Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What's up with Jalen?

First of all. What is with this he is just a kid crap. Dude is 24 years old.Time to end this notion that men are still kids when they have damn near lived close to a third of the average males life.

He is a grown [BLEEP] man. He says/tweets what he wants and then all the rest try to dissect and manipulate and psychoanalyze his every word. Comical is what it is.

Do folks really give two rats [BLEEP] about what he tweets?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-15-2018, 04:05 PM)Jagwired Wrote: First of all. What is with this he is just a kid crap. Dude is 24 years old.Time to end this notion that men are still kids when they have damn near lived close to a third of the average males life.

He is a grown [BLEEP] man. He says/tweets what he wants and then all the rest try to dissect and manipulate and psychoanalyze his every word. Comical is what it is.

As a fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars,
Yes I care about what a player of the Jacksonville Jaguars puts out publicly.

I still see him as a "kid" in the sense that he doesn't quite know how to handle the minor things of being a professional and lets things get to him to the point where he lashes out on twitter and expects no one to criticize him.

(11-15-2018, 04:05 PM)Jagwired Wrote: First of all. What is with this he is just a kid crap. Dude is 24 years old.Time to end this notion that men are still kids when they have damn near lived close to a third of the average males life.

He is a grown [BLEEP] man.
He says/tweets what he wants and then all the rest try to dissect and manipulate and psychoanalyze his every word. Comical is what it is.

While I don't disagree with what you're saying here, a very large percentage of 20-30 year olds in modern American society do not think or behave like adults whether they should be expected to or not.

I will say a lot of the context of what he said sounds different in person. I don't have an issue with what he said. We all know our fan base is on the edge and we do react harshly very quickly (myself very much included).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSwyulJUX_M
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Some clarity from the horse's mouth here:

https://www.jaguars.com/news/twenty-talk...ole-career

(11-15-2018, 01:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 01:07 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I’m still not sure why we run zone at all when it’s abundantly clear that it doesn’t work, and it’s not suited to our players strengths. We play better with man, it’s that simple.

Didn’t we learn our lesson after the debacle in Arizona last year? That to me is on coaching

It was abundantly clear that it worked pretty damn well in 2017 when they held opponents to 170 yards per game passing. 

The problem right now is that the smarter OCs are successfully scheming against it and there are two reasons they are doing so well in a few games:

- In-Game adjustments are coming late after damage is done and
- individual players are making way too many mistakes with assignments

It's also important to note this stuff hasn't just happened consistently in every game this year as some are implying.

Pardon me if I’m wrong, but I was under the impression that we played mostly man coverage last year with zone mixed in here or there?

(11-15-2018, 06:39 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 01:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It was abundantly clear that it worked pretty damn well in 2017 when they held opponents to 170 yards per game passing. 

The problem right now is that the smarter OCs are successfully scheming against it and there are two reasons they are doing so well in a few games:

- In-Game adjustments are coming late after damage is done and
- individual players are making way too many mistakes with assignments

It's also important to note this stuff hasn't just happened consistently in every game this year as some are implying.

Pardon me if I’m wrong, but I was under the impression that we played mostly man coverage last year with zone mixed in here or there?

I'd say they are playing only slightly more zone this year than they did last year.  

There were a few specific games last year in which they played man coverage almost exclusively as they thought the opponent and matchups dictated that. They really haven't had those games this year - but they still play man coverage according to offensive formation, field position, and down and distance. 

Last year they played maybe 40% of the defensive snaps in man coverage by my estimation. Probably a little less. 
(there was not a single NFL team that played more than 47% of their snaps in man in 2017 according to PFF)

(11-15-2018, 06:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 06:39 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Pardon me if I’m wrong, but I was under the impression that we played mostly man coverage last year with zone mixed in here or there?

I'd say they are playing only slightly more zone this year than they did last year.  

There were a few specific games last year in which they played man coverage almost exclusively as they thought the opponent and matchups dictated that. They really haven't had those games this year - but they still play man coverage according to offensive formation, field position, and down and distance. 

Last year they played maybe 40% of the defensive snaps in man coverage by my estimation. Probably a little less. 
(there was not a single NFL team that played more than 47% of their snaps in man in 2017 according to PFF)
It's obvious that the team just can't handle it this year. I would rather them point at the WR/TE/RB pre-snap so everyone was clear who was covering who. They continue to either not know the play call, the coverages, or where they need to be.

If the play call isn't complicated, then they should know the play and the coverages. So they don't know where they should be or they are just doing their own thing.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

https://www.askvic.us

Vic thinks marrone needs to reign Ramsey in. I agree with his assertion that Ramsey has become a distraction

@criscarter80 was just busting hard on Jalen on First Things First! :-D "Spicy mouthed cornerback. I got your message and I got some more for you."

It's funny that he's getting some blow back from the off season comments. But that aside, what you want to see is him taking it, doing the hard work in the mirror, and rising above it with his play. That's what I'm cheering for.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-15-2018, 03:03 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I don't have any issues with him clapping back on fans. But I do think he needs to look at it from our perspective. Yes, he went through a few hard years when he first arrived, but we've been dealing with this for decades...... And I didn't mind the yapping in the offseason; but now he seems like he can't take it coming back. He's young and still learning, so hopefully he learns from all of this. I think we have too many lead voices in the locker room right now with too many opinions. We have too many "leaders" and not enough followers.....

What should happen is he shoulda kept talking.

The great trash talkers didn't stop even when they were losing.

Besides, I believe those were his honest thoughts on those QBs. I agreed with him.

Im in the minority that says if you're asked a question, you should tell the truth.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2018, 12:17 PM by RicoTx.)

Whether he should be doing it or not is a matter of opinion.  Do I agree with him now that he explained his thoughts.  Absolutely.  Just look at this board as a microcosm.  There are several posters, and they know who they are, that absolutely never post in the football sections unless things are going poorly.  But boy...when things are going poorly the [BLEEP] coming crawling out of the woodwork like cockroaches.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-13-2018, 02:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 01:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Sounds like the PR dept and TC whipped him into shape.

Sounds more like a bunch of people just try to make wayyyy too much out of the guys twitter feed in the first place.

Original tweet was ambiguous at best and unprompted as far as I know.  I don't think he has much of a leg to stand on to then chastise people for how they interpreted it.  Just own your wording, clarify if need be and move on.  I think his flippant follow up tweet placing blame on the reader rather than his wording was probably more of an issue than the original tweet which when I read it I noted that he could've meant after retiring a Jag 12 years from now when he's "gone from here".

(11-16-2018, 11:15 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 02:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Sounds more like a bunch of people just try to make wayyyy too much out of the guys twitter feed in the first place.

Original tweet was ambiguous at best and unprompted as far as I know.  I don't think he has much of a leg to stand on to then chastise people for how they interpreted it.  Just own your wording, clarify if need be and move on.  I think his flippant follow up tweet placing blame on the reader rather than his wording was probably more of an issue than the original tweet which when I read it I noted that he could've meant after retiring a Jag 12 years from now when he's "gone from here".

My point was that what you are doing here ^ is reading too much into the skittering thoughts of an emotionally driven, sore-loser, trash-talking, twenty four year old that just lost 5 games in a row. He's going to say dumb stuff and deflect rather than "own it" sometimes. It's in his nature. 

His random, moment to moment thoughts are probably going to be all over the map, and I don't think they merit all of the analysis folks are giving them. 

It's sort of like a teenage girl screaming "I hate you - you ruined my life" at her parents because they won't buy her a $200 curling iron or something. 

That's how I see it. I expect a certain degree of immaturity from Jalen. And I think some part of him thrives on the drama.

Does Jalen even make the pro bowl this year?

(11-16-2018, 01:55 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Does Jalen even make the pro bowl this year?

As of right now, no. But if they turn the ship around and start playing as a team and show the stuff of last year, it's possible. Not too many stand out corners this year.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Not sure if this has been posted, but Vic Ketchman attributes a lot of our current "issues" to Jalen Ramsey

Vic, curious about your thoughts on Marrone and how much of the Jags' hapless five-game stretch reflects on him. Obviously, the blame isn't all on him, lots of things going on here, but just looking for your perspective.

Doug Marrone is a good coach who knows how to win. As the Jaguars were applauding themselves last season, Marrone understood his team was limited in what it could do and its margin for winning was very slim. He remained humble and focused; I thought he provided great leadership for a team that desperately needed it. He understood his team had to win by playing a particular way, and he coached his team to win in that specific way: attacking defense, conservative offense, hardnosed attitude. What's happened since then is Jalen Ramsey has destroyed much of the chemistry for winning the Jaguars built last season. His rants have become a distraction for the Jaguars and a motivator for opponents, and I get the sense Ramsey has infected his teammates. I kept waiting for Marrone to reel Ramsey in, but he never did. That's the only criticism I have of Marrone.

Vic has reached "get off my lawn" status.
I have a really hard time taking that seriously.  

Ramsey's attitude isn't making his teammates play poorly. That's just silly, IMO.

Now if you were to say Ramsey needs to get his own head right and get back to shutting guys down, I can dig it. But this stuff:  
Quote:Jalen Ramsey has destroyed much of the chemistry for winning the Jaguars built last season. His rants have become a distraction for the Jaguars and a motivator for opponents, and I get the sense Ramsey has infected his teammates.

That's a load of garbage  ^

Maybe there are some quarterbacks motivated by Ramsey's talk. That's about the only sensical part of that statement.

That response by Vic is idiotic.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(11-16-2018, 03:24 PM)Jagwired Wrote: That response by Vic is idiotic.

I agree. I don't think Marrone is a good coach.