Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What's up with Jalen?

(11-12-2018, 10:46 AM)Upper Wrote: The crazy thing about him getting bent out of shape by criticism of how he has played lately is that Jacksonville is literally the most tissue soft market with the easiest going fans in the league. If he was on any other team playing like he has this year it would be orders of magnitude worse.
Exactly.  Let him go to a market like NY and let's see how he handles the media criticism when he's going through the motions but continuing to rattle off the smack.

I like Ramsey a lot, but when you talk, you had better be prepared to back it up.  This year hasn't been good for him.  If he thinks a change of venue will make a difference, he can test that in a year or two.  He won't be bragging about a Pro Bowl or All Pro designation this year unless hype gets you in.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We just have too many voices on defense now. I honestly wouldn't be opposed to trading Jalen. But it would have to be for a 1st rounder in a draft with quarterbacks. So I don't think he'll be moved in this draft. Maybe next year's.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Someone should give him a cost of living calculator and he can see the hit to his paycheck in those big markets. Honestly thought, these guys are kids and they play a game of passion and physical sacrifice. It can be hard to get perspective when you are young and accolades put on you. I hope he grows and learns not just on the football field.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Yeah, I miss him already. He’s not the player his mouth led us to believe he was.. Of course, when he leaves for Dallas, or New Orleans, or wherever, he’ll develop into a good player. I’ve seen it happen again and again with players who’ve left Jax.

Wasn't JR a safety in college who transitioned to a CB in the pros? Maybe he is better fit as a safety, but probably likes the potential contract of a CB much better.

Yesterday I was really impressed how quickly our 37th ranked defensive back closed the 10 yard distance between him and the receiver he was “ covering “ after the catch was made.

(11-12-2018, 03:15 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Wasn't JR a safety in college who transitioned to a CB in the pros? Maybe he is better fit as a safety, but probably likes the potential contract of a CB much better.

He played a cross between LB and safety before playing CB his final season. Was one of the best corners in the country.  

He's an elite corner in the NFL too so I don't know why you'd move him there.

He's tired of losing. I'm not surprised.

(11-12-2018, 10:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 10:41 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: If someone offered two 1sts this offseason, I’d take it.

I'd take 1 first for him right now. His play has declined and with the rules favoring the offensive side of the ball, shutdown corners are becoming a thing of the past.

He's one year off of a dominant performance, 24 years old and on a team-friendly rookie deal. No way do I trade him for just a first-round pick. It'd have to be two firsts to be worth it.

(11-12-2018, 04:34 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 10:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'd take 1 first for him right now. His play has declined and with the rules favoring the offensive side of the ball, shutdown corners are becoming a thing of the past.

He's one year off of a dominant performance, 24 years old and on a team-friendly rookie deal. No way do I trade him for just a first-round pick. It'd have to be two firsts to be worth it.

Totally agree. The guy was a true shut-down corner last season. It's too early to give him up- even for a 1st rounder. His comments on Twitter were disappointing, but not totally surprising. He is very young and not used to hearing criticism. He certainly isn't the first spoiled athlete who seems to take everything for granted and refuses to take responsibility for poor play. Frankly, I don't really care that much if he matures as a person. Charles Barkley was totally correct when saying professional athletes should not be our role models. It's enough for me if he returns to his high level of play and doesn't do anything causing him to get arrested. Based on his clean history and family background, I don't expect anything worse from him than continually running his mouth.

Well, Marrone called out Ramsey for being the guy that blew his assignment on Ebron's 52 yard TD. And Boselli called out Ramsey on his radio show for going rogue and playing man when the team was playing zone. So maybe Ramsey's tweet was aimed more at the FO/team personalities than the fans?

(11-12-2018, 05:49 PM)Upper Wrote: Well, Marrone called out Ramsey for being the guy that blew his assignment on Ebron's 52 yard TD. And Boselli called out Ramsey on his radio show for going rogue and playing man when the team was playing zone. So maybe Ramsey's tweet was aimed more at the FO/team personalities than the fans?

If you draw up a Man Corner, Ramsey is exactly the type you draw up, yet we continue to play a god awful amount of Zone. I don't blame him at all. Week after week we see guys running wide open due to our garbage Zone coverage.

I'd be willing to bet they played mostly Zone in the 1st half, which is why they got shredded. Probably played a lot more Man in the 2nd half and that's why they played way better.

(11-12-2018, 06:31 PM)Eric1 Wrote: If you draw up a Man Corner, Ramsey is exactly the type you draw up, yet we continue to play a god awful amount of Zone. I don't blame him at all. Week after week we see guys running wide open due to our garbage Zone coverage.

I'd be willing to bet they played mostly Zone in the 1st half, which is why they got shredded. Probably played a lot more Man in the 2nd half and that's why they played way better.

Agreed.

Some of you guys need to take a deep breath. Giving up on Ramsey????

He’s by far our best player. I wish we had 2 of him.

Until we get Linder, Robinson, Lee, and ASJ back from injury, and find a way to replace Jimmy Smith/Justin Blackmon/Allen Robinson at WR, then we’re gonna struggle. Most of all we need a sure fire QB. This Bortles guy is wasting our window. Trust me, we’re going to need Ramsey.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2018, 07:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-12-2018, 06:48 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Some of you guys need to take a deep breath. Giving up on Ramsey????

He’s by far our best player. I wish we had 2 of him.

Until we get Linder, Robinson, Lee, and ASJ back from injury, and find a way to replace Jimmy Smith/Justin Blackmon/Allen Robinson at WR, then we’re gonna struggle. Most of all we need a sure fire QB. This Bortles guy is wasting our window. Trust me, we’re going to need Ramsey.

Ramsey isn't even the best corner on the team much less best player.  Campbell is our best player

Ramsey for Grier straight up

(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
I'll remember you said that. Might even put it in my signature for all to see.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-12-2018, 07:39 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
I'll remember you said that. Might even put it in my signature for all to see.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Please do

He needs to learn how to play man and zone apparently
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

Maybe Ramsey sees the conspriscey againest the city of Jacksonville by the nfl. even whhen the team is good the refs rob the Jaguars liek in the AFC tittle game . that was a fumble by the pats player yet they called him down. if it was a jags player it would've been a fuble like yesterday. Greene was down. NFL wants Jags in London. everyone knows its true.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(11-12-2018, 08:54 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Maybe Ramsey sees the conspriscey  againest the city of Jacksonville by the nfl. even whhen the team is good the refs rob the Jaguars liek in the AFC tittle game . that was a fumble by the pats player yet they called him down. if it was a jags player it would've been a fuble like yesterday. Greene was down.  NFL wants Jags in London. everyone knows its true.

There is no conspiracy to move the team wolfie. If a team wants to move, they just do. Look at the Rams and Raiders.

Please stop saying this.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."