Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Drew Lock - QB

Lock is not a very fast runner. Pass

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2019, 12:05 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-31-2018, 08:58 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Lock is not a very fast runner. Pass

Who cares? I don't want him to run. RB's are for running, QB's are for passing.

I feel bad for Finley, not the way he wanted to go out

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2019, 12:06 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Lock does throw the best deep ball of anyone in this class. He has a rocket for an arm.

(01-01-2019, 12:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I feel bad for Finley, not the way he wanted to go out

Dude sucks.

(01-01-2019, 12:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Lock does throw the best deep ball of anyone in this class. He has a rocket for an arm.

(01-01-2019, 12:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I feel bad for Finley, not the way he wanted to go out

Dude sucks.

I dont know, Grier throws a great deep ball.  Lock does have more zip on it though

(01-01-2019, 12:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 12:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Lock does throw the best deep ball of anyone in this class. He has a rocket for an arm.

Dude sucks.

I dont know, Grier throws a great deep ball.  Lock does have more zip on it though

Like I said, I have Lock and Grier 2a. and 2b. They are very close, but that cannon on Lock gives him the slightest of edges for me. It's close though. If we miss out on Haskins, I'd be satisfied with either though. I just really want Haskins though.

Jonah Williams rd 1 leftovers bottom 1st top of 2nd.

One thing people failed to mention is Lock didnt even have his best weapon, The Big O, play in the game. Still had a good game

(01-01-2019, 11:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: One thing people failed to mention is Lock didnt even have his best weapon, The Big O, play in the game.  Still had a good game

I totally agree with that. Okwuegbunam has been one of the best TE's in college football. His injury killed my college FF team. In spite of this, I was impressed by Lock's performance. His other main receiver, Emmanuel Hall got injured early in the game as well.

(01-01-2019, 11:17 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 11:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: One thing people failed to mention is Lock didnt even have his best weapon, The Big O, play in the game.  Still had a good game

I totally agree with that. Okwuegbunam has been one of the best TE's in college football. His injury killed my college FF team. In spite of this, I was impressed by Lock's performance. His other main receiver, Emmanuel Hall got injured early in the game as well.

There were a few throws he made in the game that make you say WOW

I didnt like Lock to start with i had him 4th behind Herbert (before he decided to go back), Haskins and Grier... but over the last month i watched all his games... that guys arm is really strong and he makes throws that wow you... he reminds me of Mahomes in college, not as good passing on the run but he has an absolute cannon. He throws effortlessly down the field, Big frame, good mechanics, senior (experienced and mature), makes the wow throws... what more do you want? Make your case for the other qbs but none of them has his arm talent.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Every big armed QB doesn't have to be Mahomes now. The only similarities they have are they have a big arm and can get away with throwing off the back foot regularly.

Lock has nowhere near the same level of accuracy, decision making , playmaking , style of play etc etc.

Lock is more like a Flacco type to me

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2019, 08:23 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-02-2019, 08:15 AM)JackCity Wrote: Every big armed QB doesn't have to be Mahomes now. The only similarities they have are they have a big arm and can get away with throwing off the back foot regularly.  

Lock has nowhere near the same level of accuracy, decision making , playmaking , style of play etc etc.  

Mahomes wasnt the most accurate QB coming out. Nobody knew he was going to be this good

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2019, 08:29 AM by JackCity.)

(01-02-2019, 08:22 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 08:15 AM)JackCity Wrote: Every big armed QB doesn't have to be Mahomes now. The only similarities they have are they have a big arm and can get away with throwing off the back foot regularly.  

Mahomes wasnt the most accurate QB coming out.  Nobody knew he was going to be this good

Mahomes had pin point placement to all levels and was more accurate than Lock coming out (and yes there is more to accuracy than just completion %)

Yeah nobody thought he'd be MVP his first year as a starter good...but a fair amount of good analysts thought he'd be a franchise QB with top 5 potential.

The point is, they are not similar as prospects style wise or talent wise.

Still not really sold on Lock, aside from the Florida game, he didn't play well vs good pass defenses.

(01-02-2019, 08:22 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Mahomes wasnt the most accurate QB coming out.  Nobody knew he was going to be this good

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...#pid984377

5 posters in that thread called him the best from his class ^ (pretty funny read now)

You're right in that no one thought he be this good. But accuracy was one of the things people liked about him.

(12-31-2018, 03:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 03:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: For some reason I have a feeling Lock is the QB we draft.  Although it wouldn't shock me if the Giants draft him right before our pick and we end up drafting Grier which is my top guy

I believe the Giants take Haskins, we take Jonah Williams, as the BAP at #7. Denver takes Daniel Jones at #10, Washington takes Lock at #15 and Grier falls to us in round 2.

I don't think Grier actually falls tho because if he gets near the end of round one, somebody is trading up to get him with a 5th year option. Besides that, I just really don't know that the shotgun, spread QB is a good fit for the Jaguars power, running scheme.

Personally I'd just go for broke to get Haskins, although I'd settle for Lock if we just couldn't get Haskins.

As for Daniel Jones at #10, at this point I just don't see him going that high.

(12-31-2018, 07:41 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Andrew Luck
Drew Lock

Very similar. We need to draft this guy

I thought I was the only one to notice this similarity.

(12-31-2018, 08:58 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Lock is not a very fast runner. Pass

If you think Lock is slow, watch Grier try to run.

Now Haskins... Haskins can run.
'02

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2019, 01:28 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-02-2019, 10:44 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 08:22 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Mahomes wasnt the most accurate QB coming out.  Nobody knew he was going to be this good

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...#pid984377

5 posters in that thread called him the best from his class ^ (pretty funny read now)

You're right in that no one thought he be this good. But accuracy was one of the things people liked about him.

At times he would be inconsistent with his passes.  The guy had almost everything  you want from a franchise QB.  Size ,arm, mobility.  There is a Reason he wasnt considered the top pick, because of the offense he ran and would have some wild passes at times

(01-02-2019, 08:26 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 08:22 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Mahomes wasnt the most accurate QB coming out.  Nobody knew he was going to be this good

Mahomes had pin point placement to all levels and was more accurate than Lock coming out (and yes there is more to accuracy than just completion %)

Yeah nobody thought he'd be MVP his first year as a starter good...but a fair amount of good analysts thought he'd be a franchise QB with top 5 potential.  

Where did I bring up completion %

(01-02-2019, 01:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 10:44 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...#pid984377

At times he would be inconsistent with his passes.  The guy had almost everything  you want from a franchise QB.  Size ,arm, mobility.  There is a Reason he wasnt considered the top pick, because of the offense he ran and would have some wild passes at times

(01-02-2019, 08:26 AM)JackCity Wrote: Mahomes had pin point placement to all levels and was more accurate than Lock coming out (and yes there is more to accuracy than just completion %)

I'm just saying Mahomes had very impressive accuracy , independent of the gaudy stats he put up. Lock on the other hand has pretty poor accuracy.

(01-02-2019, 01:44 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 01:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: At times he would be inconsistent with his passes.  The guy had almost everything  you want from a franchise QB.  Size ,arm, mobility.  There is a Reason he wasnt considered the top pick, because of the offense he ran and would have some wild passes at times

I'm just saying Mahomes had very impressive accuracy , independent of the gaudy stats he put up. Lock on the other hand has pretty poor accuracy.

I guess if you call Drew's completion percentage this past season "poor" at 62.9 percent.
'02