Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Flacco Threads (merged)

(01-13-2019, 07:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 07:40 PM)Brett Wrote: Why would Flacco want to come here though if he knows it's only to be a bench-warmer for a rookie QB that will eventually be the starter? That was exactly what happened to him in Baltimore and what he would probably want to stay away from, no?

Because he has no say, if the Ravens trade him. He has to go wherever they deal him.

Oh yeah my apologies, I forgot it would be in regards to a trade.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Going from one worst of the QBs in the NFL to another one of the worst QBs in the NFL will surely change our stars!

(01-13-2019, 07:40 PM)Brett Wrote: Why would Flacco want to come here though if he knows it's only to be a bench-warmer for a rookie QB that will eventually be the starter? That was exactly what happened to him in Baltimore and what he would probably want to stay away from, no?

I was wondering the same thing. Seems like a lateral move. So maybe they are not going QB in first round? Waiting for 2020?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bringing in Flacco as a FA would be bad. Even trading for him would be insane. Let's hope it's LaCanfora or whoever making stuff up

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2019, 11:46 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(01-13-2019, 07:54 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 07:37 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: He is underrated imo, is he great no? is he better than Bortles? hell yes! if he accepts 10 million per year great if not pass.

If you think Flacco is better than bortles right now  then please stop watching football because both of them are mediocre at this point.

Flacco is better it's not even a contest.

Bortles wishes he was mediocre.

(01-13-2019, 11:45 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 07:54 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: If you think Flacco is better than bortles right now  then please stop watching football because both of them are mediocre at this point.

Flacco is better it's not even a contest.

Bortles wishes he was mediocre.

Leopold divinci will still be defending Bortles even when he is a backup QB fading to obscurity or unemployed.

Flacco wants to win. The Jags defense is good enough to win if he can put 3 TDs up. The offense is focused on the run, so he just needs to complete passes to keep the defense honest. There should be WRs 1on1 getting open.

There also aren't a lot of open starting jobs.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 10:55 AM by nhiverson.)

Flacco is TRASH...

Why not just sign a cheap vet and draft your guy?

How bout like Fitzpatrick. I was thinking Brisset would be interesting if he was a free agent idk I just want the rookie to start day 1 if its Haskins.
No Fun

There are definitely a couple of vets out there I'd sign before Flacco if it were up to me. Fitzmagic is one of them.

I don't know. I think I'd be willing to try and trade for Brisset before bringing Flacco.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Brissett? Flacco? May as well just keep Bortles.

(01-14-2019, 10:02 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Brissett? Flacco? May as well just keep Bortles.
On the surface that appears to be the direction they are going. There is going to be a ton of disappointment going into the offseason grind.

(01-15-2019, 08:30 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 10:02 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Brissett? Flacco? May as well just keep Bortles.
On the surface that appears to be the direction they are going. There is going to be a ton of disappointment going into the offseason grind.

GOING TO BE?  You mean it gets worse?

(12-20-2018, 07:04 PM)pen SeldomRite Wrote:
(12-20-2018, 04:51 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: While I'm not really big on Flacco, he's a huge upgrade to Bortles.  

The grass is always greener.

Bortles is a much better QB than he's given credit for, he's pretty much actual middle of the road, it's just that the bib brigade thinks if someone isn't Mahomes then he's Gabbert, but that's just not true.

Watching the Jags offensive performances against mediocre to bad defenses with Kessler shows that Bortles wasn't the worst QB in the league like he gets talked about. He's just not good enough that the team should have settled for him.

I hope the Jags aren't stupid enough to sign another team's Bortles and instead just stays with low cost guys until they can draft an actual franchise QB.

I went back and watched the season from the beginning. Blake is not the issue. Nohe is not All-pro, but he function well in this system until you begin to take the offensive pieces away one by one. The end of the season offense was hardly the same as it was in games 1-4. Blake and the OC were scapegoated for poor depth and adjustment. In fact, if I was going to put a finger on a few main issues it would be the OL (center over to RT), lack of a blocking TE, lack of WR effort, and playbook knowledge.

Flacco is not an upgrade.

I think Flacco would be a downgrade unless the oline plays at a very high level.

Bortles a much better qb on broken plays.

(01-15-2019, 05:27 PM)lastonealive Wrote: I think Flacco would be a downgrade unless the oline plays at a very high level.

Bortles a much better qb on broken plays.

Wow "you" always find a scapegoat for that qb.

Just traded to the Broncos.

One less team in need of a QB! Here comes Haskins!

Elway = bad GM

Nice looking more and more like Foles will be the guy