Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marquise Lee update

(03-26-2019, 08:54 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 08:33 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I like how Lee will be ready late in the Preseason as opposed to the start of the Preseason. That keeps him out of the first few Preseaosn games allowing him a chance to actually be active for a few weeks of the regular season before going on IR the rest of the year. Maybe he'll even last the entire month of September. 

This is still a thing?
It's a non sequitur assessment when you consider Lee played 27 full games with 30 starts over the two years leading up to a rookie DB in preseason throwing his shoulder square into Lee's knee in full stride. 
He was showing pretty good resiliency for two years prior to a freak injury.
He all but completely shed the old albino tiger monniker IMO, and that weird hit by Kazae was in no way Lee's fault, nor should it contribute to some fragility narrative.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-26-2019, 08:54 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 08:33 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I like how Lee will be ready late in the Preseason as opposed to the start of the Preseason. That keeps him out of the first few Preseaosn games allowing him a chance to actually be active for a few weeks of the regular season before going on IR the rest of the year. Maybe he'll even last the entire month of September. 

This is still a thing?

When was this ever not a thing with him?  Lee has a $9 mil cap hit this season, and for that I anticipate a few more rare sightings like we're accustomed to with him.
'02

(03-26-2019, 09:16 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 08:54 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: This is still a thing?

When was this ever not a thing with him?  ...

Hopefully he’s receiving treatment for his severe case of butter fingers along with the ACL stuff...
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019, 11:53 AM by Mikey.)

(03-26-2019, 02:48 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I expect to see a much improved Lee with an accurate QB throwing him the ball.

I expect Lee to have a nagging soft tissue injury once he returns.

I've been burned by having any other expectation in the past.

Solidarity, brother.

I think Lee can be a big part of the offense this year. I expected as much last year until the cheap shot by Kazee. I seem to remember another game later in the year where Kazee ended someone else’s season but I don’t recall the details at the moment. I just remember saying to myself at the time that’s the same guy that took out Lee. I don’t go out of my way to watch Falcons games, so I’m thinking it must’ve been a Monday night game or something.

Also, I seem to remember Lee getting his dropsies under control later in the season and into the playoffs in 2017. I know he dropped some big ones earlier in that season. Kinda disingenuous to pile on him with that when, IIRC, he largely got past it the last time we saw him play.

I agree Lee became a solid move the chains receiver later in 17.

(03-26-2019, 09:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 08:54 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: This is still a thing?
It's a non sequitur assessment when you consider Lee played 27 full games with 30 starts over the two years leading up to a rookie DB in preseason throwing his shoulder square into Lee's knee in full stride. 
He all but completely shed the old albino tiger monniker IMO, and that weird hit by Kazae was in no way Lee's fault, nor should it contribute to some fragility narrative.

This is the mindset that ended up getting Fred Taylor labeled as fragile. 

Lee had issues with a lingering hamstring injury, and then this catastrophic knee injury thanks to a cheap shot, and suddenly he's just an injury waiting to happen.

My expectations for Lee this year aren't sky high since he's coming back from a serious injury.  His ability to cut and get up to speed are both areas that could be impacted this season.  Hopefully he does return to form, but I think the team is going to make sure they have a backup plan just in case.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(03-27-2019, 01:41 PM)FBT Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 09:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It's a non sequitur assessment when you consider Lee played 27 full games with 30 starts over the two years leading up to a rookie DB in preseason throwing his shoulder square into Lee's knee in full stride. 

This is the mindset that ended up getting Fred Taylor labeled as fragile. 

Lee had issues with a lingering hamstring injury, and then this catastrophic knee injury thanks to a cheap shot, and suddenly he's just an injury waiting to happen.

My expectations for Lee this year aren't sky high since he's coming back from a serious injury.  His ability to cut and get up to speed are both areas that could be impacted this season.  Hopefully he does return to form, but I think the team is going to make sure they have a backup plan just in case.

He had a string of injuries his final year at USC as well, so it's not like it's one injury and he's labeled.

I hope he does return, and has a successful career. I'm just not going to expect anything.

(03-27-2019, 03:41 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 01:41 PM)FBT Wrote: This is the mindset that ended up getting Fred Taylor labeled as fragile. 

He had a string of injuries his final year at USC as well, so it's not like it's one injury and he's labeled.

I hope he does return, and has a successful career. I'm just not going to expect anything.

That final year in college he played in 11 games. Also consider until the knee injury/cheap shot, he and ARob and missed roughly the same number of games due to injury (Lee played in 2 less but that's not statistically significant).
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-28-2018, 05:36 PM)Mikey Wrote: When I read the thread title, I half expected to read about someone running into him at Publix, and that he was 91% recovered.

One for Publix.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Wasn't Lee healthy throughout the 2017 season? Albeit his first healthy season but I feel that if it wasn't for that helmet to the knee, Lee would've been in play as our top receiver. I could be wrong, BUT.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-27-2019, 04:41 PM)NH3 Wrote:

Wasn't Lee healthy throughout the 2017 season? Albeit his first healthy season but I feel that if it wasn't for that helmet to the knee, Lee would've been in play as our top receiver. I could be wrong, BUT.

NH3...

He started 30 games in 2016/2017. The fragile label is an out of touch take at this point.

(03-26-2019, 09:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 09:16 PM)Jags02 Wrote: When was this ever not a thing with him?  ...

This. People for whatever reason only seem to recall him being hurt back in 2014 and 2015. because he didn't "start" in 2016 people forget that he played all 16 games. And in 2017 despite starting 14 games, all people remember are the 2 games missed due to injury.

His ACL tear was SOOOOOO not his fault. A rookie DB not wanting to get flagged for the asinine new helmet to helmet penalties went low (unneccessarily and in a preseason game) and it cost Lee the entire season. Jalen even tweeted something out about how Lee's injury was on the rulemakers.

Lee's health is far from my concern, aside from fans with alzheimer's he's shed the albino tiger label. If he can eliminate the drops he'll be an excellent receiver for us this year. we REALLY missed him on 3rd downs last year, he'll crack 1,000 with Foles at the helm if he's full go for week 1.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

So much hate for Lee. It's crazy.

(03-27-2019, 05:42 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 09:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: 2016

This. People for whatever reason only seem to recall him being hurt back in 2014 and 2015. because he didn't "start" in 2016 people forget that he played all 16 games. And in 2017 despite starting 14 games, all people remember are the 2 games missed due to injury.

His ACL tear was SOOOOOO not his fault. A rookie DB not wanting to get flagged for the asinine new helmet to helmet penalties went low (unneccessarily and in a preseason game) and it cost Lee the entire season. Jalen even tweeted something out about how Lee's injury was on the rulemakers.

Lee's health is far from my concern, aside from fans with alzheimer's he's shed the albino tiger label. If he can eliminate the drops he'll be an excellent receiver for us this year. we REALLY missed him on 3rd downs last year, he'll crack 1,000 with Foles at the helm if he's full go for week 1.

I definitely agree that Lee has been much better than what some fans has given him credit for. His health, in my eyes isn't an issue just like LF27's health isn't an issue at this point. Let's adopt the wait and see protocol.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2019, 09:26 AM by JagsFansince1995.)

(03-28-2019, 07:14 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 05:42 PM)Firesky Wrote: This. People for whatever reason only seem to recall him being hurt back in 2014 and 2015. because he didn't "start" in 2016 people forget that he played all 16 games. And in 2017 despite starting 14 games, all people remember are the 2 games missed due to injury.

I definitely agree that Lee has been much better than what some fans has given him credit for. His health, in my eyes isn't an issue just like LF27's health isn't an issue at this point. Let's adopt the wait and see protocol.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

I dont feel he is still the Albino Tiger, so to speak, but he does need to show more.  The crossers were a thing because our receivers couldnt get consistent separation deep down the field.  If he can start at least 14 games and get open downfield, i'll be happy.  I'm open at this point though with everyone saying we're revamping the playbook FINALLY.  New OC and hopefully our first full season with a truly balanced attack....WRs should thrive now and get in sync with the QB instead of the CBs doing run blocks.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2019, 09:44 PM by Upper.)

I think y'all are both underestimating just how bad Lee's knee injury was, and also overestimating how much of an impact he has/will have even if he does get to 100%. Lee is pretty much the textbook definition of just a guy.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2019, 09:15 AM by jagshype.)

(03-28-2019, 09:44 PM)Upper Wrote: I think y'all are both underestimating just how bad Lee's knee injury was, and also overestimating how much of an impact he has/will have even if he does get to 100%. Lee is pretty much the textbook definition of just a guy.

What overestimation do you speak of? No ones saying hes an all star pro bowler top 10 blah blah blah
I mean he put up 700 and 850 on some poor pass offenses.
Pretty reasonable to expect an uptick IF healthy to 1000 yards.

I think he gets that just from sheer volume /targets with only Dede being the other decent target for now. Just needs to stay healthy and be a consistent target for Foles. Doesnt have to be anything special.

Let me preface this by making it clear this was two months ago. Saw Lee in a local business getting a cryotherapy treatment. Full knee immobilizer, but walking on his own, albiet with a limp. His knee was still quite swollen.
While physical rehab is tortuous, it's the mental aspect of an ACL that is the most challenging. Everyone who's torn an ACL has a fear of a set-back during rehab. To have 100% confidence in that knee takes the longest time to recover.
I hope plays this year, I really do. I think it's going to be awhile until he's back to where he was.....