Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Titans Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2018, 09:22 PM by AmeliaFL.)

Hi, Jaguars fans! Smile  Our  4-8 Jacksonville Jaguars are playing their second NFL game in five days,  and second consecutive AFC South opponent, and second divisional rematch, as they are  Nashville,  to play 6-6 the Tennessee Titans.   Jaguars will try to win their first regular season road game in Nashville, in more than five years.

Both the Jaguars and the Titans each adjusted, prepared, and practiced this week to accommodate tonight's NFL and FOX Sports coverage, of Thursday Night Football. Both Jacksonville and Tennessee are also each in their ninth appearance and game on the NFL's Thursday Night Football, and lead off the Week 14 schedule and field action of the 2018 NFL Season.

Cody Kessler makes his second career start for Jacksonville, completing 18 of his 25 passes for 150 yards 0 TD's, 0 INTS, the Jaguars Sunday's 9-6 home 9-6 victory over the Indianapolis Colts.

Both Jacksonville and Tennessee are both after 13 weeks of NFL game action, are also both each in the top 10 in Total Defense, but near the bottom statistically in the league in points produced per game. Jaguars are #3 in Total Defense and #3 in Total passing Yards allowed, along with #16 in Rushing yards allowed, but #30 in the NFL scoring 17 points per game. Titans are #9 in the NFL in Total Defense, including #5 in passing yards allowed and #19 in rushing yards allowing, but #28 in the NFL in scoring averaging 18.4 YPG.

Jacksonville enters tonight with their 3-5 all-time THNF record. Jaguars lost their first THNF the Colts 31-24, back on December 21, 2008. Jaguars also lost their recent THNF game to these same Titans by the score of 36-22, back on October 27, 2016.

Tennessee also enters tonight with their 3-5 all time THNF record. San Diego Chargers defeated the Titans in their first-ever THNF by the score of 42-17. on Christmas Night 2009, and also lost their last THNF game to the Pittsburgh Steelers, 40-17, back on November 16, 2017.

Jacksonville seeks to avenge their earlier loss on Week 3, when the Titans Ryan Succop kicked his field goals from 39, 36, and the 28-yard game winning field goal with 4:06 remaining in the fourth quarter, over the Jaguars Josh Lambo's 46 and 38 yard field goals, to win 9-6 back on September 23.

Jacksonville  are also ending a three-game regular season losing streak over the Titans, and has seven of their last ten games over Tennessee, since their last road victory in Nashville. Jaguars also tonight will try to win two regular season games in a row for the second time in their 2018 season, since defeating at the New york Giants by the score of 20-15, and to the New England Patriots 31-20, back on September 9 and 16.

Jaguars defensive back caused a fumble from Titans QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, and returned the ball 21-yards for the game-clinching touchdown on their first game after their bye week, to defeat Tennessee 29-27 at LP Field, back on November 10, 2013

Tennessee though leads the all-time regular season series, plus one postseason game, the 1999 AFC Championship Game. with their 28-20-1 record, in tonight's 49th meeting.

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are announcing the live TV game commentary for The NFL On FOX, simulcasted locally over-the-air on WFOX Channel 30 in Jacksonville, FL, internationally on The NFL Network, through your cable provider on  television and in your laptop, and for free from your smartphone on the NFL app.

Frank Frangie also announces the live game play-by-play. along with former Jaguars linemen and legends, Jeff Lagerman and Tony Boselli the live game analysts, sumicasted on flagship stations WJXL 1010AM and 92.5, and WGNE Country 99.9 FM, and throughout Northern Florida, and Southern Georgia, on the Jaguars Radio Network.

Cloudy skies at 42 degrees, feels like 38 degrees, is the game forecast inside Nissan Stadium in Downtown Nashville for the  8:20 PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff,  along with 0% precipitation, 54% humidity, and western winds at 7 miles per hour.

Visiting Jaguars are wearing their black helmets, Nike white jerseys, and white pants, while the host Titans are wearing their dark blue helmets, dark blue jerseys, and dark blue pants.

Head Linesman John Parry, and his NFL officiating crew, will supervise the live game action in the Nissan Stadium playing field between the Jaguars and Titans, Per NFL rules and regulations, the NFL referees are not permitted to officiate more than one game per week.

Tonight also continue's the NFL's 'My Cause, My Cleats, charitable Campaign, where the players wear their custom-designed Nike Football cleats, they will wear during tonight's game, and game action on the field, to promote their individual and personal cause and charity.

NO injuries to the players, Dismember Instead Of Remember The Titans, even the season rivalry defeat at 'Smashville' On The Road, and LET’S GO JAGUARS!!!!!!!   Wink Smile Cool Big Grin

2018 Jaguars @ Titans Thursday Night Football Live NFL Game Center. Team Injury Reports, and the NFL My Cause, My Cleats Links:

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201812060...ab=preview

https://www.jaguars.com/team/injury-report

https://www.titansonline.com/team/injury-report

https://www.nfl.com/mycausemycleats

https://www.nfl.com/tnf

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Go jags! Feed fournette and get the w.

Titans will spank us and obliterate Cody, we might see Blake today

Gonna be a cold night in nash. Any you jags coming to the game bring a sweater and a sister to cuddle up to.
Go flaming thumbtacks!!
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(12-06-2018, 05:25 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Gonna be a cold night in nash. Any you jags coming to the game bring a sweater and a sister to cuddle up to.
Go flaming thumbtacks!!

Aww this is cute coming from a Tennessee fan, y’all must be rejoicing now that no DNA test is required to marry your cousin/sister/mother.

To bad I can’t make it to the game, be really hard for your wife/ sister to explain to you why she is leaving you for a jags fan!

Lol but, in all seriousness DUUUVAL!

I'm here in Nashville but I decided not to go this year. I would rather be watching from home.

The one game left I really want to win. Ruin the tacks playoff dreams would be so sweet.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Hope we lose. Season is over anyway, just a farewell tour for Blake Bortles now.

(12-06-2018, 12:09 PM)jalenramseysays Wrote: Hope we lose. Season is over anyway, just a farewell tour for Blake Bortles now.

Spoken like a true loser.

Let's go!

Which will there be more of in this game? Total FGs or Kessler completions?

(12-06-2018, 12:33 PM)14and3 Wrote: Which will there be more of in this game? Total FGs or Kessler completions?

Unfortunately, all will be under 10 yards. Just crowd the line of scrimmage and you can play the pass and run with the same formation.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(12-06-2018, 12:43 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 12:33 PM)14and3 Wrote: Which will there be more of in this game? Total FGs or Kessler completions?

Unfortunately, all will be under 10 yards. Just crowd the line of scrimmage and you can play the pass and run with the same formation.

Nah. Fournette in the game will aid the play action pass  - and Marrone and Kessler harped all week about the number of opportunities to throw downfield that were squandered last week. He'll take a half dozen more intermediate or deep shots tonight.

(12-06-2018, 12:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 12:43 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Unfortunately, all will be under 10 yards. Just crowd the line of scrimmage and you can play the pass and run with the same formation.

Nah. Fournette in the game will aid the play action pass  - and Marrone and Kessler harped all week about the number of opportunities to throw downfield that were squandered last week. He'll take a half dozen more intermediate or deep shots tonight.

If that is the case...I see Kessler throwing 2 picks
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(12-06-2018, 01:00 PM)old_man Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 12:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Nah. Fournette in the game will aid the play action pass  - and Marrone and Kessler harped all week about the number of opportunities to throw downfield that were squandered last week. He'll take a half dozen more intermediate or deep shots tonight.

Kesslers not Blake soooooo..... Most likely not.

oh and Kessler 1 fumble lost

(12-06-2018, 01:00 PM)old_man Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 12:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Nah. Fournette in the game will aid the play action pass  - and Marrone and Kessler harped all week about the number of opportunities to throw downfield that were squandered last week. He'll take a half dozen more intermediate or deep shots tonight.

Next up on this week's episode of "Riding Out The BOAT,"  one of Blake's seven remaining hold-out fans predicts bad things for the back-up QB! 

I jest.

Kessler throwing a pick or two is a possibility.  From what I've seen - it's less of a possibility than what we endured with #5 under center. 
The other thing you should realize is they'll likely limit his downfield throwing to outside one on ones and over the middle stuff against zone. You limit the INT potential that way. 
If they get Fournette rolling on the ground fairly early -  that stuff opens up.  They stick largely to that script and stay away from Byard - they'll be OK with Kessler chucking a few more downfield.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2018, 01:15 PM by old_man.)

Just a fact. Kessler may throw a better ball, Blake still gives us the best chance to win.

Not a hold out. Blake is the best option we have. This week will prove the point again.

Live by the sword, die by the sword....

Perfectly stated https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/10/22/blake-...uarterback

There’s no question that there’s a huge overlap between his mechanics and his comfort level as he sees the field. That’s why he’s such a streaky player. To answer your question, Gary, I think I take the A and the B Bortles with the understanding that sometimes you’re going to get an F. I take that versus finding me a C-minus, maybe even D-plus type of guy, if we’re talking starter expectations. That’s what Cody Kessler would give you.

(12-06-2018, 01:15 PM)old_man Wrote: Just a fact.  Kessler may throw a better ball,  Blake still gives us the best chance to win.

Not a hold out.  Blake is the best option we have.  This week will prove the point again.

Live by the sword, die by the sword....
This is actually called an opinion but good try.