Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Guilty Pleasures Thread

Here's your chance to confess.

Whether it's binge watching a terrible reality TV series, putting way too much sugar in your coffee, or spending too much "work time" on a message board (wait a minute), we all have a few quirks that we know are "wrong." 

For instance:

If I notice leftover pizza in the fridge when just up in the morning making coffee, I'll eat a cold slice while the coffee's brewing. My girlfriend assures me this is disgusting. I remain unconvinced.

Another is when I'm traveling and end up with a day off on the road -  I'll sometimes find a movie theater and take in the latest corny action flick (or horror movie) replete with poorly written one liners. Eating way too much overly-buttered popcorn all the while. 

What are your guilty pleasures?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like ripping farts into our standing fan in the bedroom in the morning and ill wait to see the stench uppercut my wife's nostrils.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

An Olde Towne Tavern Steak and cheese sandwich (made with real steak) W/provolone cheese and grillied onions. Had one today
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Vanderpump Rules on Bravo.

THAT SHOW IS AWESOME!

I have no guilty pleasures. I like the things I like and I don't give a [BLEEP] what anyone else thinks. Those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter.

(12-20-2018, 02:24 PM)DragonFury Wrote: I have no guilty pleasures. I like the things I like and I don't give a [BLEEP] what anyone else thinks. Those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter.

So, K-Pop.

Got it. 

Banana Tongue

A guilty pleasure of mine used to be watching the Oscars, but I've lost interest the last few years.

Binge-watching stuff like Downton Abbey or The Good Wife would be a recent guilty pleasure, I guess. Or maybe watching rom-com chick-flicks like Crazy Rich Asians.

80's hair metal bands. God, it feels good to get that off my hairy exposed chest.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2018, 05:19 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I have lots of guilty pleasures. I like Godzilla movies (all of them), I watch South Park almost every day, I eat leftovers for breakfast whether it be pizza, fried chicken or egg rolls, I watch Riverdale even though I'm 47 years old. I listen to bands like Slipknot, Five Finger Death Punch and Ghost and I watch The Young and the Restless.

[Image: NO%20REGRET%20CAT%20XXL.jpg]

I like sitting out on our property (35 acres) in the woods next to a campfire sipping on some Woodford Reserve and doing absolutely nothing.  During that time I totally disconnect and don't even answer my cell phone, watch TV or start up my laptop.  As of matter of fact, that's what I'll be doing for the next 5 days once I leave work tomorrow.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I like listening to sappy songs on the rides to work in the morning and on the way home in the evening. Makes me more thankful to be alive and to have the time I still have with my family.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I love really terrible movies, probably more than really good movies. And I'm talking miserable ones like Birdemic and The Room, for example. A few weeks back there was this zombie movie (I can't think of the name) on one if the Cinemax channels that was fantastically bad. The plot was these people trying to get to a rave party on an island somewhere, and this island is infested with zombies. It was so terrible, I couldn't stop watching.

I've hit a stage in my life where I have no guilty pleasures. I own them all. I love the new Disney Cartoons all of them especially Wreck It Ralph but Frozen is a close second. I'm a sucker for heavy metal especially the ladies. Evenesence, The Pretty Reckless, Dorothy, In This Moment, Firefly, and especially Halestorm. I love bluegrass music. As for cold pizza for breakfast, sounds gross but it is the bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I quit smoking around 4/5 years ago but for whatever reason as soon as my lips touch alcohol I HAVE to smoke and I HAVE to smoke a lot.

I'll have no sober cravings at all but happily smoke 20 cigs in one night on the beer. A bad habit for sure but they go so well together

(12-20-2018, 08:47 PM)copycat Wrote: I've hit a stage in my life where I have no guilty pleasures.  I own them all.  I love the new Disney Cartoons all of them especially Wreck It Ralph but Frozen is a close second.  I'm a sucker for heavy metal especially the ladies.  Evenesence, The Pretty Reckless, Dorothy, In This Moment, Firefly, and especially Halestorm.  I love bluegrass music.  As for cold pizza for breakfast, sounds gross but it is the bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out the sequel. I took my niece and nephew the other day. It was fantastic. Even better than the first one.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2018, 11:16 PM by copycat.)

(12-20-2018, 10:17 PM)JackCity Wrote: I quit smoking around 4/5 years ago but for whatever reason as soon as my lips touch alcohol I HAVE to smoke and I HAVE to smoke a lot.  

I'll have no sober cravings at all but happily smoke 20 cigs in one night on the beer. A bad habit for sure but they go so well together

I was the same way for awhile after I quit smoking some 30 years ago give or take.  This passed for me without any fanfare or even realization.  One day while out with friends it dawned on that I was enjoying a beer and had no desire to smoke.  Hopefully the same thing happens for you.

(12-20-2018, 10:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-20-2018, 08:47 PM)copycat Wrote: I've hit a stage in my life where I have no guilty pleasures.  I own them all.  I love the new Disney Cartoons all of them especially Wreck It Ralph but Frozen is a close second.  I'm a sucker for heavy metal especially the ladies.  Evenesence, The Pretty Reckless, Dorothy, In This Moment, Firefly, and especially Halestorm.  I love bluegrass music.  As for cold pizza for breakfast, sounds gross but it is the bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out the sequel. I took my niece and nephew the other day. It was fantastic. Even better than the first one.

I can't wait.  Circumstances have prevented me from attending thus far but Monday is looking real good!  Thanks.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I'm not sure who is the bigger jackal.

NYC eating cold morning pizza or Caldrac farting all over his loved ones. Toss up.

(12-20-2018, 01:59 PM)The Drifter Wrote: An Olde Towne Tavern Steak and cheese sandwich (made with real steak) W/provolone cheese and  grillied onions.  Had one today

Made me snort laugh.

Kettle cooked potato chips with sea salt and vinegar. Preferably Cape Cod kettle cooked potato chips, but Lays aren't too bad either.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-21-2018, 08:46 AM)Rico Wrote: Kettle cooked potato chips with sea salt and vinegar.  Preferably Cape Cod kettle cooked potato chips, but Lays aren't too bad either.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I like those too. The cracked black pepper ones are decent.

Schwarzenegger movies. I know they're all real bad, but I love them. Also old kung fu flicks. And anime. I'm a pretty huge nerd in most aspects.