Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB Options not in the Draft

Lol at anyone wanting to trade a mid round pick for nick mullens. Hes a product of shanahans system and would be terrible here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Our options are Flacco, Foles, and Manning, in all likelihood. If wanted to fix the QB without the draft, it was last year. We're going to draft a QB high (please God don't let us miss AGAIN). We don't need a superstar to be successful. We just need someone who can hit wide open receivers (which we have had lots of).

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2018, 10:27 AM by Andy G.)

We might need to think about trading for a backup player who isn’t a free agent, rather than overpaying someone who hits the market.

Someone like Ryan Fitzpatrick as a stop-gap perhaps?

(12-21-2018, 10:27 AM)Andy G Wrote: We might need to think about trading for a backup player who isn’t a free agent.

I'm really not a fan of trading picks for other teams' backups.  Fitzpatrick would be a good add, but I only want him if he's released.

(12-21-2018, 10:28 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 10:27 AM)Andy G Wrote: We might need to think about trading for a backup player who isn’t a free agent.

I'm really not a fan of trading picks for other teams' backups.  Fitzpatrick would be a good add, but I only want him if he's released.
Fitzmagic is on a one year deal - so he'll be a free agent unless they re-sign him prior to the end of the league year.

Jags brought in Bo Levi Mitchell from the CFL for a workout. Word is he may actually be decent enough to play in the NFL. Could be a cheap option to go with our first round pick next year.

(12-21-2018, 10:32 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Jags brought in Bo Levi Mitchell from the CFL for a workout. Word is he may actually be decent enough to play in the NFL. Could be a cheap option to go with our first round pick next year.

Interesting. 

Seeing he has workouts scheduled with at least two other teams as well.

(12-21-2018, 10:32 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Jags brought in Bo Levi Mitchell from the CFL for a workout. Word is he may actually be decent enough to play in the NFL. Could be a cheap option to go with our first round pick next year.

I actually like that option a lot. I liked him as a late round option coming out of Eastern Washington. He's been tearing up the CFL. I didn't know the Jags showed any interest.

(12-21-2018, 10:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Interesting. 

He actually has workouts with 8 teams all together. It’s believed he is going to try and go to a team where he would have a decent shot at competing at QB. That plus the Milanovich CFL connection could make us the favorite. I believe I read the that he can’t a sign till Jan 3rd.

(12-21-2018, 11:01 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 10:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Interesting. 

He actually has workouts with 8 teams all together. It’s believed he is going to try and go to a team where he would have a decent shot at competing at QB. That plus the Milanovich CFL connection could make us the favorite. I believe I read the that he can’t a sign till Jan 3rd.
Dude's got a cannon deep ball.  That's for sure. 
Could be interesting to see him chucking it to Chark and Westbrook on some vert routes.

[Image: giphy.gif]

At the very least it would be a super fun story to follow

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2018, 09:47 AM by Jagsfan32277.)

Should we go after Devin Wade and his #1 receiver Colt Cruise. He good.

(12-23-2018, 09:46 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Should we go after Devin Wade and his #1 receiver Colt Cruise.  He good.

Only if Jack Ford is the OC.

Nick Foles putting on a bit of 2 minute drill audition vs the tinhorns right now...

Looks like Teddy B will be getting an audition for those in the market for a QB.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ed-minutes

Dolphins ready to move on from Tannehill

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2018, 11:09 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

Not sure you can pay a placeholder free agent QB and absorb Blake's cap hit in 2019 and have it make sense financially. You'd have to be paying a free agent QB something like $12.5 million or less to start here next year for it to really make sense. If you're paying more, you have to believe whoever that is is a significant upgrade to Blake and probably will need to commit for multiple years. I'm thinking they either roll with Blake and a rookie next year or cut Blake with plans on starting a rookie immediately and finding a back up to come here on a back up's salary and not placeholder starter money. Glennon got $16 million for the role of placeholder starter 2 years ago. Tyrod got the same amount this season. You'd have to expect anyone coming here and doing the same thing would probably command $16 million or more in 2019.

(12-17-2018, 02:22 PM)JNev Wrote: Flacco, Mullens, Foles are all awful ideas. We don't really have the luxury to toss QB money at FAs and why would they want to come start for 4 games before a rookie takes over? Bortles can do the same thing if needed and really we should just be starting our rookie Day 1 anyways honestly

This is basically my thinking although I'm doubting a rookie would start day one. It just seems like for the cost both in money and picks is too much to give up especially in such a cap strapped year.

That said, Mullens just might be the real deal so I wouldn't exactly complain if they talked to the 49ers. I was even wondering if the 49ers might opt to keep Mullens and trade Jimmy G. 

(12-27-2018, 05:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Dolphins ready to move on from Tannehill

I'd rather roll with our own problem qb than inherit their problem qb and the cap hit that goes along with him. 
'02

All Jag eyes will be on the New Orleans game. I don't know if I'm there yet to say we should go after him, but if he plays well, could be an option. We'll see I guess.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(12-28-2018, 09:11 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 02:22 PM)JNev Wrote: Flacco, Mullens, Foles are all awful ideas. We don't really have the luxury to toss QB money at FAs and why would they want to come start for 4 games before a rookie takes over? Bortles can do the same thing if needed and really we should just be starting our rookie Day 1 anyways honestly

This is basically my thinking although I'm doubting a rookie would start day one. It just seems like for the cost both in money and picks is too much to give up especially in such a cap strapped year.

That said, Mullens just might be the real deal so I wouldn't exactly complain if they talked to the 49ers. I was even wondering if the 49ers might opt to keep Mullens and trade Jimmy G. 

(12-27-2018, 05:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Dolphins ready to move on from Tannehill

I'd rather roll with our own problem qb than inherit their problem qb and the cap hit that goes along with him. 

Sorry - but why in the world would you group Mullens with Flaco or Foles? Really?

The Jags aren't required to draft a QB in April. They could throw real money at Foles, for example, and draft OL in the first round. Then in four years address QB.

And no way in heck is SF trading Jimmy G and keeping Mullens. No way.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.