Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What's up with Jalen?

Love LF, dude keeps it real. Ramsey should read this

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqGgnhWld-K/...0mrrfaczac

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-12-2018, 11:12 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 11:05 AM)D-Money Wrote: smh..our fans are crazy. Now we want to let Jalen go? He is the heart of the team but he sees everything that the organization is doing. We had a winning team and they go let go of almost everyone he was cool with and had a real relationship with. He saw what happened when we played the Patriots last year and it was on the coaching why we lost. Smh, we have one of the best DBs in the  league and we going to [BLEEP] around and lose hime to the Titans because of our terrible front office. I guess everyone here is ok with it..smh

Exactly

(11-12-2018, 11:06 AM)Kane Wrote: It amazes me how many people are willing to part with Jalen Ramsey lol

Dude's just looking for some attention. And he got it.

Its embarrassing to be in this fan base at times. People are delusional.

Im over this fan base. Smh.

Agreed.

Funny thing is, those that are complaining are actually true prima donna fans.

Moaning and wailing, acting like they'd rather see lesser players out there, so long as they show DAT GRIT!

I think the prima donnas would love to come on here and say they'd rather have a roster of 53 UDFA heart felt stories, but actually loved it when the very players they are now complain in about showed any swagger.    And deservedly so.

I just want the guy to play better. I dunno if its scheme, effort, mental lapse, whatever. Play better, we all have seen it, we all expect it, and most of all, its your $ you lose if you don't come out and play like we all know (especially Jalen himself) are capable of. I think PFF has him at 37, as much as I dislike that page, his drop off in skill this year has been noticeable even to the novice football eye.

(11-12-2018, 10:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Id rather Bouye honestly, hes a whiny little [BLEEP] that's not as good as he thinks he is.  His play has fell off.  I'd trade him if we could get good value.  No 1 player is bigger than the franchise

Bouye has been a better player since he got here honestly, even if Jalen does have more athletic ability and potential. But he's got to work at it to maximize it and he seems to be paying to much attention to his press clippings. Coughlin is not going to react well to that is my guess.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-13-2018, 07:54 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 10:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Id rather Bouye honestly, hes a whiny little [BLEEP] that's not as good as he thinks he is.  His play has fell off.  I'd trade him if we could get good value.  No 1 player is bigger than the franchise

Bouye has been a better player since he got here honestly, even if Jalen does have more athletic ability and potential. But he's got to work at it to maximize it and he seems to be paying to much attention to his press clippings. Coughlin is not going to react well to that is my guess.

Bouye initially played more technically sound and disciplined than Jalen.  That's for sure. The results were not very different at 2017 season's end as Jalen made up for most of his miscues with raw athleticism. 

This is not the case this season IMO.  I don't care what stats say. As Jalen has struggled - Bouye, in turn, was giving up first downs to #2 receivers far more frequently than he did in 2017.  They both regressed. 

Personally - I think they are both great players that are perfectly capable of a return to form - so I don't really have any red flags waving on the topic. Bouye's injury is still a concern but -  I'm much more concerned with the offense's inability to run the ball. 

Jalen having a bit of a tantrum after 5 straight L's seems as normal as the sunrise to me given his personality. Not concerned. He'll likely step it up and get his head right as he preps to face the steelers formidable receiving corps.

Lol typically jags fans... we have the best CB in the league and you guys wanna let him go? He jus in his feelings, hes young... winning next year will make him stay... this off season theres and organization looking to rebuild and QB not particularly happy...*cough* Russell Wilson trade *cough*

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2018, 12:41 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(11-12-2018, 06:48 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Some of you guys need to take a deep breath. Giving up on Ramsey????

He’s by far our best player. I wish we had 2 of him.

Until we get Linder, Robinson, Lee, and ASJ back from injury, and find a way to replace Jimmy Smith/Justin Blackmon/Allen Robinson at WR, then we’re gonna struggle. Most of all we need a sure fire QB. This Bortles guy is wasting our window. Trust me, we’re going to need Ramsey.

Oh yeah it was you and some other guy who were saying Ramsey was already gonna be the GOAT lol.

He is not our best player, he has the biggest mouth though and right now he just looks like a clown.

(11-13-2018, 11:08 AM)Jords808 Wrote: Lol typically jags fans... we have the best CB in the league and you guys wanna let him go? He jus in his feelings, hes young... winning next year will make him stay... this off season theres and organization looking to rebuild and QB not particularly happy...*cough* Russell Wilson trade *cough*

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Not even close

Sounds like the PR dept and TC whipped him into shape.

(11-13-2018, 01:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Sounds like the PR dept and TC whipped him into shape.

Sounds more like a bunch of people just try to make wayyyy too much out of the guys twitter feed in the first place.

(11-12-2018, 10:34 AM)jagboss Wrote: Per his twitter:

"When I’m gone from here, y’all gone miss me. I ain’t even trippin lol"

Is he ready to bolt this ship, or is he just being Jalen?

Don't let the door hit ya &c.

If dude don't want to be here and is overtly ignoring coaching as alleged, I say ship him to Vegas for some of those picks they've been hoarding.

(11-13-2018, 02:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 01:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Sounds like the PR dept and TC whipped him into shape.

Sounds more like a bunch of people just try to make wayyyy too much out of the guys twitter feed in the first place.

Yeah. I think he likes the attention it brings.

Used to have a girlfriend who did similar things with her facebook posts.
Always looking for a "what does that mean" or "what's wrong" type response.

But then again.... this is a day and age where everyone will dissect every tweet from all sorts of people even going back in time to find some ammo lol

I'm thinking he had a moment of frustration probably with the influence of a couple swigs of the Grey Goose and posted something he later regretted. Who knows. He's still a kid really.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-13-2018, 08:21 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 02:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Sounds more like a bunch of people just try to make wayyyy too much out of the guys twitter feed in the first place.

I'm thinking he had a moment of frustration probably with the influence of a couple swigs of the Grey Goose and posted something he later regretted. Who knows. He's still a kid really.

Yeah - I think he posted something borne out of emotion rather than rationality (pretty common for him) and then people that probably knew plenty better  -  ran with it as though it meant more than it did anyway.

Ramsey also posted on Instagram (it got deleted) and he started his story with "Jacksonville, FL". It included the same thing he tweeted.

I'm sure most of it had to do with emotion from the loss, since he hates losing so much and was probably getting spammed by idiot "Jag fans" on his social medias.

I do agree that people tend to over analyze everything, especially the people on this board, but I don't blame Ramsey. There's no excuse for this Defense to be as bad as they've been this season. Especially this past Sunday, in which they were coming off of a bye week... Wash needs to be held accountable and if not him, then it needs to be Marrone.. There's absolutely no reason why this Defense should have been so terrible this past sunday, when it's the healthiest they've been all season.

(11-13-2018, 11:10 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 02:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Sounds more like a bunch of people just try to make wayyyy too much out of the guys twitter feed in the first place.

Ramsey also posted on Instagram (it got deleted) and he started his story with "Jacksonville, FL". It included the same thing he tweeted.

I'm sure most of it had to do with emotion from the loss, since he hates losing so much and was probably getting spammed by idiot "Jag fans" on his social medias.

I do agree that people tend to over analyze everything, especially the people on this board, but I don't blame Ramsey. There's no excuse for this Defense to be as bad as they've been this season. Especially this past Sunday, in which they were coming off of a bye week... Wash needs to be held accountable and if not him, then it needs to be Marrone.. There's absolutely no reason why this Defense should have been so terrible this past sunday, when it's the healthiest they've been all season.

I see individual players making the same, or similar mistakes pretty often. I tend to hold the players accountable for that. The scheme isn't that tricky.  Guys are repeatedly out of position.  If an armchair-idiot-analyst like me can see LBs and safeties biting on pre-snap movement and fake hand-offs  - while DBs abandon coverage responsibilities trying to do too much or just guessing wrong -  then these knuckleheads on the field need to share the blame. 

I'm not a big fan of Wash's scheme or anything and I think a better coach may get these guys a bit more prepared, but I see a LOT of individual screw-ups from defenders giving up big plays in recent weeks. I hesitate to put so much of this on the coaches as you seem to. 

And yeah - Ramsey has some growing up to do. On and off the field.

(11-13-2018, 11:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 11:10 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Ramsey also posted on Instagram (it got deleted) and he started his story with "Jacksonville, FL". It included the same thing he tweeted.

I see individual players making the same, or similar mistakes pretty often. I tend to hold the players accountable for that. The scheme isn't that tricky.  Guys are repeatedly out of position.  If an armchair-idiot-analyst like me can see LBs and safeties biting on pre-snap movement and fake hand-offs  - while DBs abandon coverage responsibilities trying to do too much or just guessing wrong -  then these knuckleheads on the field need to share the blame. 

I'm not a big fan of Wash's scheme or anything and I think a better coach may get these guys a bit more prepared, but I see a LOT of individual screw-ups from defenders giving up big plays in recent weeks. I hesitate to put so much of this on the coaches as you seem to. 

And yeah - Ramsey has some growing up to do. On and off the field.

I'd agree with the fact that players do seem to be making the same mistakes over and over. While that is on the player/s, it also falls on the coaches. Why do they continue to let them make the same mistakes over and over? If we can see it, they can absolutely see it, yet nothing has changed and it's the same thing week to week.

That falls on the coaches imo. They control this team... Bench these idiots... The team has lost 5 straight... What the coaches are doing isn't working. Why are the players making the same mistakes? Why aren't the coaches changing anything? Why aren't they doing what they're supposed to do as coaches and hold these players accountable? 

One week you make a mistake? ok.. Two weeks? hmmm, alright... Three weeks... Hold up here... but 5 weeks later and it's damn near the same stuff over and over. That simply goes beyond the players just making stupid mistakes at that point. It falls on the people who are suppose to be teaching and coaching these players up. If you don't want to discipline the players, then they need to discipline the coaches, or somebody.. Because doing nothing, like they have been, has did exactly that, nothing.

WIth Ramsey, you get the good with the bad. The man wont hide his emotions. He's on a losing team with no apparent sign of improvement.

No one on this team is as good as they were last year except (maybe) Campbell, Yannick, and Lambo. This year is a huge disappointment, so I can imagine that Ramsey is going to lash out too. All of this goes away if we win.

(11-13-2018, 03:34 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 10:34 AM)jagboss Wrote: Per his twitter:

"When I’m gone from here, y’all gone miss me. I ain’t even trippin lol"

Is he ready to bolt this ship, or is he just being Jalen?

Don't let the door hit ya &c.

If dude don't want to be here and is overtly ignoring coaching as alleged, I say ship him to Vegas for some of those picks they've been hoarding.

This is pulling a Gruden in reverse.  

It is very nearly the equivalent of shipping Mack out.  

Especially for this team, you draft every year to have someone with that much talent.

Sorry our prima donna fans get miffed when a player gets frustrated at losing.  I say we bring back the ping pong tables and happy/happy joy/joy.

Weren't we talking just a short few years ago how irritating it was that the players were too complacent with losing and that Gus's attitude of not focusing on winning was?

Some of our fans BLOW.

(11-12-2018, 02:56 PM)Section105Fan Wrote: Yeah, I miss him already. He’s not the player his mouth led us to believe he was.. Of course, when he leaves for Dallas, or New Orleans, or wherever, he’ll develop into a good player. I’ve seen it happen again and again with players who’ve left Jax.

With all due respect, who?