Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
College QBs 2018 Season/2019 Draft

(12-26-2018, 09:15 AM)roycee Wrote: My sleeper Brett Rypien plays Boston College in the Cotton Bowl today.

Nice. Should be able to watch most of that. 4pm EST?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2018, 10:16 AM by roycee.)

(12-26-2018, 09:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-26-2018, 09:15 AM)roycee Wrote: My sleeper Brett Rypien plays Boston College in the Cotton Bowl today.

Nice. Should be able to watch most of that. 4pm EST?

I mistyped. Its the first responder bowl, it's on at 1:30 EST. But its played in Cotton Bowl Stadium

Does anyone have a list for the QBs on what games are good to watch. Realistically i would like to watch them against good defenses/pass rush or secondary to see how they play.

I dont follow college at all so im kinda at a loss.

I watched haskins vs penn, michigan, and NW.

I'll watch anyone we think is a viable draft selection in the top three rounds
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(11-29-2018, 04:23 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(11-28-2018, 07:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Grier and Minshew

I’d be ok with this. Minshew may be available in the later rounds. Why not double up?

I don't see the harm in taking a late round guy as insurance. Minshew is probably available, although a few other guys might still be there late including Tyree Jackson, Shea Peterson, Brett Rypien, Easton Stick and Kyler Murray.

As our franchise guy, I'm looking at Haskins and Lock. Should we miss out on them, I tend to see us either moving up to one of the last picks in round one or staying put in round two and drafting a guy like Will Grier or Ryan Finley.  If we miss out there I'm starting to think round three with a guy like Daniel Jones,  Jarrett Stidham or Clayton Thorson.
'02

(12-18-2018, 01:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Right now I think I would go

1. Grier
2. Lock
3.a Haskins
3b. Herbert
5. Finley

(12-24-2018, 10:29 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Every now and then I watch another cut-up from these top four or five QBs. I've been doing that for a few weeks now.  My gut instincts have them ranked thusly:

1A - Grier
1B - Haskins
2A - Lock
2B - Herbert

Then there's a log jam of guys like Jones, Finley, Jackson, Thorson etc. 

I'd feel really good about Haskins or Grier being able to get starts at some point in their rookie year and not be overwhelmed. 
I'd not be very disappointed in a Lock or Herbert pick at all, but I feel there are more question marks about their readiness to contribute without the benefit of a tailored and perhaps dumbed down playbook. Might not be the case, but it's hard to gather info on their football IQ from the cut-ups. Whereas there is a bit more decision making on display from Haskins and Grier. 

(obviously - the alpha-numeric indicates how closely I see them ranked)

Combine and pro-days are likely to shake things up a bit for me, but this is where my gut is on these guys ATM.

Currently, with Herbert out of the picture, I'm thinking...

1. Haskins
  2. Lock
  3. Grier
  4. Finley

'02

(12-28-2018, 09:45 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(11-29-2018, 04:23 PM)knarnn Wrote: I’d be ok with this. Minshew may be available in the later rounds. Why not double up?

I don't see the harm in taking a late round guy as insurance. Minshew is probably available, although a few other guys might still be there late including Tyree Jackson, Shea Peterson, Brett Rypien, Easton Stick and Kyler Murray.

As our franchise guy, I'm looking at Haskins and Lock. Should we miss out on them, I tend to see us either moving up to one of the last picks in round one or staying put in round two and drafting a guy like Will Grier or Ryan Finley.  If we miss out there I'm starting to think round three with a guy like Daniel Jones,  Jarrett Stidham or Clayton Thorson.

Crossed out a few names for you.

Tyree Jackson is looking to be a grad transfer.
Shea Patterson is staying put.
Kyler Murray is playing baseball.

Thoughts on some of the other guys you mentioned:

Ryan Finley could work his way solidly into the first round I believe with good performances at Gator Bowl and Senior Bowl week.

Daniel Jones will definitely be gone in the first 2 rounds.

Clayton Thorson turns the ball over a lot. He's a guy I wouldn't be surprised if he's drafted 5th round or later and is a career backup or ends up in Canada. 

Jarrett Stidham definitely has the physical tools. But had a down year this year, he definitely has flashes of great QB play though.

(12-28-2018, 10:26 AM)roycee Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 09:45 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I don't see the harm in taking a late round guy as insurance. Minshew is probably available, although a few other guys might still be there late including Tyree Jackson, Shea Peterson, Brett Rypien, Easton Stick and Kyler Murray.

Crossed out a few names for you.

Ryan Finley could work his way solidly into the first round I believe with good performances at Gator Bowl and Senior Bowl week.

Clayton Thorson turns the ball over a lot. He's a guy I wouldn't be surprised if he's drafted 5th round or later and is a career backup or ends up in Canada. 

Jarrett Stidham definitely has the physical tools. But had a down year this year, he definitely has flashes of great QB play though.

You're the first one I've seen to really pan Thorson. I've seen one guy talk about him as a possible first-round pick, and most rankings put him just ahead of Stidham.

With Grier, Finley, Jones, Stidham, and at least I was thining Thorson, I can almost see a rush on these guys at the end of round one to get that 5th-year option on them. Not all of them, but maybe more than one and probably for sure Grier. The Jaguars might easily be on those teams, but I'd rather see them use their first pick to get a guy they really want like Haskins or Lock.

BTW, I keep wondering what it would be like during a game if the Jaguars were starting Drew Lock and the Colts were starting Andrew Luck. Lock is often said to be a gunslinger, so I can picture shoot-outs happening.
'02

(12-28-2018, 01:24 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 10:26 AM)roycee Wrote: Crossed out a few names for you.

You're the first one I've seen to really pan Thorson. I've seen one guy talk about him as a possible first-round pick, and most rankings put him just ahead of Stidham.

With Grier, Finley, Jones, Stidham, and at least I was thining Thorson, I can almost see a rush on these guys at the end of round one to get that 5th-year option on them. Not all of them, but maybe more than one and probably for sure Grier. The Jaguars might easily be on those teams, but I'd rather see them use their first pick to get a guy they really want like Haskins or Lock.

BTW, I keep wondering what it would be like during a game if the Jaguars were starting Drew Lock and the Colts were starting Andrew Luck. Lock is often said to be a gunslinger, so I can picture shoot-outs happening.

Thorson and Stidham are much closer to being UDFAs than they are first round picks

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2018, 02:00 PM by roycee.)

(12-28-2018, 01:24 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 10:26 AM)roycee Wrote: Crossed out a few names for you.

Thorson as a potential first rounder? That's a huge reach to me. His last 2 years he had 30 TDs and 26 INTs. Toss in his 4 lost fumbles as well and he has as many turnovers as TDs.

Even Stidham anytime before the 3rd I think would be a reach, but I wouldn't doubt if a team grabs him before then because of those flashes and the physical tools he possesses.

(12-28-2018, 01:52 PM)roycee Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 01:24 PM)Jags02 Wrote: You're the first one I've seen to really pan Thorson. I've seen one guy talk about him as a possible first-round pick, and most rankings put him just ahead of Stidham.

Thorson as a potential first rounder? That's a huge reach to me. 

Even Stidham anytime before the 3rd I think would be a reach, but I wouldn't doubt if a team grabs him before then because of those flashes and the physical tools he possesses.

I figure most of these guys end up in round three, and maybe a guy like Thorson slips to round four, but you never know if some team falls in love with one them and reaches to get that 5th-year option. The Raiders and Broncos, for example, often reach hard for guys they like. I can totally see the Broncos taking Stidham at the tail end of round one. 
'02

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2018, 03:30 PM by roycee.)

Stidham has 2 early TDs against Purdue. But the difference in team speed is very apparent. Auburn is just out running them on offense and hitting hard on defense. This game could get even uglier for the Boilermakers if they don't figure it out quick.

Stidham, 71%. 373 yards, 5 tds. He good to.

(12-28-2018, 05:34 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Stidham, 71%. 373 yards, 5 tds. He good to.

*too
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2018, 06:46 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-28-2018, 01:29 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 01:24 PM)Jags02 Wrote: You're the first one I've seen to really pan Thorson. I've seen one guy talk about him as a possible first-round pick, and most rankings put him just ahead of Stidham.

Thorson and Stidham are much closer to being UDFAs than they are first round picks

Agreed. Thorson is a "turnover machine" whose TD/INT ratio is terrible over the last two years 30 TDs/26 INT's and he's never broken 60% completions. I wouldn't touch him. Stidham can't consistently move the ball downfield. He is the king of checking down on 3rd down and throwing the ball 3 yards short of the marker. We don't need that. I can't see him getting drafted before round 4 at the earliest.

(12-28-2018, 05:34 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Stidham, 71%. 373 yards, 5 tds. He good to.

One game against a mediocre team. He certainly didn't play that way during the season. Don't buy the hype.

(12-26-2018, 10:08 AM)roycee Wrote:
(12-26-2018, 09:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Nice. Should be able to watch most of that. 4pm EST?

I mistyped. Its the first responder bowl, it's on at 1:30 EST. But its played in Cotton Bowl Stadium

Shame that game was canceled.  And they usually have no rescheduling contingency for most bowl games.

Time to update my top-10 QB ranking...

1. Dwayne Haskins
2. Daniel Jones
3. Will Grier
4. Drew Lock
5. Kyle Murray
6. Ryan Finley
7. Jarrett Stidhim
8. Clayton Thorson
9. Brett Rypien
10. Gardner Minshew
'02

(01-14-2019, 12:35 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Time to update my top-10 QB ranking...

1. Dwayne Haskins
2. Daniel Jones
3. Will Grier
4. Drew Lock
5. Kyle Murray
6. Ryan Finley
7. Jarrett Stidhim
8. Clayton Thorson
9. Brett Rypien
10. Gardner Minshew

No complaints on that list. Just for funsies, where would you put Tanner Lee in that list, were he in this year's draft?

(01-14-2019, 12:35 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Time to update my top-10 QB ranking...

1. Dwayne Haskins
2. Daniel Jones
3. Will Grier
4. Drew Lock
5. Kyle Murray
6. Ryan Finley
7. Jarrett Stidhim
8. Clayton Thorson
9. Brett Rypien
10. Gardner Minshew

I woildnt even pup Thorson top 10

All of the QBs are a lot more appealing with De Filippo

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2019, 12:48 PM by Cleatwood.)

After seeing some of the senior bowl thoughts, My top 10 currently:

1. Haskins

2. Grier
3. Lock

4. Murray

Honestly don't want anyone else lol