Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Updated Draft Order

Even with the loss everyone above us lost as well except Arizona who is playing now and leading. If Arizona wins we are tied at 3-8. Not sure who has the higher strength of schedule, but looks as if that Jags stay with the #6 pick so far this week.

Who needs a QB above us.....

NYG and maybe Oakland.

Right now it's 

1-Niners
2-Oakland
3-Arizona
4-Jets
5-Giants
6-Jags
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tankathon has us at #6. Hard to see us getting higher than #5

I don't see the giants winning another game.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2018, 08:03 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

We'd have to trade up to the top 2 and Giants and other teams in the back that are desperate for QBs will be looking to trade up. Those loser teams with QBs will be looking to trade down for more draft picks. Looks like we're stuck with I can't make the simple routine throw, wobble duck throws, bad placement, cant throw quick out and slants, can't read defenses and adjust, Blake da snake Bortles for 2019

Arizona might want to trade down. They need an OT and Jonah Williams should still easily be there at #6. Top 3 would be high for him.

(11-25-2018, 06:03 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: I don't see the giants winning another game.

They play the Titans and Redskins.  I can see them winning either of those

Giants loss after they had been up big is a bummer.
I really want a QB but at the same time I wish we can keep most of our picks as we need a lot of help on the offensive side of the ball. We'll see where we are at and hopefully all of the good QB's declare.

(11-25-2018, 08:01 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: We'd have to trade up to the top 2 and Giants and other teams in the back that are desperate for QBs will be looking to trade up. Those loser teams with QBs will be looking to trade down for more draft picks.  Looks like we're stuck with I can't make the simple routine throw, wobble duck throws, bad placement, cant throw quick out and slants, can't  read defenses and adjust, Blake da snake Bortles for 2019

This was awesome!!
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(11-25-2018, 05:44 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Even with the loss everyone above us lost as well except Arizona who is playing now and leading. If Arizona wins we are tied at 3-8. Not sure who has the higher strength of schedule, but looks as if that Jags stay with the #6 pick so far this week.

NYG and maybe Oakland.

Right now it's 

1-Niners
2-Oakland
3-Arizona
4-Jets
5-Giants
6-Jags

Top 3 QBs
Grier, Lock, Haskins.

Oakland and NYG can have one each and we'd still get a very good QB prospect.

Wouldn't mind moving up a bit to get "our guy" though.
Depending on who is selecting "our guy".

We can almost bet our last red cent if Caldwell is the GM we're not selecting a QB, at all.

(11-26-2018, 04:08 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 05:44 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Even with the loss everyone above us lost as well except Arizona who is playing now and leading. If Arizona wins we are tied at 3-8. Not sure who has the higher strength of schedule, but looks as if that Jags stay with the #6 pick so far this week.

NYG and maybe Oakland.

Right now it's 

1-Niners
2-Oakland
3-Arizona
4-Jets
5-Giants
6-Jags

Top 3 QBs
Grier, Lock, Haskins.

We can almost bet our last red cent if Caldwell is the GM we're not selecting a QB, at all.

I still say they'll be taken in this order......

1. Herbert
2. Haskins
3a. Lock
3b. Grier
4. Daniels
5. Jackson
6. Finley
7. Hansen
8. Rypien

At this point, I don't care which one we get, as long as they are the "right" guy.

(11-26-2018, 04:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 04:08 PM)Kane Wrote: Top 3 QBs
Grier, Lock, Haskins.

I still say they'll be taken in this order......

1. Herbert
2. Haskins
3a. Lock
3b. Grier
4. Daniels
5. Jackson
6. Finley
7. Hansen
8. Rypien

At this point, I don't care which one we get, as long as they are the "right" guy.

So is Herbert coming out or not? When I include him people tell me he is staying in school. When I don't, people include him in their list lol.
Obviously if he comes out he's up there. Although personally I'm actually not as big on Herbert as others. He's a guy that reminds me of the Josh Allen love. Yeah he has the "tools" but does he actually make it work? His comp % from game to game is wildly all over the place.
I think returning to school is probably a good idea for Herbert. Although if he's pegged as a first round top 5 talent, not really sure why he would.
Haskins has been hot and cold for me. Some games I think he's the best QB propect and others I'm not sure he is a first round QB. With the right coach staff though he could be real good.
Lock and Grier are very much 1a 1b. for me both have some stuff to work on to be great at the next level but I think they are the most ready to start out of any of the QBs.

The rest of the guys are 2nd, 3rd and late rounders imo. Finley is Falk this year for me. I was high on him going into the season and as the season goes on I cool on him considerably.
Falk ended up in the 5th round iirc... I think Finley is more of a 2nd or 3rd now. But I've seen mocks having him go late in round 1 to the Pats...... so we'll see I guess.

We're either gonna be in position to get Herbert or not need to trade very far up to get him. He's totally in play if he declares

(11-27-2018, 11:40 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 04:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I still say they'll be taken in this order......

1. Herbert
2. Haskins
3a. Lock
3b. Grier
4. Daniels
5. Jackson
6. Finley
7. Hansen
8. Rypien

So is Herbert coming out or not? When I include him people tell me he is staying in school. When I don't, people include him in their list lol.
Obviously if he comes out he's up there. Although personally I'm actually not as big on Herbert as others. He's a guy that reminds me of the Josh Allen love. Yeah he has the "tools" but does he actually make it work? His comp % from game to game is wildly all over the place.
I think returning to school is probably a good idea for Herbert. Although if he's pegged as a first round top 5 talent, not really sure why he would.
Haskins has been hot and cold for me. Some games I think he's the best QB propect and others I'm not sure he is a first round QB. With the right coach staff though he could be real good.
Lock and Grier are very much 1a 1b. for me both have some stuff to work on to be great at the next level but I think they are the most ready to start out of any of the QBs.

The rest of the guys are 2nd, 3rd and late rounders imo. Finley is Falk this year for me. I was high on him going into the season and as the season goes on I cool on him considerably.
Falk ended up in the 5th round iirc... I think Finley is more of a 2nd or 3rd now. But I've seen mocks having him go late in round 1 to the Pats...... so we'll see I guess.

I'm just listing everyone who is eligible. I have no clue who is declaring or not. I'm just assuming everyone is, until they aren't. I totally agree with you on Finley. I was high on him coming into the season, but I see little to no improvement from him. I think he has plateaued. I have him going in the 3rd to the Pats.

(11-27-2018, 11:40 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 04:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I still say they'll be taken in this order......

1. Herbert
2. Haskins
3a. Lock
3b. Grier
4. Daniels
5. Jackson
6. Finley
7. Hansen
8. Rypien

I do not get the love Lock gets and im gonna kind of vent here.

Youre hot and cold on Haskins but think Lock is 1a????? Haskins worst games was Nebraska and Penn state, both at 56% with multiple tds and 1 pick in each game..btw won both games

Locks in a 3 game stretch against Georgia 47% 0 tds 1 pick, S Car 47% 0 tds 2 picks, Bama 50% 1 td 2 picks... lost all 3. He is definition of "hot and cold" more cold than hot

The only lost OSU has vs Purdue, Haskins still went off...470 yrds 67% 2 tds and 1 pick

Haskins is setting records in every category behind a TRASH line.... btw he jus DESTROYED Michigan defense which was one of the best defenses, only behind Bama. 396 yrds 67% 6 tds and 0 picks.

Please elaborate on your "Cold" moments Haskins has

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

it herbert declares we get herbert or haskins

hopefully

(11-27-2018, 04:50 PM)Jords808 Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 11:40 AM)Kane Wrote: So is Herbert coming out or not? When I include him people tell me he is staying in school. When I don't, people include him in their list lol.

I do not get the love Lock gets and im gonna kind of vent here.

Youre hot and cold on Haskins but think Lock is 1a????? Haskins worst games was Nebraska and Penn state, both at 56% with multiple tds and 1 pick in each game..btw won both games

Locks in a 3 game stretch against Georgia 47% 0 tds 1 pick, S Car 47% 0 tds 2 picks, Bama 50% 1 td 2 picks... lost all 3. He is definition of "hot and cold" more cold than hot

The only lost OSU has vs Purdue, Haskins still went off...470 yrds 67% 2 tds and 1 pick

Haskins is setting records in every category behind a TRASH line.... btw he jus DESTROYED Michigan defense which was one of the best defenses, only behind Bama. 396 yrds 67% 6 tds and 0 picks.

Do you feel better now that you vented?

Here's the thing when looking at stats like that, you're not using your eyes. You're not watching how the QB performs with the tools around him. You're not looking at the competition.
As per a QB ready to start right away ready for the NFL, yeah Grier and Lock are my guys. Haskins looks great when not under pressure. And early on I didn't even have him on my radar, then I watched some OSU games coming away pretty impressed. Then I saw a few games where it looked like Haskins was Blaine Gabberting under pressure (wth that trash OL). Then he tore up Michigan. Which was pretty cool to see. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings putting your favorite QB 2nd on my list. (considering I have a 1a and 1b)
I think the UGA and Bama defenses are better than anything Haskins has seen (yet). We'll see how he does if he makes it into the CFP. 
I don't know if you just wanted to knee jerk react to my post or what, but I actually would be happy drafting Haskins and certainly wasn't bagging on him.

None of these QB prospects are perfect... everyone is gonna have their flavor. I watch about as much college ball as possible every Saturday. Not just my Gators. Not just SEC.
I even stay up late sometimes to catch Pac12 games.
I don't just look at stats. And I don't get all in my feelings about any particular player really. I think Grier is the best QB prospect, I like Lock almost as much, and then there is Haskins.

Don't travel over to CBS Sports for Chris Trapasso's QB analysis if you're easily upset.
They have Haskins below Lock as well.... as the 5th QB in his stock watch article.
Lock is 1st (above Herbert and Grier and Haskins)

(They have Finley 2nd for some strange reason)

(11-28-2018, 10:48 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 04:50 PM)Jords808 Wrote: I do not get the love Lock gets and im gonna kind of vent here.

Do you feel better now that you vented?

Here's the thing when looking at stats like that, you're not using your eyes. You're not watching how the QB performs with the tools around him. You're not looking at the competition.
As per a QB ready to start right away ready for the NFL, yeah Grier and Lock are my guys. Haskins looks great when not under pressure. And early on I didn't even have him on my radar, then I watched some OSU games coming away pretty impressed. Then I saw a few games where it looked like Haskins was Blaine Gabberting under pressure (wth that trash OL). Then he tore up Michigan. Which was pretty cool to see. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings putting your favorite QB 2nd on my list. (considering I have a 1a and 1b)
I think the UGA and Bama defenses are better than anything Haskins has seen (yet). We'll see how he does if he makes it into the CFP. 
I don't know if you just wanted to knee jerk react to my post or what, but I actually would be happy drafting Haskins and certainly wasn't bagging on him.

None of these QB prospects are perfect... everyone is gonna have their flavor. I watch about as much college ball as possible every Saturday. Not just my Gators. Not just SEC.
I don't just look at stats. And I don't get all in my feelings about any particular player really. I think Grier is the best QB prospect, I like Lock almost as much, and then there is Haskins.

Don't travel over to CBS Sports for Chris Trapasso's QB analysis if you're easily upset.
They have Haskins below Lock as well.... as the 5th QB in his stock watch article.

Not about feeling better about venting just informing. Those stats were just a piece of the bigger picture. I watch 4 quaterbacks very closely (Herbert, Grier, Haskins and Lock) so i do use my eyes. Another thing Haskins is not my QB 1. Grier is my QB1 i been pounding the table for him all season, check the Grier post.

I know A LOT of Ohio die yard fans and they all say their oline is definitely below average. Idk what your seeing when u say he strughles with pressure i dont see that. I see Lock struggle Greatly against pressure, the dude has a 56% comp rate, that is abysmal. I see lock make a couple good throws all game. Hes closer to gabbert than Gabbert visually and definitely stat wise.

Michigans defense was number 1 in almost every category. I do agree Bama and Georgias defense are maybe a little better but I think haskins wouldnt have a terrible game like Lock did.

The reason haskins isnt my QB1 is hes only done it for a year, he is in Urban Meyers system and i think Herbert and Grier have better accuracy and anticipation throws.

Grier and Herbert are head and shoulders above all QBs i wanna draft. But if they arent available I think haskins is a solid 3rd.

(11-28-2018, 12:05 PM)Jords808 Wrote:
(11-28-2018, 10:48 AM)Kane Wrote: Do you feel better now that you vented?

Not about feeling better about venting just informing. Those stats were just a piece of the bigger picture. I watch 4 quaterbacks very closely (Herbert, Grier, Haskins and Lock) so i do use my eyes. Another thing Haskins is not my QB 1. Grier is my QB1 i been pounding the table for him all season, check the Grier post.
Hey, Grier is my #1 guy too.

I know A LOT of Ohio die yard fans and they all say their oline is definitely below average. Idk what your seeing when u say he strughles with pressure i dont see that. I see Lock struggle Greatly against pressure, the dude has a 56% comp rate, that is abysmal. I see lock make a couple good throws all game. Hes closer to gabbert than Gabbert visually and definitely stat wise.
Yes, his line is trash, I said as much. Haskins plays against easier competition than Lock so he should be able to make more plays though (and statistically he does). I also think Haskins has a better supporting cast, including the defense. Also... I don't have Haskins way down my list he comes in riiiight behind Grier and Lock--and perhaps I shouldn't have listed Lock as 1b, because frankly I clearly rank Grier over him.

Michigans defense was number 1 in almost every category. I do agree Bama and Georgias defense are maybe a little better but I think haskins wouldnt have a terrible game like Lock did.
We're going to see exactly how Haskins looks against Bama and/or UGA (as well as Clemson, whose D is no slouch) I'm excited, he possibly could move up my all important board lol

The reason haskins isnt my QB1 is hes only done it for a year, he is in Urban Meyers system and i think Herbert and Grier have better accuracy and anticipation throws.
You make a great point here actually. Looking at QBs with less than 30ish starts is tough but less than 15 makes it even harder to evaluate truly. I think Haskins would actually benefit from staying in school like Herbert would, not in draft stock as they are both highly rated but in actual transitioning to the NFL.
With this, Lock is a 4 year guy, who has steadily improved his comp % over the years. And while this year he's been less than impressive, last year he had a very good season with TDs, INTs, and YPA. So with a better surrounding cast, perhaps his stats spike instead of plateau.

Grier and Herbert are head and shoulders above all QBs i wanna draft. But if they arent available I think haskins is a solid 3rd.
I wouldn't bat an eye if Haskins is drafted over Lock honestly.
Comments above

After our win today we are 9th at 4:42 PM

(12-02-2018, 05:42 PM)newporttom Wrote: After our win today we are 9th at 4:42 PM

Nice, hopefully we can win out