Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hakeem Butler

(12-29-2018, 07:44 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 04:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No, it's not. O-Line is. We've had this discussion before.

Yep, and I still say it's an ok oline. We were in the low top 10 range in 2017 for oline ranks according to three different grading sites. And until Wells got hurt our oline was passable even with Robinson hurt last year. Add Robinson back, add what we all liked about Richardson, and add one decent LT/RG (depending where Robinson winds up) and we're fine. Our WR corps are not fine with Dede + trash.

Robinson is not that good, he is serviceable and an upgrade over what we had at LT in the recent past, but he's barely average and now he's coming off of an injury. Me and some others might have liked Richardson in college, but that's certainly no guarantee he'll be a good pro. Besides that, he barely got any playing time before being placed on I.R. and you want to make him an automatic starter? Robinson has never played OG and neither has Richardson. If we go by what the coaching staff told us over and over when they were drafted, both were drafted to be OT's only. That leaves a huge gap at RG, a center who is coming off a season ending injury who has always had problem staying healthy, a high priced LG who played poorly before being placed on I.R. and two starting OT's coming off season ending injuries (assuming we even keep Parnell.) That's not fine! That's not even close to being fine. As far as the WR's we will be getting Lee back (he's a solid, but not great slot receiver), Westbrook and Chark (who was a second round pick with big play abilities which were not used, because we didn't have the QB to throw the ball downfield.) That should change next season. Would it be ideal to add another WR? Of course, no one is disputing that, but an offense is only as good as it's O-Line. At best, our line is like "the walking dead." At least one starter will be gone (Cann) and the other 4 are coming off season ending injuries. If that isn't a HUGE red flag, I don't know what is.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My point has nuance too. We need a WR1 more than we need oline, but we need oline more than we need another WR2/3. So say we miss out on QB in the first round I would rather have Metcalf than Williams, but if we go QB first then I might rather have an oline than the second or third tier of WRs.

(12-29-2018, 09:01 PM)Upper Wrote: My point has nuance too. We need a WR1 more than we need oline, but we need oline more than we need another WR2/3. So say we miss out on QB in the first round I would rather have Metcalf than Williams, but if we go QB first then I might rather have an oline than the second or third tier of WRs.

If we miss out on Haskins in the first, I am on record of either trading down or if we can't, taking the BAP. If you're in the top 10, you just can't use a pick on pure need unless it's for a QB. I believe Jonah Williams will be gone. He's the only O-Linemen I would even consider at #9. There are no WR's I would consider as top 20 overall players in this draft, much less top 10. If we are stuck at #9 and Haskins is gone, as much as fans won't like it, we have to go BAP, even if that means taking another defensive player. I still believe Christian Wilkins would make sense to pair next to Taven Bryan on the inside. Hopefully, we won't have to though and ideally we can either draft Haskins or Jonah Williams falls to us. If neither happens, maybe we can at least trade down and fill some kind of major need, but if none of that falls into place, we have to take an impact player. Even if that means going defense and using the rest of the picks on the offensive side of the football. Besides, I believe there will still be some good WR's to be had in that 3rd to 4th round area. Three guys that intrigue me quite a bit are Keelan Doss of U.C. Davis, Gary Jennings Jr. of West Virginia and KeeSean Johnson of Fresno State. I believe all could help this team.

I think you need to watch more Metcalf then. Josh Gordon with a head that is screwed on right is worth a top 10 pick.

(12-29-2018, 09:28 PM)Upper Wrote: I think you need to watch more Metcalf then. Josh Gordon with a head that is screwed on right is worth a top 10 pick.

I've seen Metcalf. I like him, but he's not a top 20 player in this draft.

(12-29-2018, 09:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 09:01 PM)Upper Wrote: My point has nuance too. We need a WR1 more than we need oline, but we need oline more than we need another WR2/3. So say we miss out on QB in the first round I would rather have Metcalf than Williams, but if we go QB first then I might rather have an oline than the second or third tier of WRs.

If we miss out on Haskins in the first, I am on record of either trading down or if we can't, taking the BAP. If you're in the top 10, you just can't use a pick on pure need unless it's for a QB. I believe Jonah Williams will be gone. He's the only O-Linemen I would even consider at #9. There are no WR's I would consider as top 20 overall players in this draft, much less top 10. If we are stuck at #9 and Haskins is gone, as much as fans won't like it, we have to go BAP, even if that means taking another defensive player. I still believe Christian Wilkins would make sense to pair next to Taven Bryan on the inside. Hopefully, we won't have to though and ideally we can either draft Haskins or Jonah Williams falls to us. If neither happens, maybe we can at least trade down and fill some kind of major need, but if none of that falls into place, we have to take an impact player. Even if that means going defense and using the rest of the picks on the offensive side of the football. Besides, I believe there will still be some good WR's to be had in that 3rd to 4th round area. Three guys that intrigue me quite a bit are Keelan Doss of U.C. Davis, Gary Jennings Jr. of West Virginia and KeeSean Johnson of Fresno State. I believe all could help this team.
I expect the Jaguars to be picking either 6th or 7th. The Bills, Giants and Bucs all have a good chance of winning tomorrow. If this happens, Haskins should be a Jaguar
next season. I do agree with you that Jonah Williams would be my 2nd choice by far. Guys like Lock and Grier are way too iffy to take that high.

(12-30-2018, 12:21 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 09:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If we miss out on Haskins in the first, I am on record of either trading down or if we can't, taking the BAP. If you're in the top 10, you just can't use a pick on pure need unless it's for a QB. I believe Jonah Williams will be gone. He's the only O-Linemen I would even consider at #9. There are no WR's I would consider as top 20 overall players in this draft, much less top 10. If we are stuck at #9 and Haskins is gone, as much as fans won't like it, we have to go BAP, even if that means taking another defensive player. I still believe Christian Wilkins would make sense to pair next to Taven Bryan on the inside. Hopefully, we won't have to though and ideally we can either draft Haskins or Jonah Williams falls to us. If neither happens, maybe we can at least trade down and fill some kind of major need, but if none of that falls into place, we have to take an impact player. Even if that means going defense and using the rest of the picks on the offensive side of the football. Besides, I believe there will still be some good WR's to be had in that 3rd to 4th round area. Three guys that intrigue me quite a bit are Keelan Doss of U.C. Davis, Gary Jennings Jr. of West Virginia and KeeSean Johnson of Fresno State. I believe all could help this team.
I expect the Jaguars to be picking either 6th or 7th. The Bills, Giants and Bucs all have a good chance of winning tomorrow. If this happens, Haskins should be a Jaguar
next season. I do agree with you that Jonah Williams would be my 2nd choice by far. Guys like Lock and Grier are way too iffy to take that high.

That would be ideal, but I see no way the Giants beat the Cowboys.

The way I see it we can't justify drafting a WR in the 1st 3 rounds this year. We signed Lee to a deal that dictates he get a large amount of playing time, we drafted a WR in the 2nd round last year, so he needs to be on the field, and Westbrook is a hell of a player so I want to see him on the field as often as possible. That leaves not much room for a highly drafted WR on this roster

(12-29-2018, 09:28 PM)Upper Wrote: I think you need to watch more Metcalf then. Josh Gordon with a head that is screwed on right is worth a top 10 pick.

I think Metcalf is my favorite WR prospect since Amari Cooper.  Metcalf has the make up to be an elite WR.  If for some reason we dont take a QB in the first and Jonah Williams is off the board, Metcalf would be my next guy.

Metcalf is my guy even if Williams is on the board.

Lil'Jordan or bust!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(12-31-2018, 05:28 PM)Dimson Wrote: Lil'Jordan or bust!

Hasn't declared for the draft, but an intriguing guy.

If we develop an offense that isn't reliant on the TE as a receiver I have no issues drafting a WR before a TE.
But QB and RG/RT absolutely should be first, right?
If Butler is there at the top of round 3, I'd probably call it a steal.

(12-31-2018, 06:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 05:28 PM)Dimson Wrote: Lil'Jordan or bust!

Hasn't declared for the draft, but an intriguing guy.

Love his combination of size and athleticism.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Butler declared for the draft today. He's probably my favorite in the class right now.

We HAVE to get this kid. 

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend