Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Linder out this week

(11-12-2018, 05:16 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 05:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Trade Ramsey? You think we the Raiders?!

Ramsey is elite and you don’t just give away elite talent at an elite position when they’re in their prime.

I haven't once proposed we "give him away" without adequate compensation. Everything is for sale. Also, he was elite last year. This year he is above average at best.
Bahaha ok.

What’s adequate then?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-12-2018, 05:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 05:16 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I haven't once proposed we "give him away" without adequate compensation. Everything is for sale. Also, he was elite last year. This year he is above average at best.
Bahaha ok.

What’s adequate then?

Depends. If its a crappy team, a 1st and 3rd. If it's a good team with a later pick, a 1st and 2nd.

(11-12-2018, 05:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 05:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bahaha ok.

What’s adequate then?

Depends. If its a crappy team, a 1st and 3rd. If it's a good team with a later pick, a 1st and 2nd.
Yikes. So we can just use that 1st round pick to try and find an elite corner? Smart move.

Thank god you’re not the GM.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2018, 05:25 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-12-2018, 05:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 05:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Depends. If its a crappy team, a 1st and 3rd. If it's a good team with a later pick, a 1st and 2nd.
Yikes. So we can just use that 1st round pick to try and find an elite corner? Smart move.

No, we use those 2 1st rounders to find elite offensive players. The league has evolved. We haven't.

(11-12-2018, 04:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 03:45 PM)FBT Wrote: The good news is they're testing the severity of the injury.  That means it's not an ACL, so we should be able to get him back this year barring a need for surgery.
Just announced he’s out for the year.

So there goes that.

Yeah, that sucks.  Was holding out hope, but apparently it was serious enough to warrant shutting him down.

Oh well.  Hope Shatley stays healthy.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(11-12-2018, 05:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 05:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yikes. So we can just use that 1st round pick to try and find an elite corner? Smart move.

No, we use those 2 1st rounders to find elite offensive players. The league has evolved. We haven't.

Have you considered why teams value corners so much? hint: its because of how easy it is to be productive in the passing game now

(11-12-2018, 05:35 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 05:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: No, we use those 2 1st rounders to find elite offensive players. The league has evolved. We haven't.

Have you considered why teams value corners so much? hint: its because of how easy it is to be productive in the passing game now

The new league rules favor offense over defense. It would be one thing if Ramsey were locking guys down, but he is getting toasted. He isn't the same guy as last year. I don't know if its scheme, talent, or motivation, or a mixture of both, but he isn't the same guy.

Again, not proposing we just give him away.

(11-12-2018, 05:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 05:35 PM)JackCity Wrote: Have you considered why teams value corners so much? hint: its because of how easy it is to be productive in the passing game now

The new league rules favor offense over defense. It would be one thing if Ramsey were locking guys down, but he is getting toasted. He isn't the same guy as last year. I don't know if its scheme, talent, or motivation, or a mixture of both, but he isn't the same guy.

Again, not proposing we just give him away.
A 1st and 3rd is giving him away.

(11-12-2018, 04:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Time for full tank mode. Don't mess it up Marrone!

I agree -- once the playoffs are out of sight, you play to lose the game (while giving lip service about playing to win to avoid sanctions from the league).
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(11-12-2018, 05:46 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 04:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Time for full tank mode. Don't mess it up Marrone!

I agree -- once the playoffs are out of sight, you play to lose the game (while giving lip service about playing to win to avoid sanctions from the league).

So, essentially just game plan as normal and tell your coordinators not to change a thing.

I like the idea that we are going to some how play to tank. Honestly if they just keep doing what they have been doing we will lose out. We could make Jaguars history and go 0 fer in the division. We have never done that. Not even as an expansion team did we do that.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Trade Ramsey? Yeah spectacular idea.

I keep reading he is getting toasted this year. I don’t really see it. The colts got a couple of plays against him, but damn this has to be a joke right?

The pass rush production has dropped significantly this season compared to last year.

You don’t trade good to great players away. Especially if you are the jags.

(11-12-2018, 05:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 05:46 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I agree -- once the playoffs are out of sight, you play to lose the game (while giving lip service about playing to win to avoid sanctions from the league).

So, essentially just game plan as normal and tell your coordinators not to change a thing.

Pretty much - kinda sad that we don't really have to tank because we just suck so bad anyway.