Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dwayne Haskins (MERGED)

What happened to Lauletta being the future QB of the Giants?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-11-2019, 11:44 PM)Dimson Wrote: What happened to Lauletta being the future QB of the Giants?

Well, there was his 48% comp rate in the preseason and then his brief reg season stint when he went 0 for 5 with one INT.

(01-11-2019, 11:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 11:44 PM)Dimson Wrote: What happened to Lauletta being the future QB of the Giants?

Well, there was his 48% comp rate in the preseason and then his brief reg season stint when he went 0 for 5 with one INT.

Welp...

(01-12-2019, 03:04 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 11:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Well, there was his 48% comp rate in the preseason and then his brief reg season stint when he went 0 for 5 with one INT.

Welp...

Lauletta had pathetic arm strength. In addition to playimg in 1-AA when a defense knows there are throws you physically cannot hit they wont bother defending them and will bring the safeties down to sit on short throws to take away the windows and make his accuracy a non factor.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(01-11-2019, 10:55 AM)roycee Wrote: Here you go. The videos have all his passes from the respective games.

Thanks for posting these.  Decided to take a look at Haskins' game against Penn St as that was one of his weaker statistical games just to see what they were doing to him.  Still had good numbers.  22-39 270 3 TDs 1 INT although the pick wasn't his fault.  Bounced off the WRs hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW9jc_5n6Y4

Stats aside, I was a little surprised at how bad he looked in this game.  When he has time to throw he looks great.  And when they've got him in the shotgun getting the ball out quickly is when he is at his best.  First drive or two he had all day to throw.  But then Penn St started bringing pressure and Haskins couldnt do anything.  Meyer, good coach that he is, started beating that rush with a lot of screens to RBs and WRs.  That is where most of Haskins yards came from in this game it looks like.  Only had one big play when he faced some pressure and threw down field but it was more of a great play by the WR jumping up for a ball that was high and behind and then dodging a few defenders as he raced 40 yards for a TD.

Aside from the lack experience, that is the other unknown with him is how he does under a rush.  We saw that in the Rose Bowl too.  Washington couldnt get any pressure with their front four and their zone was getting picked apart.  But once they started bringing pressure and mixed up their coverage Haskins did basically nothing the last 25 minutes of that game.  But it's easy to argue Ohio St just took their foot off the gas as they had built such a big lead so it's hard to really know if that is a problem or not.

I'd still be happy taking him at 7, but I'm still not on the bandwagon that he is our savior.  I'll need to watch more of these videos.

I will happily take 270 3TDs and a win as a bad game every week.

(01-13-2019, 09:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I will happily take 270 3TDs and a win as a bad game every week.

no pirkster said he's bad so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l1167E8_LM

Really enjoyed listening to him breaking down his plays, explaining protections, his film study, thought process on some of the throws. Seems like a smart kid, if you have time it's a nice clip to watch and learn a bit more about him.

Very good to see. I'm definitely going to be thrilled if we get him somehow

(01-14-2019, 11:05 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l1167E8_LM

Really enjoyed listening to him breaking down his plays, explaining protections, his film study, thought process on some of the throws. Seems like a smart kid, if you have time it's a nice clip to watch and learn a bit more about him.

That was a great watch. The thing that drew me to Haskins was watching how easy he makes the game look. There's so much going on at any given moment, but he just seems to know where every player is on the field and precisely what's happening. I'm reminded of Byron Leftwich because he was good at that too. Byron's ability to see precisely what was going on deep downfield was extremely impressive as he'd consistently find the deepest guy getting open. If only Byron had quick-twitch muscles he might have really been great. 
'02

(01-14-2019, 11:05 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Really enjoyed listening to him breaking down his plays, explaining protections, his film study, thought process on some of the throws. Seems like a smart kid, if you have time it's a nice clip to watch and learn a bit more about him.

Thanks for posting that.

I've mentioned before that I saw Haskins and Grier as the two guys who I'd feel comfortable starting at some point in their rookie seasons. 

This certainly confirms that for me with Haskins. I caught an interview with him a while back that made it clear he was smart and was what they call a cerebral player behind center, but this vid is very affirmative.

This is the gem of the draft, IMO. I'm in favor of trading up to secure him.

(01-14-2019, 03:14 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: This is the gem of the draft, IMO.  I'm in favor of trading up to secure him.

same

(01-14-2019, 11:05 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l1167E8_LM

Ok, I'm sold. We are going to have to move up to get him though. Let's hope we have the balls to do it!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2019, 05:20 PM by homebiscuit.)

(01-14-2019, 12:08 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

That was a great watch. The thing that drew me to Haskins was watching how easy he makes the game look. There's so much going on at any given moment, but he just seems to know where every player is on the field and precisely what's happening. I'm reminded of Byron Leftwich because he was good at that too. Byron's ability to see precisely what was going on deep downfield was extremely impressive as he'd consistently find the deepest guy getting open. If only Byron had quick-twitch muscles he might have really been great. 

And he’s wearing a teal hoodie. Was there ever a more clear indication that he belongs here?

At the 3:58 mark, "At this point his eyes were on me, not the corner." He recognized that one little detail on a quick read of a WR who was in the process of being checked up by a corner, and makes the pass for a TD. Nice.

(01-31-2019, 12:03 PM)JNev Wrote: https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/30/2...e-haskins/
Ledyard really doesn't like Haskins lol

Going to be a long 3 months coming up.

(01-31-2019, 12:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-31-2019, 12:03 PM)JNev Wrote: https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/30/2...e-haskins/

It was like he went out of his way to add a negative for every positive.

Actually I was reading the other guy's breakdown. You aren't kidding about him not liking Haskins, lol. He really took shots at him all over that breakdown.

Whenever these things come out, I always remember how hard I laughed at the report on Bridgewater:

Quote:skinny knees

Oh.