Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Former President George H.W. Bush dies at age 94

(12-05-2018, 07:01 PM)FBT Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 03:59 PM)rollerjag Wrote: As soon as Bush signed a budget that included a tax increase, Newt Gingrich ran back to Capitol Hill and stirred up the conservative wing of the Republican party, giving birth to the political tribalism we have today. As a result, we got Clinton, who continued Bush's economic policies, balanced the budget and ushered in a period of prosperity.

Thanks to Newt Gingrich and the republican congress that took over in 1994. 

To his credit, Clinton recongized the benefit of working with the other side.  He also recognized that he could take credit for the success, which is fine.  But, for those who think Trump has debased the office of the presidency, the Clinton presidency would make that almost look like child's play, whether you're talking about renting out the Lincoln bedroom for big cash donations, or selling out our missile technology to China, or hosting coffees with Clinton where big money donors could hang with the president.  

We won't even get started on the whole Lewinsky thing.

The fact that GHWB could look beyond that and befriend Clinton amazes me to this day, but the Clinton and Bush families are extremely tight.  I guess maybe BLT can provide us with a conspiracy to explain that.

GHWB was a remarkable man, in many ways.

I'm no fan of the Clintons. My point regarding Bush losing the election supposedly because he broke his promise to not raise taxes, was the irony of ending up with Clinton, who essentially proceeded with Bush's economic plan. 

As egregious as trading a night in the Lincoln Bedroom in exchange for campaign contributions may be, if you don't think big donors to any presidential campaign are favored with some sort of access to the President or White House, you're kidding yourself.

Trump's debasement is on a different level. I'd rather not steer us further off-topic by going there.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No elaborate conspiracy needed. Poppy liked to eat a nutritional breakfast and the Clintons helped him stock the larder.

(12-05-2018, 12:49 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 09:33 PM)copycat Wrote: As for Clinton balancing the budget, horse feathers!  With all do respect one of the biggest lies the dems tell themselves is that Clinton balanced the budget.  Projections do not equal a balanced budget.  Dot.com bubbles burst and real estate corrections occur.   As long as base line budgeting is in effect there will never be a balanced budget.  When there is a zero increase in a departments budget and it is considered a cut we have an issue with honesty and integrity.  Furthermore when the media perpetuates that lie as they have done adnauseam years prior to Trump's election, then our society is doomed.
Except that Clinton did balance the budget. The dot-com bubble burst towards the end and screwed W over, but there's no denying that for all of Clinton's other shortcomings (like, you know, the whole "being a sexual predator" thing), he did balance out an economy that was in the pooper when he stepped in.

(12-05-2018, 09:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Of course, but that's because the publishing companies and school boards, controlled by the left, won't show people like LBJ and Tip O'Neal in the truly partisan fashion in which they operated. History, as it's "taught" in public schools, is only unkind to the Right.
LBJ was a colossal self-serving douche to the point that if someone showed me a shred of credible evidence, I'd believe that he had played a part in arranging Kennedy's assassination to assure himself a seat in the White House. He escalated the Vietnam War basically because he was pissed off, and while he was outwardly supportive of the civil rights movement, behind the scenes he was 100% against it and wanted to see it crumble. History looking favorably upon him at all is the only evidence you need to see which side was writing the history textbooks back in the '70s and '80s.

My grandpa always told me when I was a kid that he believed it was Ladybird Johnson who was in on arranging the assassination. Apparently, she had said "my husband will be second to no man." He also believe LBJ knew about the plot, but he always maintained it was the brainchild of Ladybird. All of my family, Republicans and Democrats hated LBJ.

Richard Cheney looked like he wanted to take President Trump pheasant hunting right after the ceremony.

It will eventually come out that GHW Bush was "McCained" on November 14th.

(12-05-2018, 09:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 12:49 PM)TJBender Wrote: Except that Clinton did balance the budget. The dot-com bubble burst towards the end and screwed W over, but there's no denying that for all of Clinton's other shortcomings (like, you know, the whole "being a sexual predator" thing), he did balance out an economy that was in the pooper when he stepped in.

LBJ was a colossal self-serving douche to the point that if someone showed me a shred of credible evidence, I'd believe that he had played a part in arranging Kennedy's assassination to assure himself a seat in the White House. He escalated the Vietnam War basically because he was pissed off, and while he was outwardly supportive of the civil rights movement, behind the scenes he was 100% against it and wanted to see it crumble. History looking favorably upon him at all is the only evidence you need to see which side was writing the history textbooks back in the '70s and '80s.

My grandpa always told me when I was a kid that he believed it was Ladybird Johnson who was in on arranging the assassination. Apparently, she had said "my husband will be second to no man." He also believe LBJ knew about the plot, but he always maintained it was the brainchild of Ladybird. All of my family, Republicans and Democrats hated 

I’ve said this before, but my family lived in a small town in Texas for several years when I was young and my parents became really close to a couple that were in their 80’s. He had been on the board of GTE and several other companies back in the day. He was really good friends with Johnson. My dad asked him one time if he thought he had anything to do with it and he told my dad that LBJ was one of the most honorable men he knew, but Ladybird? He said there wasn’t a doubt in his mind that she had something to do with it!  He told my dad that she could be down right scary with her determination!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(12-05-2018, 10:26 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Richard Cheney looked like he wanted to take President Trump pheasant hunting right after the ceremony.

Hang on, which McCain conspiracy are you on about here? The one where he was never really taken prisoner, the one where he died in Hanoi and was replaced with a plant, or the one where he blew up the Forrestal by shooting his afterburner into a Zuni pod?

(12-05-2018, 03:42 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 09:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Of course, but that's because the publishing companies and school boards, controlled by the left, won't show people like LBJ and Tip O'Neal in the truly partisan fashion in which they operated. History, as it's "taught" in public schools, is only unkind to the Right.

Do you have a link to anything supporting this claim, like to a textbook or curriculum guide used in, say, Duval County?

Here's just one recent story. There are dozens on that Google thing.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/anti-trump-am...ritics-say
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-06-2018, 12:22 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 10:26 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Richard Cheney looked like he wanted to take President Trump pheasant hunting right after the ceremony.

Hang on, which McCain conspiracy are you on about here? The one where he was never really taken prisoner, the one where he died in Hanoi and was replaced with a plant, or the one where he blew up the Forrestal by shooting his afterburner into a Zuni pod?

It has to do with the recent remodel at Guantanamo Bay.

Did you catch it?
The invitations were sent yesterday.
Jeb Bush looked ill.
Hillary Clinton knew it was coming.
Jimmy Carter seemed disappointed he did not get one.

lol ... Grandpa and "old friends" are now telling us that Lady Bird killed JFK! We finally get an answer.

25,000 journalists working 50 years, trying for that Pulitzer Prize , and the answer is right here on a pro football message board. That's why I come on here.

But it first has to be verified by Byron. And he has to check with Alex. And Alex has to check with the Space Aliens. Could be a while.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

For this one I bypassed the usual space aliens and went straight to Miles Mathis for the definitive answer.

CAUTION: pdf

The Hidden Kings: Camelot ruled from the cave of Merlin

http://mileswmathis.com/barindex2.pdf

(12-06-2018, 08:51 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 03:42 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Do you have a link to anything supporting this claim, like to a textbook or curriculum guide used in, say, Duval County?

Here's just one recent story. There are dozens on that Google thing.

I don't see anything about LBJ or Tip O'Neill.

I take it you broke down each point made in what I'm  sure was an un-biased FOX News report to verify, right? And have enough other sources to support your claim of a widespread effort by left controlled school boards (which is a ludicrous suggestion in my part of the country)? 

I know you don't just take them at their word just because it supports your worldview. No, not you.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(12-07-2018, 07:39 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 08:51 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Here's just one recent story. There are dozens on that Google thing.

I don't see anything about LBJ or Tip O'Neill.

I take it you broke down each point made in what I'm  sure was an un-biased FOX News report to verify, right? And have enough other sources to support your claim of a widespread effort by left controlled school boards (which is a ludicrous suggestion in my part of the country)? 

I know you don't just take them at their word just because it supports your worldview. No, not you.

You really believe that education and the press aren't overwhelmingly leftist? That's what you're going with? Lol.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-07-2018, 07:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 07:39 PM)rollerjag Wrote: I don't see anything about LBJ or Tip O'Neill.

You really believe that education and the press aren't overwhelmingly leftist? That's what you're going with? Lol.

I would bet that you define "leftist" as anyone who wants government employees to actually be able to work for regular salaries rather than voluntary donations. In that case it's not just the press and education that overwhelmingly oppose you, but pretty much everyone else too.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Joe Biden was also served papers at the funeral.

100 million people watched that funeral and only a few actually saw it.

George W knew it was coming also. After Laura showed the paper to Jeb she turned to W and said, "Is this real?"

W: "yep."

(12-08-2018, 08:30 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: George W knew it was coming also.  After Laura showed the paper to Jeb she turned to W and said, "Is this real?"

W:  "yep."
Dude what are you even talking about? lol

(12-07-2018, 08:02 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 07:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You really believe that education and the press aren't overwhelmingly leftist? That's what you're going with? Lol.

I would bet that you define "leftist" as anyone who wants government employees to actually be able to work for regular salaries rather than voluntary donations. In that case it's not just the press and education that overwhelmingly oppose you, but pretty much everyone else too.

World Strawman Champion.

(12-08-2018, 01:11 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Joe Biden was also served papers at the funeral.

100 million people watched that funeral and only a few actually saw it.

Paternity test results?

(12-09-2018, 11:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 08:02 PM)mikesez Wrote: I would bet that you define "leftist" as anyone who wants government employees to actually be able to work for regular salaries rather than voluntary donations. In that case it's not just the press and education that overwhelmingly oppose you, but pretty much everyone else too.

World Strawman Champion.

Is it? Tell me how you expect the garbage collector or the teacher or the policeman to make money.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.