Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Updated Draft Order

(10-24-2018, 10:07 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 04:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Bortles stays at QB, I agree.  If we did get a top 5 pick I wonder if the Lions would trade us Stafford for a top 5 pick

Not denying Stafford's talent.
But not sure I'd want him. Dude has multiple 5 INT games or some crap doesn't he?
He also has a serious contract.

I'd rather draft OUR guy, even if we miss. Its a cheaper miss.

(10-23-2018, 05:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No, they wouldn't. It would take a lot more.

I could easily see the Cards wanting to trade down if they get stuck with the #2 pick. They have big needs at O-Line and CB and I can't see a player at either one of those positions going that high.

Yeah it'll be interesting to see how the top 5-10 shakes out.
If the top 5 has a lot of teams with QB already addressed (Bills, Cards, Raiders) we may not have to move up much if at all.

I'd take Stafford in a heartbeat along with his salary.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-24-2018, 10:35 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 10:07 AM)Kane Wrote: Not denying Stafford's talent.
But not sure I'd want him. Dude has multiple 5 INT games or some crap doesn't he?
He also has a serious contract.

I'd rather draft OUR guy, even if we miss. Its a cheaper miss.

Yeah it'll be interesting to see how the top 5-10 shakes out.
If the top 5 has a lot of teams with QB already addressed (Bills, Cards, Raiders) we may not have to move up much if at all.

I'd take Stafford in a heartbeat along with his salary.

Why would Detroit trade him?

(10-24-2018, 10:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 10:35 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd take Stafford in a heartbeat along with his salary.

Why would Detroit trade him?

They wouldn't. In today's NFL you don't trade proven starter QBs unless maybe they had a special rookie behind him.
Also a top 5 pick for a QB who will be 31 next year and carries a 5 year deal with 4 years left with a lot of guaranteed money.

I mean... it would murder our cap right? I'm not a big cap dude... so maybe I'm missing something.

Moving on up

I'm watching GB-LA Rams now.

Is "QB envy" or "offense envy" a thing?

Sigh.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-28-2018, 04:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm watching GB-LA Rams now.

Is "QB envy" or "offense envy" a thing?

Sigh.

Yep.

I'm actually warming up to the idea of having a ho-hum defense and an elite QB instead.

We should try that approach on the next rebuild.

A non stop climb

Up to 9

Yes!I really missed it last year when we didnt have a top 10 pick. This franchise is built for top 5 draft picks.

Ugh, guess I have to pay attention to this thread now. Great lol. Are there any playmaker D players at the safety level in this draft? We really need a playmaking safety. I dont like the QBs at all this draft.

(11-11-2018, 10:09 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Ugh, guess I have to pay attention to this thread now. Great lol. Are there any playmaker D players at the safety level in this draft? We really need a playmaking safety. I dont like the QBs at all this draft.

Alabama safety

(11-11-2018, 10:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 10:09 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Ugh, guess I have to pay attention to this thread now. Great lol. Are there any playmaker D players at the safety level in this draft? We really need a playmaking safety. I dont like the QBs at all this draft.

Alabama safety
Top 10 kinda pick? That's what we need. An enforcer playmaker or a ballhawk guy. BOTH?

Lol it would be 100% Jaguars to draft a safety top 10 after all of the slobber over Harrison and defending Gipson as a pro bowl caliber player.

I would go all in on Oliver DT from Alabama to replace Dareus (cap savings) and pick up Tyrann Matieu in free agency. Harrison will start over Church when he is released (Cap Savings).

D-Line: Yannick, Oliver, Bryan, Campbell
Secondary: Bouye Harrison, Matieu, Ramsey

Players that have to go/Trade: 48 Million savings w/ these cuts
Church - Replaced by Harrison SS
M. Jackson - Replaced by Bryan
Parnell - Replaced By Flowers OT
McCray -
ASJ -
Gibson -Tyrann Matieu FS FA
Dareus - Replaced by #1 Pick Oliver DT (AL)
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Looks like we will be picking in the top 5-7 range

(11-11-2018, 11:09 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 10:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Alabama safety
Top 10 kinda pick? That's what we need. An enforcer playmaker or a ballhawk guy. BOTH?

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/a...s.amp.html

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2018, 10:10 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Bucs vs Giants and Raiders vs Cardinals

2 games this weekend to possibly put us up 2 more spots. Once again the draft is the best time of the year for the Jags fans

(11-13-2018, 10:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bucs vs Giants and Raiders vs Cardinals

2 games this weekend to possibly put us up 2 more spots.  Once again the draft is the best time of the year for the Jags fans

Ya know...
I thought I'd be more upset about falling back to Earth...

but really I'm pretty apathetic.

I certainly see us with a top 5-8 pick when all said and done.
and I'm kinda OK with it.

Tankathon has us at #8 now

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

(11-19-2018, 12:16 AM)newporttom Wrote: Tankathon has us at #8  now

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

I hadn’t thought about it until I saw that chart, but the Chargers are the only non division leader in the AFC with a winning record.