Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Drew Lock - QB

(12-30-2018, 12:23 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 11:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If I did put Jackson on the roster, it would be to try him as a WR. I wouldn't waste a spot on Allen. He has no versatility to play other positions.

What evidence do you have that Lamar can play receiver? When have you seen his routes/hands?

I said I would TRY him at WR, IF I put Jackson on the roster. Trying him there, means you would do it to see if he could play WR. If he couldn't you cut him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-30-2018, 12:23 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 11:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If I did put Jackson on the roster, it would be to try him as a WR. I wouldn't waste a spot on Allen. He has no versatility to play other positions.

What evidence do you have that Lamar can play receiver? When have you seen his routes/hands?

I think in his perfect NFL there would be about 15 total players.

Why did this turn into Jackson vs Allen. Back to the topic.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2018, 01:57 AM by JackCity.)

(12-30-2018, 12:47 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 12:23 AM)JackCity Wrote: What evidence do you have that Lamar can play receiver? When have you seen his routes/hands?

I said I would TRY him at WR, IF I put Jackson on the roster. Trying him there, means you would do it to see if he could play WR. If he couldn't you cut him.

Ok, why would you even have Lamar on your roster over receivers who have been playing there for years?

(12-30-2018, 01:17 AM)surfon Wrote: Why did this turn into Jackson vs Allen.  Back to the topic.

Flgators got defensive when I said I didn't think Lock was good and brogfht up Lamar (the 2nd best rookie QB this year by far )

(12-30-2018, 01:56 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 12:47 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I said I would TRY him at WR, IF I put Jackson on the roster. Trying him there, means you would do it to see if he could play WR. If he couldn't you cut him.

Ok, why would you even have Lamar on your roster over receivers who have been playing there for years?

(12-30-2018, 01:17 AM)surfon Wrote: Why did this turn into Jackson vs Allen.  Back to the topic.

Flgators got defensive when I said I didn't think Lock was good and brogfht up Lamar (the 2nd best rookie QB this year by far )

I wouldn't. That's why I said IF I had him on my roster. I think I established a few posts ago that I don't want Jackson, period. I certainly wouldn't want him as a QB. I've said over and over I HATE running QB's. I'm old school. I believe QB's are there to throw and if you're not good at the main thing I want you to do, (pass the ball,) I want nothing to do with you. I could care less what kind of runner he is. I have RB's for that. IF I had Jackson on my roster, it would be in the preseason, to give him a chance to show he can be a WR. If he can't, I cut him. Simple as that.

Lock and Mizzou play Oklahoma State later today. Oklahoma State's pass defense is 108th in yards allowed and 95th in passing efficiency as a defense. He should have a great game.

For some reason I have a feeling Lock is the QB we draft. Although it wouldn't shock me if the Giants draft him right before our pick and we end up drafting Grier which is my top guy

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018, 07:24 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-31-2018, 03:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: For some reason I have a feeling Lock is the QB we draft.  Although it wouldn't shock me if the Giants draft him right before our pick and we end up drafting Grier which is my top guy

I believe the Giants take Haskins, we take Jonah Williams, as the BAP at #7. Denver takes Daniel Jones at #10, Washington takes Lock at #15 and Grier falls to us in round 2.

(12-31-2018, 03:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 03:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: For some reason I have a feeling Lock is the QB we draft.  Although it wouldn't shock me if the Giants draft him right before our pick and we end up drafting Grier which is my top guy

I believe the Giants take Haskins, we take Jonah Williams, as the BAP at #7. Washington takes Lock at #15 and Grier falls to us in round 2.

Talk about dream scenario.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(12-31-2018, 05:25 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 03:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I believe the Giants take Haskins, we take Jonah Williams, as the BAP at #7. Washington takes Lock at #15 and Grier falls to us in round 2.

Talk about dream scenario.

Agreed, couldnt ask for a better 2 rounds

(12-31-2018, 05:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 05:25 PM)Dimson Wrote: Talk about dream scenario.

Agreed, couldnt ask for a better 2 rounds

Lock and Haskins are playing in their bowl game and Grier didn't. You still want him on the Jaguars after he left his teammates hanging.   Pass

(12-31-2018, 06:36 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 05:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed, couldnt ask for a better 2 rounds

Lock and Haskins are playing in their bowl game and Grier didn't. You still want him on the Jaguars after he left his teammates hanging.   Pass

I didn't say I wanted him. I want Haskins, but if we can't have him, I would settle for Lock or Grier and be fine. I just don't want Daniel Jones or Ryan Finley.

(12-31-2018, 06:36 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Lock and Haskins are playing in their bowl game and Grier didn't. You still want him on the Jaguars after he left his teammates hanging.   Pass

Christian McCaffrey sat out his bowl game.  Would you pass on him as well?  I dont blame any top draft pick for sitting out.  Not worth the risk.

Drew Lock struggling with pressure in this bowl game against Oklahoma St. He scares me as a first rounder. He obviously has all the tools but he didnt come up big against quality opponents. And I'm not sure he does great when he doesnt have a clean pocket. Having a QB who can move in the pocket, sense pressure, and still make big time throws is so important in the NFL. Maybe Lock was hindered with a terrible Oline or didnt have great offensive weapons around him and once he gets in the NFL he'll flourish. Or maybe he just needs time to learn how to play under pressure and as he grows as a player, that won't be such a weakness. It's just the risk you take drafting a guy with flaws. Can he overcome them. Impossible to know.

As I say this he just throws a bomb down the sidelines for a TD. Great deep ball. Guy obviously has the physical talent you want.

Andrew Luck
Drew Lock

Very similar. We need to draft this guy

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018, 07:46 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-31-2018, 06:36 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 05:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed, couldnt ask for a better 2 rounds

Do you think Jaylon Smith and Jake Butt made the right decisions to play in their bowl games?

(12-31-2018, 07:41 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Andrew Luck
Drew      Lock

Very similar. We need to draft this guy

Hes good and worthy of a top 10 pick

(12-31-2018, 07:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 06:36 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Lock and Haskins are playing in their bowl game and Grier didn't. You still want him on the Jaguars after he left his teammates hanging.   Pass

Do you think Jaylon Smith and Jake Butt made the right decisions to play in their bowl games?

No one can predict the future.  I guess I'll just never get out of bed because I'm afraid I'll get hurt.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018, 07:51 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-31-2018, 07:47 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 07:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Do you think Jaylon Smith and Jake Butt made the right decisions to play in their bowl games?

No one can predict the future.  I guess I'll just never get out of bed because I'm afraid I'll get hurt.

But did they make the right decision?

(12-31-2018, 07:47 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 07:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Do you think Jaylon Smith and Jake Butt made the right decisions to play in their bowl games?

The one way to make everyone play and not sit out would be if they got paid something

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018, 08:20 PM by mikesez.)

The parcells checklist is a bit complicated for me.
I only check off one thing, did the QB win his senior year bowl game?
Lock had better win his bowl game.
When gabbert closed out his senior year bowl game, down by less than six and then he threw a pick 6 to put the game out of reach for his team, that's when I knew he should not be touched as a pro prospect.
Bortles won his bowl game.
Bortles leave something to be desired but he's certainly better than gabbert.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Oof. Incredible lack of moxie at the end of the game. That his coach took the ball out of his hands on third down the play before really says a lot too.
Not with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole. No sir.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.