Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wilder Vs. Fury

Who you guys got? I've got Fury by decision.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm not really a boxing fan, I'm way more into MMA, but this fight intrigues me. I say Wilder by TKO. I don't think Fury can handle his power.

Fury is a way better boxer , if it goes the distance Fury probably wins 9-3 or something.

Perfect example of why I've turned away from Boxing. how can one judge score it 115-111 Wilder, while another scores it 115-110 Fury and the 3rd judge sees it 113-113? Were they watching the same fight? I know boxing is corrupt and I wonder if the judges were paid off to make it a draw in order to make another big PPV rematch?

(12-02-2018, 02:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Perfect example of why I've turned away from Boxing. how can one judge score it 115-111 Wilder, while another scores it 115-110 Fury and the 3rd judge sees it 113-113? Were they watching the same fight? I know boxing is corrupt and I wonder if the judges were paid off to make it a draw in order to make another big PPV rematch?

Of course. A draw helps everyone $ money wise.  

Fight wasn't even close bar two punches.

Furry got up like the Undertaker in the last round. I thought he was knocked out for sure

(12-02-2018, 02:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Furry got up like the Undertaker in the last round.   I thought he was knocked out for sure

Same , I Xed off my stream as soon as he hit the deck

(12-02-2018, 02:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Perfect example of why I've turned away from Boxing. how can one judge score it 115-111 Wilder, while another scores it 115-110 Fury and the 3rd judge sees it 113-113? Were they watching the same fight? I know boxing is corrupt and I wonder if the judges were paid off to make it a draw in order to make another big PPV rematch?

I sincerely hope by that you mean that fury won it. Which he clearly did!

Knock downs are the great equalizer in boxing. Two of the rounds that Wilder won, he won by 10-8 (if not 10-7 in the 12th). That said, I would have scored it in favor of Fury by a couple points. The judge that had it 115-111 for Wilder must have had the fighter's names confused.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

So I've seen the highlights of the Fury vs Wilder fight, and I've seen the Joshua vs Klitschko fight, and I've gotta say, the 3 guys at the top right now, Fury, Joshua, and Wilder, all have major deficiencies. Wilder and Joshua are hard punchers will limited skill, and Fury is a very skillful defensive fighter with limited power. So, to me, the heavyweight division is still pretty boring.

I've seen guys like Fury before, and they were considered journeymen who could get into a championship fight and go the distance in a losing effort. I admire his defensive skill, but he's going to bore people to death.

(12-12-2018, 06:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So I've seen the highlights of the Fury vs Wilder fight, and I've seen the Joshua vs Klitschko fight, and I've gotta say, the 3 guys at the top right now, Fury, Joshua, and Wilder, all have major deficiencies.  Wilder and Joshua are hard punchers will limited skill, and Fury is a very skillful defensive fighter with limited power.   So, to me, the heavyweight division is still pretty boring.  

I've seen guys like Fury before, and they were considered journeymen who could get into a championship fight and go the distance in a losing effort.  I admire his defensive skill, but he's going to bore people to death.

Every matchup between one of those 3 is going to be really exciting to watch so I don't think you can feasibly call the division boring. Especially compared to what there's been in the past.  

Fury isn't gonna KO anyone but seeing a guy that big completely out class his opponents with movement and speed is a lot of fun for casual fans too + has all the character in the world to get fans to invest in the fight.