Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL rule question about jags/colt game

(11-13-2018, 07:16 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 05:45 PM)Inziladun Wrote: Yeah the game where they incite a fan riot, call the game early and then the NFL forced them to march out half dressed players 30 minutes later to come out to take one more snap to officially "finish" the game... that's definitely a model the NFL should live by.

The fan behavior and subsequent actions are irrelevant. What matters is if the attempt to challenge or review is made before the ball is snapped. There have been times where a coach's challenge flag is noticed too late. Should the challenging team be penalized for the refs' inattentiveness?
You can see and review a challenge flag .... no one knows what the NFL does and it is totally up to the refs who are terrible

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The refs, remembering how they screwed the Jags in last year’s AFC Championship game when Myles Jack was ruled down, decided that they would rule that Greene wasn’t down, to make up for that bad call.
(For those fans from Yeehaw Junction.........this is my failed attempt at humor)

(11-13-2018, 07:29 PM)Section105Fan Wrote: The refs, remembering how they screwed the Jags in last year’s AFC Championship game when Myles Jack was ruled down, decided that they would rule that Greene wasn’t down, to make up for that bad call.
(For those fans from Yeehaw Junction.........this is my failed attempt at humor)

Bottom line is screw the Jags anytime we play a "legacy" team.....we're still the new guys and don't mean squat.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2018, 07:44 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(11-12-2018, 11:14 AM)USCG_JAG Wrote: I know some of the Guys and Gals are fairly versed on the rules on our humble forum, so I was hoping someone could articulate to me how the down by contact to fumble overturn happened yesterday.

I know that there is a lot of disagreement on if it was a fumble or not, I for one think the ball was jarred loose initially but maintained possession with the receiver until the knee contacted the ground.

My problem is this:

1) It was rule down and it appeared that the whistle was blown prior to recovery.
2) I really didn’t see enough evidence to overturn the ruling, yes ther was a “clear” recovery, but like mention previous it appeared to occur after the whistle blew.
3) The jags were able to get to the line and snap the ball seemingly 2-3 seconds prior to them blowing the following play dead to review it.

How did this happen and what do the rule books say should happen? Just an odd series of events against the Jags and I don’t want to use the #becausejaguars or the refs screwed us excuse without understanding the rules a bit more.

Thank you for reading and any clearification!
Go Jags!

Your assessment is correct and the refs were wrong.  I was screaming these same things durng the game. 

The real answer is because the Jags are a bottom feeding organization who always gets the calls against them.   I had no clue how they were able to review it after a play snapped.

The Jags were plain lucky to even be that situation because the colts had some easy drops
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]