Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fournette vs Colts defense

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2018, 06:35 PM by JagFanatic24.)

24 rushes
53 yards
2.2 per
1 TD
5 catches, 1 TD

I know it was his first game back, but I was expecting a lot more against that Colts defense.

Where’s that 190 yard RB that put the Steelers away just a season ago. I honestly expected Fournette to lead the league in rushing. 

But even Elliot is not having success like he did as a rookie. I guess until we get a QB and atleast 1 WR that can stretch the field, teams will just sell out to stop LF.

Also on another topic, we had a chance to beat TEN earlier in the season, and today we had a chance to put the Colts away. Who knows where we are if LF, Lee, and Cam don’t get hurt. Guys like Ramsey, Yan, and Campbell just aren’t having the production like last year. We really just need a Brady Brees Rodgers type QB. Tired of losing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Eagles game was one possession also.

The Linder injury really ended the little physical push the Jags had going on.
The 3-4 yard gains in the 1st half were becoming 1-2 yard losses in the 2nd half.

Our offensive line sucks, plain and simple. Fournette was hit at or behind the line of scrimmage so many times I stopped counting. Having him out there did make our offense better though so I’m glad he’s playing again.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Yeah I forgot about the Eagles game. We could easily have 3 extra wins, who knows. Injuries just killed us versus last year we played healthy all year. Maybe we’re one more draft away, but with a rookie QB it might cost us one more year after that.

*whispers* Fournette was in the process of sucking that Steelers game until the garbage time 90 yard TD too.

Yeah. I remain largely underwhelmed.

He runs really fast in a straight line. Which is cool I guess. When he's 100% he will sometimes scrape out a few extra yards after contact. (Haven't seen that in a while though)

He's got little ability to improvise out of a sealed running lane and very little lateral agility to make guys miss. This was my issue with him coming out of school and I've not yet been convinced it was a bad take despite hoping he'd prove me wrong.

I think he can still be really productive if they'd get back to that 2 back set and mix things up so he's not being keyed on by defenses so often. Unfortunately around half of his carries still seem telegraphed by formation. He's clearly not 100% and he's not being used as effectively as I believe he could be, and that's coming from a guy that thinks Hackett is doing a pretty good job given the card he's been dealt at QB.

Thus far - Fournette has reaffirmed me distrust in picking a RB early in the first.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2018, 08:58 PM by old_man.)

I know it totally screwed up my fantasy numbers........Gawd
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

He got me two TD's for my fantasy team and in the current state of the Jags season, I have to have something to be positive about. That's what I'm focusing on. He scored twice.

I can't put it on Fournette. He can't run when guys are consistently penetrating the back field. I loved Fournette's speed when he breaks lose. Lets not overlook the 2TD's either.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Our offense is much better when hes in the game

Its his first game back on a struggling team with bad Oline including a 3rd string LT, a 2nd sting center, yall need to RELAX... hes the only bringht spot we have on offense

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I think the bigger question is why we traded for Hyde

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2018, 09:42 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

He ran a little soft but then again, when the defense knows your QB is NOT going to throw a pass beyond 5 yards, they can play up on the line.

(11-13-2018, 09:05 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: I think the bigger question is why we traded for Hyde

Analytics

[Image: 141468053-biz-entertainment-drinks-56a0a...b25ee5.jpg]

They were able to keep Blake from producing turn overs so at least Fournette's return had that impact. There is no help for this season or probably next season. I'd like to believe they could make me eat my typed words but we have seen this way too much in the past 10 years.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Linder has lived a charmed life in Jacksonville and is only a ok, passable center who stays hurt or sick. Every time Shatley comes in for him I never see a downgrade. Fournette is right along with him being average, injury prone, and no vision. This offense is in shambles and needs an overhaul because you definitely can’t depend on these two to make it thru a year. The rest of the positions on that side of the ball are just as bad outside of Westbrook.

(11-13-2018, 09:52 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: They were able to keep Blake from producing turn overs so at least Fournette's return had that impact.  There is no help for this season or probably next season.  I'd like to believe they could make me eat my typed words but we have seen this way too much in the past 10 years.

I know....Bortles had so many turnovers the last 2 weeks.....

(11-13-2018, 10:07 AM)old_man Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 09:52 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: They were able to keep Blake from producing turn overs so at least Fournette's return had that impact.  There is no help for this season or probably next season.  I'd like to believe they could make me eat my typed words but we have seen this way too much in the past 10 years.

I know....Bortles had so many turnovers the last 2 weeks.....

Hey great point and we still have 2 L's chalked up as well.  So they don't game plan to keep him from turning it over?  No worries.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Sucks when the defense plays out of character....