Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles passers rating Grid

(11-12-2018, 12:28 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 12:15 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: Oh you have a copy of the playbook.

Do you have it in PDF form? I would like to see. You want my email?

Why would I need a pdf? If you watch a game or two, you have seen the playbook. It's not that complex.

(11-12-2018, 12:12 PM)old_man Wrote: Really Quick.....

Who have been the best pass catchers on the team........

And if your back is wide open,  of course you check it down....He is already in the second level....

This post...... is not reality....

How many games have the Pats won on check downs....

Are you really trying to compare Brady/Belechik to Bortles/Marrone?

What?

Wallbash
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-12-2018, 12:28 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 12:15 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: Oh you have a copy of the playbook.

Do you have it in PDF form? I would like to see. You want my email?

Why would I need a pdf? If you watch a game or two, you have seen the playbook. It's not that complex.

(11-12-2018, 12:12 PM)old_man Wrote: Really Quick.....

Who have been the best pass catchers on the team........

And if your back is wide open,  of course you check it down....He is already in the second level....

This post...... is not reality....

How many games have the Pats won on check downs....

Are you really trying to compare Brady/Belechik to Bortles/Marrone?

Sure ....

No I am saying that look at ALOT of passes that Brady has made over the years.....
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(11-12-2018, 12:42 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: What?

Wallbash

Hey, don't hurt yourself. You'll figure it out eventually, most opposing defenses have already.

(11-12-2018, 12:48 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 12:42 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: What?

Wallbash

Hey, don't hurt yourself. You'll figure it out eventually, most opposing defenses have already.

I know we totally lost the game yesterday based on the Offense.......

We know you HATE Bortles ........

(11-12-2018, 12:48 PM)old_man Wrote: Sure ....

No I am saying that look at ALOT of passes that Brady has made over the years.....

I get what you're saying, but Brady is much more of a threat on the deep ball (and intermediate) and that must respected by defenses. The screen and short pass is more effective as a result. I don't think that any defensive coordinator feels threatened by Blake's deep pass attack.

(11-12-2018, 12:50 PM)old_man Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 12:48 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Hey, don't hurt yourself. You'll figure it out eventually, most opposing defenses have already.

Bro, I thought I was the only one seeing this. Look at the interaction between him and I. My comment completely flew over his head and he calling me stupid. LOL. ROTFL!!!

A delusional one indeed.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2018, 12:59 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

(11-12-2018, 12:50 PM)old_man Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 12:48 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Hey, don't hurt yourself. You'll figure it out eventually, most opposing defenses have already.

Not really. I pulled for the guy for a long time. Loved him at UCF. Have really oscillated back and forth for the past several years, on supporting him vs not supporting him. I really hate seeing my favorite team taking "L" s more. 

I have finally reached a position where I am fully supportive of getting a better QB. I think it's time. If we don't, we'll have plenty of more mediocrity.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2018, 01:07 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

(11-12-2018, 11:48 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: I get the post but why are we talking about Blake like he cost us the game?

I mean, shouldn't this be posted after Blake has a bad game?

Not trolling, just trying to understand the logic.

Bro, you asked a question, I answered. Every one of your posts since then have been cantankerous.

Trolling.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2018, 01:24 PM by old_man.)

(11-12-2018, 12:52 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 12:48 PM)old_man Wrote: Sure ....

I get what you're saying, but Brady is much more of a threat on the deep ball (and intermediate) and that must respected by defenses. The screen and short pass is more effective as a result. I don't think that any defensive coordinator feels threatened by Blake's deep pass attack.

What deep threat WR do we have?  That will consistently get open?

That pass to Moncrief was a great pass and good route.

(11-12-2018, 12:56 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 12:50 PM)old_man Wrote: I know we totally lost the game yesterday based on the Offense.......

Not really. I pulled for the guy for a long time. Loved him at UCF. Have really oscillated back and forth for the past several years, on supporting him vs not supporting him. I really hate seeing my favorite team taking "L" s more. 

I have finally reached a position where I am fully supportive  of getting a better QB. I think it's time. If we don't, we'll have plenty of more mediocrity.

I give the guy a break,  he didn't have the best coaching from the beginning.

He should have been a 2nd year starter and Henne should have played out Bortles first year, except the Gus Bradley ship was sinking.....

(11-12-2018, 12:15 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 11:57 AM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: The point is, our offense is having a hard time outscoring other teams' offense. This will be a constant theme as long as BB remains QB. It was an issue last season but our defense was playing better then. Now, with a defense that is not so hot, it becomes imperative for us to have the ability to sustain drives.

I guess you could say that the post is a concentrated effort to prove what needs to be done with our possible top 5 draft pick.

Even with as bad as the defense stank in the first half yesterday, the Jags should have won that game.  If Lambo doesn't miss his first field goal of the season and the bad call of a fumble on the last drive doesn't happen, the Jags would have won that game scoring either 32 or 36 points.  While Blake's skill set does limit the team, he is by no means responsible for yesterday's loss.  In fact, when he plays like he did yesterday we could win 10 games a year and compete for the division every year.  Good defensive coaching and a better safety fixes the talented defense.  Given the devastating injuries on offense and getting at least 2 or 3 of those guys back, this team is right back in the thick of playoff contention next year.

The only problem with my optimism is that the teams in our division have each taken steps forward this year, too.  Of those I worry long term about the Colts most. Chris Ballard and Frank Reich are the real deal.  The stinkin' Tacks are headed in the right direction, too.

don't forget about the extra  point that was blocked. it would've been at least 30 to 29, and the last drive woulv'e just been running out the clock.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(11-12-2018, 11:36 AM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: And here is the passing chart for yesterday's game. Please don't talk about how great Blake's stats were from yesterday. Yes, he had the nice throw to Moncrief. But he had only 2 completions for more than 10 yards, most of his attempts were 5 yards or less. The decision making to hit a receiver for 5 yards when it's 3rd and 10 does necessarily make oneself a good QB. 

[Image: pass-chart_BOR650964_2018-reg-10_1541973838005.jpeg]

Not going down field also allows defenders to play up and tackle Fournette on running plays so it indirectly impacts our running game as well; hence a 2 yard per carry average for Fournette

(11-12-2018, 03:18 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 11:36 AM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: And here is the passing chart for yesterday's game. Please don't talk about how great Blake's stats were from yesterday. Yes, he had the nice throw to Moncrief. But he had only 2 completions for more than 10 yards, most of his attempts were 5 yards or less. The decision making to hit a receiver for 5 yards when it's 3rd and 10 does necessarily make oneself a good QB. 

[Image: pass-chart_BOR650964_2018-reg-10_1541973838005.jpeg]

Not going down field also allows defenders to play up and tackle Fournette on running plays so it indirectly impacts our running game as well; hence a 2 yard per carry average for Fournette

You have no clue what you are talking about. Any knowledgeable student of the game knows that the run it up the gut on every 1st down for -1 yards is the staple in any respectable coordinators playbook.

Updated chart for this week's game. Only 1 completion over 10 yards, lots of dump offs. It's this lack of ability to throw intermediate/deeper passes that stalls drives, and puts an over emphasis on the run game. Run game was great today, but once the Steelers adjusted for it, Bortles' short pass game became inadequate. Such a shame too, because we were doing well on other levels. Sometimes it helps to be able to get more than 1 TD in a game. 

[Image: pass-chart_BOR650964_2017-reg-11_1511130866237.jpeg]

uhhh, what? /\ /\

Thats says CLE, and Bortles was 10-18/104 yards today.

Lol, that is for week 11...of 2017. My mistake. It looks about what I expected today's chart to be. They haven't updated it for today. But this does prove somewhat of a point, in that it ain't much different a year later.

(11-12-2018, 12:03 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 11:59 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Bortles audibled to a run play on 3rd and 9. That is all you need to know to make an informed decision.

The questions are......

What was the play he audibled out of? What was the defense in?

The fact that he audibled to a run means nothing.

who's to say that if he did throw it to these bunch of awful WRs/TE/RBs that they'd even catch the ball, who's to say that one or even 2 of his offensive linemen will allow a linemen to blow by them and pressure him. It's not just the QB. The play that was called may not have worked in that situation that was given. Just because he checked out of it means nothing. Given how great Hackett has been calling games lately, can you blame him! I'm not an apologist, but Blake is not the only reason why this team is 3-7, like a lot of people on this board seem to think. It's not just one thing, it's stupid penalties one time, it's 24 dropping passes, it's a wide receiver fumbling the ball at the end of the game in scoring territory, it's the defense playing off the PGH receivers at the end of the game, allowing them to run down the field, it's stupid 15-yard penalties at the most inopportune times in the game. Did all 3 phases of the game come to play the full game anytime this year, besides the NE game? If you say yes, then you're really crazy..... But remember, on this board, it's always BB 5's fault.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2018, 06:45 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

Here is the real chart for today (week 11 2018). Remarkably the same as 1 year ago. 1 pass completion over 10 yards. My point remains the same. Short passes, short of first down, and check downs. It's not enough, and won't give you an offense dymanic enough to beat a good team. Pittsburgh found a way to stop the run, and after that, we had nothing. They took a penalty that gave the Jaguars an extra down to try and get a first, because they knew Blake couldn't beat them with his arm. Good and obvious gamble. 

[Image: pass-chart_BOR650964_2018-reg-11_1542580462635.jpeg]

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2018, 09:17 PM by old_man.)

Who cares about his arm? The O Line couldn't block my Dead Grandma.....they cant pass block to save their lives and could keep run blocking all game either....

Did you see separation on any play by WR or TEs, I didn't.....?

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2018, 02:02 PM by Kane.)

(11-18-2018, 06:43 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Here is the real chart for today (week 11 2018). Remarkably the same as 1 year ago. 1 pass completion over 10 yards. My point remains the same. Short passes, short of first down, and check downs. It's not enough,  and won't give you an offense dymanic enough to beat a good team. Pittsburgh found a way to stop the run, and after that, we had nothing. They took a penalty that gave the Jaguars an extra down to try and get a first, because they knew Blake couldn't beat them with his arm. Good and obvious gamble. 

[Image: pass-chart_BOR650964_2018-reg-11_1542580462635.jpeg]

I'm certainly not here to defend Blake... but Romo pointed it out multiple times yesterday. The OL can not block long enough to get those routes open downfield.
On 3rd and 10 or longer, you need longer than 2 seconds. He only had 4 attempts beyond 10 yards.

Blake is the reason we're in so many 3rd and longs though, Either with a misplaced ball or because we have to run on first and 2nd into stacked lines.
Blake is 50% of the reason why our coaches are hamstrung. 
The other 50% is cuz they are [BLEEP].

That pass chart is dreadful.

Is there nothing our OC can do to account for the current issues our line is having? Historically, Bortles is more accurate rolling out of the pocket anyway. Why not draw up some play that allow him to do this?