Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Daniel Jones QB Duke

(12-28-2018, 01:10 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 11:54 AM)Upper Wrote: At the very least, Jones will go in the late 1st to a team who wants to trade up to get the 5th year option. And over the course of the pre draft festivities he could rise considerably higher than that.

I can maybe see a team trading up to the tail end of round one after that last game where Jones put on a hell of a show, but I do think that's his ceiling, and that he still could easily fall to round three.  I tend to think Ryan Finlay is taken ahead of Jones, and a guy like Thorson or Stidham could go ahead of Jones as well. Any one of these names, along with Grier, could easily find themselves taken during the last several picks in round one. 

Personally, I am not a fan of any of those guys. Jones had one really good game against a mediocre team in a nationally televised bowl, but for the season, he has been inconsistent and frankly, not very accurate. Remind you of anyone? Finlay has a "noodle arm." He lacks velocity on any of his throws and is an average college QB at best. Stidham can't consistently move the ball downfield. He's just not the type of QB who is gonna put a lot of points on the board. Why we entered the draft early, is beyond me. I see a backup at best. Even in a bad QB class, I don't expect him to be taken before round 4 and Thorson is a turnover machine. His interception to touchdown ration has consistently gotten worse over the past two seasons. In that time, he has 30 TD's and 26 INT's. and he has never broken 60% completions. I honestly don't think he even gets drafted. Maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't waste a draft pick on him. Outside of Haskins, Lock and Grier, I really don't see anyone with any potential starting skills.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018, 04:15 PM by Upper.)

https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1079832217159913472

I wouldn't hate him being the target of a trade up into the late 1st to get the 5th round option, but it sounds like he will go significantly higher than that. It would be just like our FO to take him at 7...

(12-31-2018, 04:14 PM)Upper Wrote: https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1079832217159913472

I wouldn't hate him being the target of a trade up into the late 1st to get the 5th round option, but it sounds like he will go significantly higher than that. It would be just like our FO to take him at 7...

Has the Manning connection for Tom and 'looks like a QB" too. Too perfect.

Going to have to do more research on this guy...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

If we select him, I'm taking a break from the NFL. This kid's first year starting, was his best season. He completed 62.8% of his passes. Since then, he can't crack 60%. I see bust written all over him.

Thorson is Tanner Lee in fancier packaging.

Ryan Finley doesnt have the required arm strength for nfl throws.

Daniel Jones has a lot to like, prostyle qb, multi year atartwr, well coached but lacks the physical tools to sell the farm for.

Haskins is the guy i like the most. Has the arm, the accuracy, the touch, the size, can make reads, ive seen him break down film. Personally hes the only qb in this class that could be ready to play week 1
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

https://www.lockedonjaguars.com/jaguars/...iel-jones/

The more tape I watch on Jones... the more impressed I become. Especially with the connection to the Mannings.

I think we draft him in the 1st if Haskins isn't there. there is A LOT to like. He doesn't have the arm haskins does; but it seems like that's in the form of "zip" on passes, i've seen him air it out 45-50 yards on a dime several times watching tape. Kid can make full field reads, makes presnap reads well, goes through progressions, navigates the pocket well, has the arm to make every throw, has great touch on his passes, is accurate, multi year starter, great on the play action, moves safeties with his eyes etc. This kid is very good and I think he can win with this roster right now if we return our injured starters.

(sorry for "double post" but it's been a week and no one else had anything to add on the topic)
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Daniel Jones looks like Bortles but without the bad throwing motion.  He runs like him, same height, weight, % completion, almost same looking face in the helmet.

Trash

(01-07-2019, 06:25 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:

Daniel Jones looks like Bortles but without the bad throwing motion.  He runs like him, same height, weight, % completion, almost same looking face in the helmet.

Lol I see the facial resemblance too

Jags move ahead of NY to take Daniel Jones.. NY takes Haskins.. Book it..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-07-2019, 10:43 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Jags move ahead of NY to take Daniel Jones.. NY takes Haskins.. Book it..

That would set us back another 5 years.

(01-07-2019, 10:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 10:43 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Jags move ahead of NY to take Daniel Jones.. NY takes Haskins.. Book it..

5 if lucky..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-07-2019, 10:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

People keep saying this. Gabbert set us back 3 years only. Blake played 5 years because he won multiple playoff games. 5 years is an extreme case if you draft a bust at QB

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2019, 03:31 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-08-2019, 02:14 AM)JNev Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 10:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That would set us back another 5 years.

People keep saying this. Gabbert set us back 3 years only. Blake played 5 years because he won multiple playoff games. 5 years is an extreme case if you draft a bust at QB

5 years, 3 years, it doesn't matter. I don't wanna be set back, period. We need an accurate passer and a guy who has never broken the 60% completion mark isn't it.

(01-08-2019, 03:31 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 02:14 AM)JNev Wrote: People keep saying this. Gabbert set us back 3 years only. Blake played 5 years because he won multiple playoff games. 5 years is an extreme case if you draft a bust at QB

5 years, 3 years, it doesn't matter. I don't wanna be set back, period. We need an accurate passer and a guy who has never broken the 60% completion mark isn't it.

You dont know what youre talking about. Jomes had a 63% completion % as a freshmen. And a 60.5% completion % this year. The only year he dropped below the 60% threshhold was his sophomore year where he played through a broken collarbone.

Keep in mind Duke was ravaged by injuries and didnt surround him with premier talent so drops and a lesser catch radius are a factor. Regardless to say hes "never cracked 60%" is the epitome of ignorance
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(01-08-2019, 09:06 AM)Firesky Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 03:31 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 5 years, 3 years, it doesn't matter. I don't wanna be set back, period. We need an accurate passer and a guy who has never broken the 60% completion mark isn't it.

You dont know what youre talking about.  Jomes had a 63% completion % as a freshmen. And a 60.5% completion % this year. The only year he dropped below the 60% threshhold was his sophomore year where he played through a broken collarbone.

Keep in mind Duke was ravaged by injuries and didnt surround him with premier talent so drops and a lesser catch radius are a factor. Regardless to say hes "never cracked 60% since" is the epitome of ignorance

Hes looked better and better every year and every game. For all the people comparimg him to Bortles.. hes already miles better at presnap reads, going through progressions, makomg smart decisions etc. Not to mention his throwing motion/mechanics are superior as well. I think he ends up being what Teddy Bridgewater was SUPPOSED to be. Hes a perfect fit for what we wamt to do offensively and would mesh very well with what few perssonnel we have on O.

Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(01-08-2019, 09:06 AM)Firesky Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 03:31 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 5 years, 3 years, it doesn't matter. I don't wanna be set back, period. We need an accurate passer and a guy who has never broken the 60% completion mark isn't it.

You dont know what youre talking about.  Jomes had a 63% completion % as a freshmen. And a 60.5% completion % this year. The only year he dropped below the 60% threshhold was his sophomore year where he played through a broken collarbone.

Keep in mind Duke was ravaged by injuries and didnt surround him with premier talent so drops and a lesser catch radius are a factor. Regardless to say hes "never cracked 60%" is the epitome of ignorance

Actually, it was 62.8% his freshman year, so I was wrong, but that's still pretty pedestrian. If you have to go back to his freshman season to find a year he cracked 60% that is not good. That is not the sign of a first round QB. No excuses. If we miss out on Haskins and wait until the second round or later to draft a QB then all bets are off. I won't complain, because we could still use our first round pick in 2020 and sign a veteran to keep us going. Using a first round pick on a QB like Jones would set this team back significantly though.

Well Jones is playing in the Senior Bowl. If he has a good week, he could push himself up into the first round and possibly near the top of the first round.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(12-27-2018, 03:53 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-27-2018, 03:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He needs to stay in school. I don't get the hype?

He's tall, white and is coached by the guy who coached Peyton+Eli and has linked up with both of them. So naturally the media is very friendly to him

So this explains the gross exaggerations of Haskins...
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."