: D line is not fine

its pathetic

btw, the schedule is even harder next year than it is this year, another 3 win season next year

This. Wash apparently doesn't intend to change it. Hey, it worked last year, we just have to keep grinding. Meanwhile, opposing qb's have all day to find an open receiver. 

It's coaching. Just ask Doug Marrone. I'm sure he'll come out soon and say it starts with him.... again. But it's also Hackett and Wash.

All is well with the football world again. The national media can make fun of us and we are right back at the bottom of the division where we belong. We got our signature win over the Patriots and well that is what we get. Based on the other teams in the division improving with their line play, we could go for 0 divisional wins for the first time ever. That would be a franchise first. We've already set some franchise firsts in futility this year.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-11-2018, 08:51 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: D line is not fine

its pathetic

They are blitzing more. It's really weird. It's more of a cohesion thing. No DL is getting pressure at same time as another person else. Each person takes their turn so it easy for other teams to have time. To be fair. It really was the similar last year. They just had 2 games with 10 sacks or so, and the sacks they got turned into TO's so we all looked the other way.

I think this style of defense and personnel just works a lot better when playing with a lead, which this team has not done much this season. It's flawed when the offense has it's full playbook available. Only 2 teams succeeded with it really -- 1 had a HOF-caliber safety named Earl Thomas playing a unique style few have matched plus a DPOY worthy LB and the other played with the a great schemed offense got downhill game scripts until they blew a 20+ pt leading the Super Bowl.

Wonder if Poz has any interest in being an LB coach.

(11-11-2018, 11:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Wonder if Poz has any interest in being an LB coach.

Really, I think this has merit.  I Don't think that Wash or anyone else on the coaching staff commands the respect that poz did and thus doesn't have the ability to influence the APPROACH.  When you see guys not clued in, not recognizing formations, not being generally aware of what's going on, that speaks to preparation and attention to detail.

(11-11-2018, 07:58 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: When we're able to run the ball, like we want, we can score points and stay in games.

I agree to an extent.

But this list will change from game to game. Its just the Jags fan way.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Been too busy and tied up traveling to post about the colts game, but here's my main takeaway:

You can point to mistakes from a number of players and coaches in the loss. But the real crux of that one was simply too many blown coverages in the first half.
Telvin, Church, Gipson, Ramsey, Patmon, Hayden, Harrison all had their gaffs.
It was primarily the LBs and safeties being flat out owned by the tight ends that first half.
They simply gave up too much to overcome.  They made mistakes in zone coverage.  They made mistakes in man coverage.  They just played really poorly for two quarters. I'm not sure how much of this you can put on Wash (even if I don't love some of his coverage decisions.)  What I (primarily) saw was players getting fooled very easily by motion, play-action, and some pretty smart route running.  Or even just inexplicably not covering their guy. 

They made some adjustments and got their focus back in the second half, but the damage was done.

Outside of too many first down runs and the fumble - I found very little fault in the offensive play and gameplan.
You can point to some failures - but really the offense did enough to win if the defense had played 4 quarters consistently.  Heck - maybe even just 3 quarters. 

I think if the team as a whole plays consistently like they did in the second half of that game, they can be competitive in every game.  I just don't know if that's asking too much from this team right now. There's some severe underachieving going on all over the field and sidelines.