Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
GoFundMe - Trump's Wall

(01-26-2019, 04:59 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 03:49 PM)Sammy Wrote: Quote:    "At the time, Republicans controlled the House, and Democrats held the Senate. Obama had said he would veto any bill that defunded Obamacare. His veto threat and the Democratic-controlled Senate doomed any measure that undermined the fledgling health care program.

The House passed several bills that eliminated Obamacare funding, and the Senate kept stripping out those provisions."

https://www.politifact.com/facebook-fact...owns-same/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe not exactly the same, but close enough in my opinion.  I was present in DC during the 2013 Obama government shutdown (and the subsequent grand re-opening), I got to witness firsthand how hardheaded politicians can be. Still the same today. I can't believe sometimes how party lines divide our country. Politicians seem to covet personal winning more than the people they serve. How can we get them to work together for the better?

That was to continue an existing appropriation.

Well now, isn't that an entirely opposite thing. Or it could be extremely similar, just involving a different agenda.  Tongue

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2019, 09:00 PM by mikesez.)

(01-26-2019, 06:40 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-25-2019, 11:39 PM)mikesez Wrote: "Make this right?"
They don't owe him anything!
He can say no to them and they can say no to him.

Why then do you blame him for the shut down?

Sounds like you agree that he's just doing what he's allowed to do. Much like how Pelosi isn't negotiating in good faith.

I have a couple reasons for blaming him. the first is he said that he would take the blame for it.
Another is that the whole thing began before Pelosi got there.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-26-2019, 09:00 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 06:40 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Why then do you blame him for the shut down?

Sounds like you agree that he's just doing what he's allowed to do. Much like how Pelosi isn't negotiating in good faith.

I have a couple reasons for blaming him. the first is he said that he would take the blame for it.

He said that to make people believe he wasn’t going to back down. Do you really think that Pelosi doesn’t hold blame because Trump said he would accept all of it? His words justify her actions? Pelosi’s isnt negotiating. Trump is negotiating. In order to blame Trump exclusively, you have to believe he should just sign whatever is given to him, and you already said he doesn’t have to.

(01-26-2019, 09:00 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 06:40 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Why then do you blame him for the shut down?

Farther back than Trump too. Of course we can't ever take Obama at his words:

“We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked, and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently, and lawfully to become immigrants in this country.” 
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(01-27-2019, 09:52 AM)B2hibry Wrote:

I had seen part of Bennet's fake tears TDS performance, which made me roll my eyes. This is the first time I've watched Cruz's response. Nice.

(01-27-2019, 11:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I had seen part of Bennet's fake tears TDS performance, which made me roll my eyes. This is the first time I've watched Cruz's response. Nice.

I sympathize with Michael Bennett's frustration because Ted Cruz was truly a terrible person and a terrible Senator when he first got to Washington in 2013. he was trying to be as terrible as possible so that he could LeapFrog his way to the front of the presidential contest in 2016. although I don't think Trump is a good president, I do think Trump out-terribling him is poetic Justice.
and I do think Ted Cruz has learned his lesson and I do think he has been an effective senator since he quit campaigning for the presidency. He explains things well but doesn't try to be the purest unicorn in the bunch anymore.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-27-2019, 11:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I know it's incumbent upon Trump supporters to discount any show of emotion as "fake tears", but trust me when I say that Michael Bennet is not the type to get that heated. I'm sure he had what he was going to say planned out well in advance, but the emotion was raw. Not everyone who disagrees with you is faking it.

(01-28-2019, 01:03 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-27-2019, 11:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I had seen part of Bennet's fake tears TDS performance, which made me roll my eyes. This is the first time I've watched Cruz's response. Nice.

I know it's incumbent upon Trump supporters to discount any show of emotion as "fake tears", but trust me when I say that Michael Bennet is not the type to get that heated. I'm sure he had what he was going to say planned out well in advance, but the emotion was raw. Not everyone who disagrees with you is faking it.

If you say so.

(01-28-2019, 01:03 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-27-2019, 11:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I had seen part of Bennet's fake tears TDS performance, which made me roll my eyes. This is the first time I've watched Cruz's response. Nice.

You can go watch it instead of guessing. It was just as Cruz described. He was overly emotional (heated) but not on the topic. It was all generated and pointed across the isle, and then made it personal with Cruz. If his talk was well planned out, then he should retire. It was a mess of hate. In fact, it was Bennet who threw the "crocodile tears" comment at Cruz first and then went on a tirade. His tirade included comments on China and space, Russia and space, Communist popularity, hemorrhoids and herpes, and other off the wall stuff to deflect from issue at hand.

It's impossible to impute sleazy motives to Ted Cruz that aren't true. The guy has no soul.

You, of course, would kiss the butt of a scummy condo salesman who accused your father of being involved in the murder of John Kennedy and made derogatory comments about your wife? Just to make sure he wins a Senate race?

Cruz supporters are in a race with Trump supporters to see who can go the lowest and have no moral credibility whatsoever. Congratulations.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

^^^

[Image: 67401371.jpg]

Funny that Trump can't get 5.7 billion for a project that was authorized by Congress decades ago, yet Obama managed to find $150 billion to give to Iran with no oversight whatsoever.

(01-30-2019, 01:38 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Funny that Trump can't get 5.7 billion for a project that was authorized by Congress decades ago, yet Obama managed to find $150 billion to give to Iran with no oversight whatsoever.

Are you just pretending to be dense? It's so hard to tell.

It was their money.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.