Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Steelers@Jags score predictions

(11-13-2018, 04:06 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 02:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I hate losing. 
When Natrone Means' Jags started the 1996 season at 3 WINS AND 6 LOSSES - did you just want them to quit?  Do you think he did?  Do you think Coughlin did?  Hell no. 

Screw draft position....
I agree man. But everything I've seen these last 6-7 weeks doesn't show anything resembling of a team. We've lost that "team" mentality and with the big personalities on this team, I don't see it returning. And to me, that's the only way we could right this ship. I hate feeling this way and want to think positively, but after only seeing one good year every decade with this team, I just don't see it. I did think that if we came back in the Indi game this past weekend, I was thinking it could have been the tipping point for our turn around. But we blew it again. I don't see this team turning anything around this year....

I've seen plenty of stretches of them playing like a team and acting like a team. They just haven't done it during around 16 of the 36 quarters of football that they've played thus far.  

I don't have a lot of faith in them suddenly stringing together 4 quarters of quality this week necessarily, but it wouldn't shock me to see them get more consistent.  Still lots of talent on defense and the offense shows spurts of moving the ball well with the dink and dunk. 

Call me crazy - but I think they will win some more games - and I wouldn't be all that shocked if they win 4 or more.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-13-2018, 01:00 PM)wiki23 Wrote: 45-9 steelers

(11-12-2018, 09:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We're either gonna get blown out or we're gonna pull out a miraculous win. We always play well against the Steelers. I say we shock the world and come away with a 27-23 victory.

I sure hope we dont win meaningless games again we have no chance of doing anything in the playoffs if somehow we manage to get there. Lose out please jags

(11-13-2018, 11:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: You're better than this loser mentality stuff, Wolfman. The Jags will win some games.

Ive been a jags fan since the first day followed my man Natrone means from the chargers and have been a fan since. Why on earth would you want us to win any more games this year not trying to be an [BLEEP] just curious?

What a losing mentality.

There is no such thing as a "meaningless game" in the NFL.  This is professional football not a video game.

High draft picks do not = success.  Exhibit A - The Cleveland Browns.  Exhibit B - The Jacksonville Jaguars.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-13-2018, 02:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 01:00 PM)wiki23 Wrote: 45-9 steelers

I sure hope we dont win meaningless games again we have no chance of doing anything in the playoffs if somehow we manage to get there. Lose out please jags

Ive been a jags fan since the first day followed my man Natrone means from the chargers and have been a fan since. Why on earth would you want us to win any more games this year not trying to be an [BLEEP] just curious?

I hate losing.  I hate the losing mentality. I despise giving up.  I think forfeiting is completely lacking in character and integrity. It's reserved for the weak. 

I also know that the tanking myth is pure fantasy in this league. Far too many coaches, players, scouts and front office personnel have their jobs on the line according to a team's record.  You aren't going to get them to just lay down and lose with their jobs and careers at stake. 

When Natrone Means' Jags started the 1996 season at 3 WINS AND 6 LOSSES - did you just want them to quit?  Do you think he did?  Do you think Coughlin did?  Hell no. 

Screw draft position. There will be good players available when we are on the board - if not - then move up. 

Losing intentionally is for the weak.

Cannot agree more. It seems to be either SB or the #1 pick. I hate 'tanking', I hate the though a team of professional athletes getting paid millions of dollars can agree to just lose games. I think it sends all the wrong messages to the players, coaches, fans and the rest of the league. I've lost count of how many posts I've seen saying 'we shouldn't have taken Bortles or Fournette that high' but now we will pick a future HOF.

I get people are disappointed and somehow we've gone from 3-1 to 3-6. Everyone on this team has had a bad game at some point. No one's hands are clean and I don't think Shad is going to be giving guys season after season to get things right, guys have jobs on the line this last 7 games and while we may not make the playoffs, you still play for individual pride and the fans.

This game comes down to how many DB's we have healthy. Connor is in the concussion protocol so may not play but they have so many weapons in the air that if we keep up with the same mistakes and blown coverage them it's going to be a long Sunday.

But while we have been bad, this team has talent and we are going to put it together one week and give someone a proper beating.

Let's go Jags!

(11-13-2018, 04:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 04:06 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I agree man. But everything I've seen these last 6-7 weeks doesn't show anything resembling of a team. We've lost that "team" mentality and with the big personalities on this team, I don't see it returning. And to me, that's the only way we could right this ship. I hate feeling this way and want to think positively, but after only seeing one good year every decade with this team, I just don't see it. I did think that if we came back in the Indi game this past weekend, I was thinking it could have been the tipping point for our turn around. But we blew it again. I don't see this team turning anything around this year....

I've seen plenty of stretches of them playing like a team and acting like a team. They just haven't done it during around 16 of the 36 quarters of football that they've played thus far.  

I don't have a lot of faith in them suddenly stringing together 4 quarters of quality this week necessarily, but it wouldn't shock me to see them get more consistent.  Still lots of talent on defense and the offense shows spurts of moving the ball well with the dink and dunk. 

Call me crazy - but I think they will win some more games - and I wouldn't be all that shocked if they win 4 or more.

I respect your positivity man. I hope you're right. I honestly think if we pulled that comeback in indy after such a horrible first half, we would see our team turn around. It would have carried so much weight for them. But #becauseJaguars showed its ugly head again lol
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

One team will score more points than the other team...

Wouldn't be shocked if they hung 40+ on us though.

Steelers are probably thinking hard about last year. I expect something fierce from them. 51-6 Pittsburgh. I hope our defense gets it right, but I'm doubtful it occurs this season.

It's this week or nothing.

Lose to the Steelers and you're done.

Beat the Steelers and move to 4-6. Follow it up with a game against Josh Allen and the Bills. Then a home game against the Colts. Now you're 6-6 with 4 games to play. Anything is possible.

(11-14-2018, 09:23 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: It's this week or nothing.

Beat the Steelers and move to 4-6. Follow it up with a game against Josh Allen and the Bills. Then a home game against the Colts. Now you're 6-6 with 4 games to play. Anything is possible.

I wish it would go this way. 

It’s just the Steelers are firing on all cylinders right now. They just destroyed a good team in Carolina

(11-14-2018, 03:58 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Steelers are probably thinking hard about last year. I expect something fierce from them. 51-6 Pittsburgh. I hope our defense gets it right, but I'm doubtful it occurs this season.

Now that Bell's drama is elapsed, I fear most that the rest of the stillers are going to want to send him a big middle finger at our expense.

(11-14-2018, 09:34 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:

It’s just the Steelers are firing on all cylinders right now. They just destroyed a good team in Carolina
I don't disagree but Ben on the road is different. Beat the Ravens by 7,  Bengals by 7 (thanks to a TD with 10 seconds to play), beat the Bucs by 3 and tied the Browns.

It will certainly be a tough task and one that will most likely result in a loss but we gotta start somewhere.

Jags 17
Squeelers 16

we use to beat up on the steelers so bad they realigned the league to move us out. And stuck us with payton in the afc. Imagine how many titles we would have had if we where in the NFC South during those early years after realighnment we may even have made it to a SB or two. The NFL hates the Jags cant prove to me otherwise

(11-13-2018, 04:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 04:06 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I agree man. But everything I've seen these last 6-7 weeks doesn't show anything resembling of a team. We've lost that "team" mentality and with the big personalities on this team, I don't see it returning. And to me, that's the only way we could right this ship. I hate feeling this way and want to think positively, but after only seeing one good year every decade with this team, I just don't see it. I did think that if we came back in the Indi game this past weekend, I was thinking it could have been the tipping point for our turn around. But we blew it again. I don't see this team turning anything around this year....

Crazy!

BUF
MIA
IND
TEN/HOU (1 of these)

?

IDK... I'm leaning toward 2 wins.
BUF and 1 out of the remaining 3 divisional match ups

(11-14-2018, 04:37 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 04:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Call me crazy - but I think they will win some more games - and I wouldn't be all that shocked if they win 4 or more.

Crazy!

BUF
MIA
IND
TEN/HOU (1 of these)

?

IDK... I'm leaning toward 2 wins.
BUF and 1 out of the remaining 3 divisional match ups

I think 3 wins is a fairly reasonable expectation and 4 is a longshot. 

This defense can still pull their [BLEEP] together and hold a few teams to 20 points or less if they just buckle up and get out of their own way.  Hard to have much confidence in them doing so because of recent struggles, but the ability is still there on defense IMO.  Just gotta' eliminate some unforced errors. We've seen them go for good stretches without screwing up so much  - so I don't see why it's so impossible for them to return to that form.

[BLEEP] it.

Jaguars - 24
Squeelers - 17

Still optimistic. Just need the offense to play like it did last Sunday and the defense just needs to find a way to make ONE more play and I think we can sneak out of this one with a win.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

With the lack of disruption in the backfield, Roethlisberger will pick apart this defense. We just aren't getting to quarterbacks this year. And this Steelers team is motivated. They must be really embarrassed to have been beaten by this team last year.

I'm gonna say there a chance for a 50 burger.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2018, 10:51 PM by snowwolf776.)

(11-14-2018, 09:34 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:

accuttly that game vs panthers was in pitsburgh not Carolina. oh my score prediction for steelers ar Jags is rhis. 

the team with more points will win rather its 13-7 or 21-20. the higher score will win.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Line opened up at -3.5 points for the Steelers which I thought was shocking. America has responded and moved the line to -6 Steelers. The fact that it started at 3.5... has got me optimistic Jags going to be close in this one.

I tried to buy into this team playing better after the bye week but that hope has been extinguished. Especially with the loss of Linder for the year. We're going to get carved up again. The Steelers have come back from a slow start to being one of the best in the league right now. Conner, McDonald, AB, Big Ben, TJ Watt, hard to expect much. Steelers win 38-10.
No pain, no gain.

(11-15-2018, 05:25 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: I tried to buy into this team playing better after the bye week but that hope has been extinguished. Especially with the loss of Linder for the  year. We're going to get carved up again. The Steelers have come back from a slow start to being one of the best in the league right now. Conner, McDonald, AB, Big Ben, TJ Watt, hard to expect much. Steelers win 38-10.

The Jaguars beat the steelers last year with Shatley at center. Just saying...