Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB Options not in the Draft

Of the veteran free agents so far only 3 (really 2) make sense to me.  In no particular order...

Joe Flacco - My first thought is he is pretty much what the Jaguars need and fits the system that they are trying to build (power running, great defense).  He won a Super Bowl and has made it to the post-season in the same type of system.  The only issue is his age.  Perhaps a 3 year "team friendly" deal with incentives could get him here.

Nick Foles - He is playing some good ball for the Eagles, but has had kind of an up/down kind of career.  I don't think that he makes a good fit because he is going to command huge (starter) money and will want to go somewhere long term rather than as a "place holder".

Teddy Bridgewater - To me this is probably the best option.  He doesn't have a bunch of experience, but he has sat behind some pretty good QB's following his injury.  He is still young enough that he could be a longer term solution which enables the Jaguars to be patient when selecting a rookie QB over the next few drafts to compete for the starting job.

Now assuming the team is looking for a short term replacement, Flacco seems to me to be the logical choice.  He's got a few years left and isn't going to command big money.  However, he isn't going to want to sign a 1 year deal to be a "place holder".

Assuming the team is looking at a longer term, Bridgewater would be the logical choice.  This gives the team a bit more flexibility when drafting a young QB.  The downside is the price tag is going to be a bit more than Flacco.  The upside is Bridgewater is enough of an "unknown" that he could turn out to be "the guy" for a period of time.

In either scenario, I think Foles is going to be too expensive.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm holding out hope for the pipe-dream that Foles brings another SB to Philly and they have to keep him and we trade for Wentz.

(12-28-2018, 03:24 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm holding out hope for the pipe-dream that Foles brings another SB to Philly and they have to keep him and we trade for Wentz.

It's not happening.  Wentz is the Eagles' franchise QB.  My guess is that Foles enters free agency.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(12-28-2018, 03:40 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 03:24 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm holding out hope for the pipe-dream that Foles brings another SB to Philly and they have to keep him and we trade for Wentz.

It's not happening.  Wentz is the Eagles' franchise QB.  My guess is that Foles enters free agency.

I know, but I can dream.

The best case scenerio to me would be to find the least expensive bridge quarterback who can start until Haskins (please win tomorrow Giants) is ready. Right now, that would be Tyrod Taylor. He knows how to take care of the ball and could win with the Jaguars dominant defense.

Umm.... [Image: 27b0e83bc51cdbd43d931a574e0449e5.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tyrod Taylor was behind a better offenssive line in bufflo

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

The talking heads on Jags radio keep thinking it is more likely the Jags end up with Tyrod Taylor instead of Foles, and draft whoever fall to them at #7.

Thoughts?

(02-26-2019, 06:08 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: The talking heads on Jags radio keep thinking it is more likely the Jags end up with Tyrod Taylor instead of Foles, and draft whoever fall to them at #7.

Thoughts?

Money wise sure. I suspect Foles market price will be cheaper than expected though

(02-26-2019, 06:08 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: The talking heads on Jags radio keep thinking it is more likely the Jags end up with Tyrod Taylor instead of Foles, and draft whoever fall to them at #7.

Thoughts?

If it's not Haskins that falls to us, then we're screwed. Taylor flat out sucks and I don't see a QB in this draft that looks like a future franchise guy, other than Haskins.