Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
GoFundMe - Trump's Wall

(12-21-2018, 09:38 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 09:34 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's not what Trump said though. He never even eluded to such a thing.
Actually, that is exactly what he eluded to...

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-me...ca-2018-12

...article is from 2018, and is about things Trump said in 2018.  We were discussing what the man said in 2016.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2018, 10:34 AM by JaguarKick.)

Boy, imagine how many homeless veterans this money could provide for, since that is an argument Trump supporters and this administration itself raises in defense of treating foreigners like [BLEEP]. Or how many children this money could take care of that would otherwise have been aborted, for you pro-lifers out there.

Oh, that's right, you don't give two [BLEEP] about the actual people you claim to care about. You just want to hold some fantasyland moralistic high ground.

(12-21-2018, 09:38 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 09:34 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's not what Trump said though. He never even eluded to such a thing.
Actually, that is exactly what he eluded to...

It's "alluded to," for [BLEEP]'s sake.

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2018, 10:56 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(12-21-2018, 10:33 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Boy, imagine how many homeless veterans this money could provide for, since that is an argument Trump supporters and this administration itself raises in defense of treating foreigners like [BLEEP].  Or how many children this money could take care of that would otherwise have been aborted, for you pro-lifers out there.

Oh, that's right, you don't give two [BLEEP] about the actual people you claim to care about.  You just want to hold some fantasyland moralistic high ground.

You mean... like all liberals?

(12-21-2018, 10:33 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Boy, imagine how many homeless veterans this money could provide for, since that is an argument Trump supporters and this administration itself raises in defense of treating foreigners like [BLEEP].  Or how many children this money could take care of that would otherwise have been aborted, for you pro-lifers out there.

Oh, that's right, you don't give two [BLEEP] about the actual people you claim to care about.  You just want to hold some fantasyland moralistic high ground.
Imagine how many homeless veterans will become gainfully employed when we return fair competition to the labor market.
Oh that's right, you don't understand two [BLEEP] about basic economics.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2018, 11:01 AM by Kane.)

(12-20-2018, 05:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I won't give one red cent. Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall and now he wants our tax dollars to pay for it. He lied.......... again.  Let him use his personal funds to build it.

Someone in D.C. lied?

Get out!

lol

IN all reality, our tax dollars go to numerous wasteful things. And as long as the majority of it goes to welfare and warfare, and nation building, I ain't gonna [BLEEP] about a few billion going for a wall that will help deter illegal immigration, human trafficking, and drug running.
He did say Mexico would pay for it. Let's be real, they aren't sending us a check (only immigrants they don't want, well they were, until the Don cut a new deal)

If private citizens want to donate, I see no problem with it.
I won't be donating myself, but I'm just not rich enough to give more of what they already take lol

Trump is pulling troops from Syria and Afghanistan (that's a savings on money spent overseas)
He's already cut a lot of BS funding to countries that don't deserve it. And he's gotten America out of bad deals that were bad for our economy.

I'll give him a pass on the whole "Mexico is gonna pay for it"
cuz it still isn't as bad as "if you like your doctor and your coverage you can keep it"

(12-21-2018, 09:38 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Actually, that is exactly what he eluded to...

OK... so go donate your money to homeless vets.

Hell, if we're playing that game.
Imagine if all the football players, sports team owners, and movie stars gave up 25% of their money..... We could end world hunger.

lulz

(12-21-2018, 11:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Imagine how many homeless veterans will become gainfully employed when we return fair competition to the labor market.

Yeah, I'm sure farmers and meat packing plants are chomping at the bit to grab up all the PTSD afflicted homeless.  Get the [BLEEP] out of here with your "basic economics."

(12-21-2018, 11:10 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 11:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Imagine how many homeless veterans will become gainfully employed when we return fair competition to the labor market.

Yeah, I'm sure farmers and meat packing plants are chomping at the bit to grab up all the PTSD afflicted homeless.  Get the [BLEEP] out of here with your "basic economics."

Yeah, I'm sure they'll celebrate having to pay full wages to citizens instead of under the table cash to illegals. Get the [BLEEP] out of here with your bull [BLEEP].
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-21-2018, 08:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 07:53 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Obviously there is no illegal immigration from Canada. 

Unless you count those damn geese.  

They're everywhere- crapping all over the golf courses, sauntering around, holding up traffic like they own the road.   We need to put up a big net across the Canadian border to keep them out.

I don’t think they even ever go back to Canada now...they’re here all the time!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(12-21-2018, 10:07 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 09:38 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Actually, that is exactly what he eluded to...

...article is from 2018, and is about things Trump said in 2018.  We were discussing what the man said in 2016.
Feel free to Google further and you’ll find additional articles further back. Honestly, who really gives a [BLEEP] what he said or how one group interprets it. It sounds like a party deflection. The wall is there, it requires improvements, it is a piece of immigration reform, and a piece of national security policy. It will get funded.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(12-21-2018, 12:16 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 08:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Unless you count those damn geese.  

They're everywhere- crapping all over the golf courses, sauntering around, holding up traffic like they own the road.   We need to put up a big net across the Canadian border to keep them out.

I don’t think they even ever go back to Canada now...they’re here all the time!

It's all the damn Anchor Goslings.

I don't understand why there's no middle ground on this wall issue. Trump says, "Build a wall." Dems say, "No."

But correct me if I'm wrong, there is a partial wall there already in places. It seems like the smart thing to do is evaluate, where do we need to extend the wall a little, and just appropriate improvements as we go along. Not $5 billion worth. Just a few hundred million here and there, where it's actually needed.

This $5 billion wall is just a political stunt, and saying "No" without offering an alternative is also a political stunt.

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2018, 12:51 PM by B2hibry.)

Do you know how many programs currently exist that support disbled and homeless vets? A crap ton. In fact, you can contribute through a local VA coordinator here: https://www.va.gov/homeless/stakeholders.asp
Resources are not the issue. It is getting the individuals to seek the help they need. Pride and mental illness gets in the way.

Glad you caught the “eluded to” sarcasm for [BLEEP] sake!

(12-21-2018, 11:10 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 11:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Imagine how many homeless veterans will become gainfully employed when we return fair competition to the labor market.

What’s wrong with hiring a homeless man or woman with PTSD that is willing and able to work?
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2018, 01:41 PM by mikesez.)

(12-21-2018, 12:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 11:10 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Yeah, I'm sure farmers and meat packing plants are chomping at the bit to grab up all the PTSD afflicted homeless.  Get the [BLEEP] out of here with your "basic economics."

Yeah, I'm sure they'll celebrate having to pay full wages to citizens instead of under the table cash to illegals. Get the [BLEEP] out of here with your bull [BLEEP].

I'm not sure what the two of you are disagreeing about. you both seem to agree that farmers and meat Packers don't want to hire US citizens. Do you want to change that, and if so how would you change it?

(12-21-2018, 01:07 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 12:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yeah, I'm sure they'll celebrate having to pay full wages to citizens instead of under the table cash to illegals. Get the [BLEEP] out of here with your bull [BLEEP].

I'm not sure what the two of you are disagreeing about. Family send their kids to you both seem to agree that farmers and meat Packers don't want to hire US citizens. Do you want to change that, and if so how would you change it?

#1. Eliminate the supply of cheap, illegal, foreign labor. Once that's done we can discuss other methods, but illegal competition has to go.

(12-20-2018, 11:23 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-20-2018, 11:01 PM)copycat Wrote: Then enlighten me as to my false assumptions please and show me the errors of my way.

I don't "support this undocumented worker abuse."
I think we need fencing and other things to prevent illegal crossing. But a wall doesn't add value compared to a fence.
I think we should allow increased legal immigration as long as unemployment is low.  And it's low now. If unemployment gets higher, reduce, and don't renew the visas of those here now.
I think if we did this, made our policy responsive to the actual job market, there would be less inclination for people to try to come over and get a job illegally.
And I don't want any workers that have to simultaneously avoid the cops and the tax man.  If you work here, pay our taxes.

But that is a byproduct of accepting illegal workers coming across the border.  You can't have one without the other.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(12-21-2018, 01:38 PM)copycat Wrote:
(12-20-2018, 11:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: I don't "support this undocumented worker abuse."
I think we need fencing and other things to prevent illegal crossing. But a wall doesn't add value compared to a fence.
I think we should allow increased legal immigration as long as unemployment is low.  And it's low now. If unemployment gets higher, reduce, and don't renew the visas of those here now.
I think if we did this, made our policy responsive to the actual job market, there would be less inclination for people to try to come over and get a job illegally.
And I don't want any workers that have to simultaneously avoid the cops and the tax man.  If you work here, pay our taxes.

But that is a byproduct of accepting illegal workers coming across the border.  You can't have one without the other.

Who said I wanted to "accept illegal workers"?
I think it's a terrible situation that people are doing jobs here when the law says they shouldn't be doing jobs here.

It depresses wages, because they won't go to the police when they are offered less than minimum wage or forced to work overtime without pay.
It endangers them, because they won't go to the police when someone threatens them or robs them.
It increases government debt, because they don't pay their full share of taxes 

Simply doing a blanket amnesty fixes all of those problems.  Now they work in the open and pay taxes.  The only reason not to do a blanket amnesty is that it will encourage even more people to come in the coming years.  So I don't favor a big amnesty, though some people should be able to pay back taxes and get legal status afterwards.  We should also be deporting many others.

Mainly, if we simply allow employers to legally bring in extra people while unemployment is low, we won't have any of those problems.

(12-21-2018, 01:50 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 01:38 PM)copycat Wrote: But that is a byproduct of accepting illegal workers coming across the border.  You can't have one without the other.

Who said I wanted to "accept illegal workers"?
I think it's a terrible situation that people are doing jobs here when the law says they shouldn't be doing jobs here.

It depresses wages, because they won't go to the police when they are offered less than minimum wage or forced to work overtime without pay.
It endangers them, because they won't go to the police when someone threatens them or robs them.

Simply doing a blanket amnesty fixes all of those problems.  Now they work in the open and pay taxes.  The only reason not to do a blanket amnesty is that it will encourage even more people to come in the coming years.  So I don't favor a big amnesty, though some people should be able to pay back taxes and get legal status afterwards.  We should also be deporting many others.

Mainly, if we simply allow employers to legally bring in extra people while unemployment is low, we won't have any of those problems.

You know a lot of what you said is factually incorrect?

Every single Hispanic worker at my nursery is in this country illegally. And every single one of them has enough paperwork so that my company can pretend they don't know they are illegal.
Every single one of them pays taxes out of their checks, and they all get a tax return, much like many of you people do.
They don't go to the police when people attack them? The also don't appear in court when cops give them a notice to appear (because they aren't actually here)

Blanket amnesty?
Let's do a blanket deportation.

Pick em up, habla englash? no?
byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

One thing that sucks about immigration to the US for other countries..

If we keep taking the best and brightest from the worst countries on Earth... how are those countries ever going to improve?

(12-21-2018, 02:06 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 01:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: Who said I wanted to "accept illegal workers"?

You know a lot of what you said is factually incorrect?

Every single Hispanic worker at my nursery is in this country illegally. And every single one of them has enough paperwork so that my company can pretend they don't know they are illegal.
Every single one of them pays taxes out of their checks, and they all get a tax return, much like many of you people do.
They don't go to the police when people attack them? The also don't appear in court when cops give them a notice to appear (because they aren't actually here)

Blanket amnesty?

Some of them pay taxes and some of them don't.
I chose to focus on the ones that aren't paying taxes cuz I see them as the bigger problem, and then you're going to turn around and bash me as factually incorrect because some of them do pay taxes?

Plus you're contradicting yourself.
Are you trying to tell me that the nursery workers don't speak English? the idea that we would just go around and round up brown people who don't speak English, and drop them off on the other side of the Rio grande, is disgusting. If that's what you're suggesting, I would rather deport you, than them.

(12-21-2018, 03:16 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 02:06 PM)Kane Wrote: You know a lot of what you said is factually incorrect?

Blanket amnesty?

Some of them pay taxes and some of them don't.
I chose to focus on the ones that aren't paying taxes cuz I see them as the bigger problem, and then you're going to turn around and bash me as factually incorrect because some of them do pay taxes?

Plus you're contradicting yourself.
Are you trying to tell me that the nursery workers don't speak English? the idea that we would just go around and round up brown people who don't speak English, and drop them off on the other side of the Rio grande, is disgusting. If that's what you're suggesting, I would rather deport you, than them.

Who cares what you would rather as it pertains to his rights?