Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dwayne Haskins (MERGED)

You guys are dreamers, he'll be picked#2 and the Jaguars seem to always win a game or 2 at the end to wind up at least #3 pick.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-24-2018, 10:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 09:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It's Ohio State boys... When has a good "NFL" QB ever come from Ohio State??
He just broke the Big Ten record for TDS and Passing yards in a season.

Ryan came from BC. Brees from Purdue. Went from SD.

QBs come from all over.

What do they have to do with anything Ohio State Uni... You listed 3 QBs that have nothing to do with Ohio State...

That's cool that some QBs come from everywhere... but OSU has had countless amount of years of great success, yet they continue to produce awful QBs... 

Those OSU teams are always loaded with talent and you compare them with talents that include BC and Purdue??? Really?? There's a huge talent difference between BC/Purdue and Ohio State Uni bud....

Then you add onto the fact that Curtis Painter... Yes, Curtis Painter held the passing record that was just broken... Does that really help your confidence dude? I really hope it doesn't lol.

J.T Barrett was also a top TD scorer for OSU, for multiple years at QB and where is he at today? I could go on and on and on.... 

At the end of the day, 2 players over 20 years doesn't help you're argument bro...

And I hope you didn't mean Wentz from ND, when you said "Went from SD" because I don't even want to get started on that............. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant Brees went to San Diego...

(11-24-2018, 11:39 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 10:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: He just broke the Big Ten record for TDS and Passing yards in a season.

Ryan came from BC. Brees from Purdue. Went from SD.

QBs come from all over.

What do they have to do with anything Ohio State Uni... You listed 3 QBs that have nothing to do with Ohio State...

That's cool that some QBs come from everywhere... but OSU has had countless amount of years of great success, yet they continue to produce awful QBs... 

Those OSU teams are always loaded with talent and you compare them with talents that include BC and Purdue??? Really?? There's a huge talent difference between BC/Purdue and Ohio State Uni bud....

Then you add onto the fact that Curtis Painter... Yes, Curtis Painter held the passing record that was just broken... Does that really help your confidence dude? I really hope it doesn't lol.

J.T Barrett was also a top TD scorer for OSU, for multiple years at QB and where is he at today? I could go on and on and on.... 

At the end of the day, 2 players over 20 years doesn't help you're argument bro...

And I hope you didn't mean Wentz from ND, when you said "Went from SD" because I don't even want to get started on that............. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant Brees went to San Diego...

Barrett was primarily a running QB. Haskins is an entirely different type of QB. He is a pure pocket passer. The first one OSU has had since Meyer took over. He is infinitely better than Barrett.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2018, 01:33 AM by Eric1.)

(11-25-2018, 01:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 11:39 PM)Eric1 Wrote: What do they have to do with anything Ohio State Uni... You listed 3 QBs that have nothing to do with Ohio State...

Barrett was primarily a running QB. Haskins is an entirely different type of QB. He is a pure pocket passer. The first one OSU has had since Meyer took over. He is infinitely better than Barrett.

Cool.. You listed one bad QB and continued to help my argument... Nobody ever considered Barrett as real QB prospect, yet that's your go to??? LOL... Next?

(11-25-2018, 01:31 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 01:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Barrett was primarily a running QB. Haskins is an entirely different type of QB. He is a pure pocket passer. The first one OSU has had since Meyer took over. He is infinitely better than Barrett.

Cool.. You listed one bad QB and continued to help my argument... Nobody ever considered Barrett as real QB prospect, yet that's your go to??? LOL... Next?

No you used Barrett as an example of a bad OSU QB. I said, Haskins literally has nothing in common with Barrett. It's like comparing apples and tomatoes. OSU hasn't had a QB as good as Haskins since Art Schlichter. And he could've been a very good NFL QB, if not for a terrible gambling addiction. Haskins is much more level headed and physically gifted.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2018, 02:20 AM by Eric1.)

(11-25-2018, 01:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 01:31 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Cool.. You listed one bad QB and continued to help my argument... Nobody ever considered Barrett as real QB prospect, yet that's your go to??? LOL... Next?

No you used Barrett as an example of a bad OSU QB. I said, Haskins literally has nothing in common with Barrett. It's like comparing apples and tomatoes. OSU hasn't had a QB as good as Haskins since Art Schlichter. And he could've been a very good NFL QB, if not for a terrible gambling addiction. Haskins is much more level headed and physically gifted.

Wrong... I used history as a whole for my argument.. Maybe you should look it up young one.. I'll give you a heads up.. it's not good.

Cleatwood used Drew Brees and Matt Ryan as examples of good big 10 QB play for his argument about Ohio State... Lol....

Honestly... You're giving out name drops of people that were drafted before I was even born... You're really comparing today's QBs with people who were drafting in 1982 as your comparison???

edit: and no... if you had any reading comprehension, you'd realize that I said that J.T. Barrett was the top TD leader for OSU in the Big 10... Which he was for two straight years kid and that's not much of a positive when it comes to the NFL btw. Which is why he's no where to be seen in the NFL.

It's ok though, I understand facts/reading comprehension is hard for you

(11-25-2018, 02:00 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 01:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No you used Barrett as an example of a bad OSU QB. I said, Haskins literally has nothing in common with Barrett. It's like comparing apples and tomatoes. OSU hasn't had a QB as good as Haskins since Art Schlichter. And he could've been a very good NFL QB, if not for a terrible gambling addiction. Haskins is much more level headed and physically gifted.

Wrong... I used history as a whole for my argument.. Maybe you should look it up young one.. I'll give you a heads up.. it's not good.

Cleatwood used Drew Brees and Matt Ryan as examples of good big 10 QB play for his argument about Ohio State... Lol....

Honestly... You're giving out name drops of people that were drafted before I was even born... You're really comparing today's QBs with people who were drafting in 1982 as your comparison???

edit: and no... if you had any reading comprehension, you'd realize that I said that J.T. Barrett was the top TD leader for OSU in the Big 10... Which he was for two straight years kid and that's not much of a positive when it comes to the NFL btw. Which is why he's no where to be seen in the NFL.

So let me get this straight, because a school has never produced a premier nfl QB we should dismiss all potential ones in the future?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(11-24-2018, 09:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It's Ohio State boys... When has a good "NFL" QB ever come from Ohio State??

By that logic, we had better avoid Justin Herbert, Drew Lock, Daniel Jones, Will Grier and Tua Tagovailoa.

What school should we draft a QB from then?

(11-25-2018, 01:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No you used Barrett as an example of a bad OSU QB. I said, Haskins literally has nothing in common with Barrett. It's like comparing apples and tomatoes. OSU hasn't had a QB as good as Haskins since Art Schlichter. And he could've been a very good NFL QB, if not for a terrible gambling addiction. Haskins is much more level headed and physically gifted.

You are so off base it’s not even funny. Have you even watched Haskins play or are you just talking about something you know nothing about? Haskins plays nothing like any other OSU QB and I’m a MD fan.

I used those QBs to show that good QBs can come from schools that don’t normally produce elite QB talent. You’re just stuck on this Ohio State schtick for some odd reason.

Guess Tua will suck in the NFL too.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2018, 10:15 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

That tells me everything I need to know.

[Image: 201d4h.jpg]

The "when has this school ever produced a good (fill in the blank)" came up earlier than expected this year. But if you had told me to pick 3 guys from this board to try to make that point first, I would have been right with that guess.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2018, 06:17 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-24-2018, 03:43 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: The Jags scouts have been to 5 Ohio State games this year. With New York all over Herbert, Haskins might be our guy.

Hopefully  the scouts and the guys in the front office will be fired so it wont matter who they went and scouted.

(11-25-2018, 01:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 03:43 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: The Jags scouts have been to 5 Ohio State games this year. With New York all over Herbert, Haskins might be our guy.

Hopefully  the scouts and the guys in the front office will be fired so it matter who they went and scouted.

LMAO, BUWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

#NoWins4Haskins

(11-25-2018, 07:27 PM)Upper Wrote: #NoWins4Haskins

Tank4teddy

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2018, 03:58 AM by JackCity.)

Remember that thread about Adrian Amos where people said he'd suck because when have Penn State ever had good DBs in the NFL?

Evaluate the player on his own terms and then apply the context.

Haskins is a top tier QB prospect independent of Urbans QB history. Tebow and JT Barrett being terrible Qb prospects has no bearing on Haskins traits or game other than that they shared a head coach.

You could say that Urbans scheme is very good at getting production out of QBs, regardless of how good they are. That is true. But also there is a sizable difference in the traits someone like JT Barrett shows in getting that production Vs someone like Haskins

With all these people talking like that know somethin'.... I haven't heard the first person speak up on where QBU is...

I mean... statistically speaking USC has had the most QBs drafted since 2002. How many of them have won Superbowls or been MVP?
LSU has had almost as many QBs and they've been wildly less successful.
A bunch of schools have had 4 QBs drafted... yet I'll bet you all can't name more than a couple.

The school these guys go to matters little to none.

(11-26-2018, 04:04 PM)Kane Wrote: With all these people talking like that know somethin'.... I haven't heard the first person speak up on where QBU is...

I mean... statistically speaking USC has had the most QBs drafted since 2002. How many of them have won Superbowls or been MVP?
A bunch of schools have had 4 QBs drafted... yet I'll bet you all can't name more than a couple.

Out of all 32 starting QBs currently starting, did you now that the only schools to have more than 1 starter is USC (Darnold and Kessler) and NC State (Wilson and Rivers)? Darnold isn't even starting....

Colleges mean absolutely nothing when it comes to predicting NFL success.

(11-26-2018, 04:46 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 04:04 PM)Kane Wrote: With all these people talking like that know somethin'.... I haven't heard the first person speak up on where QBU is...

Out of all 32 starting QBs currently starting, did you now that the only schools to have more than 1 starter is USC (Darnold and Kessler) and NC State (Wilson and Rivers)? Darnold isn't even starting....

Colleges mean absolutely nothing when it comes to predicting NFL success.

Also, how many college head coaches have sent more than 1 good QB to the NFL? Very very few