Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Daniel Jones QB Duke

(01-24-2019, 07:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 07:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't know. I saw a lot of mocks that had Jones as a first rounder and Lock as an early second rounder. I think that's gonna change.

They're mock drafts lol. Of course they're going to change. Then they'll change again 35 more times before the actual draft gets here.

Mine already has some major changes after watching the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl and the East-West Shrine game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2019, 09:32 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Never been a fan of Jones, give me Grier, Lock, Murray, and Haskins all over Jones

(01-24-2019, 09:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 07:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote: They're mock drafts lol. Of course they're going to change. Then they'll change again 35 more times before the actual draft gets here.

Mine already has some major changes after watching the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl and the East-West Shrine game.

We still got the Combine and Pro days. Still plenty of changes to come.

(01-24-2019, 09:36 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 09:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Mine already has some major changes after watching the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl and the East-West Shrine game.

We still got the Combine and Pro days. Still plenty of changes to come.

Agreed.

(01-24-2019, 09:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Never been a fan of Jones, give me Grier, Lock, Murray, and Haskins all over Jones

I like Jones and could even see him going early like #7, but I agree he's not better than those other names you listed.

I currently have them 1. Haskins 2. Grier 3. Murray 4. Lock 5. Jones ...then there's a drop off to Findley, Stidham, and maybe that Tyree Jackson guy from Buffalo. That said it's all rather even between 2 and 5 wherein somebody is going to be there at the tail end of round one to trade up and get with the 5th year option.

Grier is a guy I never quite understood why he had a supposed 2nd round grade. I figured it must be his arm strength like some reports were saying, but seeing him throw that 66 mph fastball makes me think that's not even an issue. The more I watch Grier, he's got a similar pocket presence to Haskins with the ability to feel and avoid pressure, he can pretty much make every throw, and he's intelligent showing the ability to go through his reads. I don't really notice anything watching him that I feel like panning him for. The only thing might be that his deeper passes could use more touch.
'02

(01-25-2019, 12:43 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 09:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Never been a fan of Jones, give me Grier, Lock, Murray, and Haskins all over Jones

I like Jones and could even see him going early like #7, but I agree he's not better than those other names you listed.

I currently have them 1. Haskins 2. Grier 3. Murray 4. Lock 5. Jones ...then there's a drop off to Findley, Stidham, and maybe that Tyree Jackson guy from Buffalo. That said it's all rather even between 2 and 5 wherein somebody is going to be there at the tail end of round one to trade up and get with the 5th year option.

Grier is a guy I never quite understood why he had a supposed 2nd round grade. I figured it must be his arm strength like some reports were saying, but seeing him throw that 66 mph fastball makes me think that's not even an issue. The more I watch Grier, he's got a similar pocket presence to Haskins with the ability to feel and avoid pressure, he can pretty much make every throw, and he's intelligent showing the ability to go through his reads. I don't really notice anything watching him that I feel like panning him for. The only thing might be that his deeper passes could use more touch.
Daniel Jeremiah was saying that in all of the meetings he was in over the years as a scout discussing QB prospects, arm strength as it relates to the radar clocked speed of a QB's passes came up only once.

There was also speculation on NFLN that the QBs may slide some because so many QBs were taken last year and teams will try to get them later.  I think there may be something to that, but I wouldn't risk it too much.

I'm looking at Cincinnati with a new coach and an older QB that has never won a playoff game, and Washington who is hopeful Smith will return from his horrific injury among the mid first round teams that could take a "sliding" signal caller.  There are teams picking in the late first round like New Orleans, the Chargers, the Packers and the Patriots that could take a signal caller to replace their aging vets.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2019, 07:27 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

This thread is fun

Who would of ever thought Jones and Minchew would be the 2 best QBs from this class.

(09-22-2019, 07:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This thread is fun

Who would of ever thought Jones and Minchew would be the 2 best QBs from this class.

Clearly not you. 

Also -  WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too early to crown either player.

Gettleman getting Jones right would be one of the funniest storylines this year after getting clowned by everyone (especially myself).

It's extremely rare for a rookie QB to have a game better than anything he did in college, and especially in his debut

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2019, 07:19 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-22-2019, 10:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Clearly not you. 

You neither, i dont think anyone did. Says the guy that has crowned Chark already lol

I love Minshew but I would trade him in a heartbeat for Murray.

You're crowing Jones already?

(09-23-2019, 12:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

I love Minshew but I would trade him in a heartbeat for Murray.

You're crowing Jones already?

Not sure what you mean by crowing but i do think he is the franchise QB they wanted

(09-23-2019, 07:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 10:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Clearly not you. 

You neither, i dont think anyone did.  Says the guy that has crowned Chark already lol

Clearly you can't read for [BLEEP]. 
You should go revisit my posts about Chark. 
I certainly didn't say anything as premature as you just said about Jones. (one of best 2 in his class)

TwitterScoutsTM always have trash QB analysis. Always. They only hit on the broken clock picks.

1. Fall in love with QB (see: Haskins)
2. Get tunnel vision, spew hyperbole
3. Bet the farm on your guy so you can say you "called it"
4. Double down, deflect, ad hominem etc. when it doesn't actually pan out
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Olines picture says everything about his analysis...lol
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.