Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Raiders to hire Mike Mayock for GM

(01-01-2019, 07:59 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Well this sucks for the NFL channel. Raiders going for all the TV guys, they got Gruden and Mayock. Who’s next?

Gus Johnson to handle public address at the Vegas stadium.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-02-2019, 02:43 PM)D6 Wrote: I was very disappointed when the decision was made a few seasons ago to  remove Mike Mayock from the Thursday Night NFL game analysis role.  Mayock was my favorite NFL analyst this decade.  I'm going to miss his draft analysis.

Time will tell if Mayock is successful in his new position.  A huge question mark on this end is how much will Jon Gruden listen to Mayock's recommendations?

I guess, although the experts here already know he is gonna fail.

Either way I think it was a mistake by Mayock to agree to work with Gruden.

Has Gruden ever built anything himself?

In Tampa Bay he took another man's team to the Superbowl.

Insanity to let him do anything.

(01-03-2019, 10:03 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 02:43 PM)D6 Wrote: I was very disappointed when the decision was made a few seasons ago to  remove Mike Mayock from the Thursday Night NFL game analysis role.  Mayock was my favorite NFL analyst this decade.  I'm going to miss his draft analysis.

Time will tell if Mayock is successful in his new position.  A huge question mark on this end is how much will Jon Gruden listen to Mayock's recommendations?

I guess, although the experts here already know he is gonna fail.

The potential upside for Mike Mayock in agreeing to become the Raiders GM is the numerous high draft pick resources the Raiders have.

(01-04-2019, 04:30 PM)D6 Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 10:03 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I guess, although the experts here already know he is gonna fail.

The potential upside for Mike Mayock in agreeing to become the Raiders GM is the numerous high draft pick resources the Raiders have.

If this Raiders experiment fails..it will be because of Gruden, not Mayock.  

If they succeed , you can presume the draft picks played well and Mayock will be hailed as a hero.  

Basically there's a ton to gain for Mayock with not so much risk, even if Gruden is the guy making the decisions.

(01-04-2019, 10:16 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 04:30 PM)D6 Wrote: The potential upside for Mike Mayock in agreeing to become the Raiders GM is the numerous high draft pick resources the Raiders have.

If they succeed , you can presume the draft picks played well and Mayock will be hailed as a hero.  

Basically there's a ton to gain for Mayock with not so much risk, even if Gruden is the guy making the decisions.

Mayock liked Alualu. He is no better or worse than anyone else IMO.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(01-04-2019, 10:16 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 04:30 PM)D6 Wrote: The potential upside for Mike Mayock in agreeing to become the Raiders GM is the numerous high draft pick resources the Raiders have.

This is the way I think it should be because it would very likely be the reality of what occurs.  Yet, some will blame Mike Mayock for what happens if the Raiders draft track record isn't good during his time as their GM.  In part because THEY don't think Mayock should have been given the opportunity.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2019, 01:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Raiders rookie class lead in most important statistics. Great draft by Mayock

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raider...act-season

The Raiders have the most rookie sacks (10), touchdowns from scrimmage (14), scrimmage yards (1,676), rushing yards (937) and receptions (73). They have the second-most receiving yards (739).

Per the AP, the Raiders are the first team to have 10-plus sacks and 10-plus touchdowns over the first 10 games of the season since the sack became a stat in 1982.

(11-20-2019, 01:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Raiders rookie class lead in most important statistics.  Great draft by Mayock

The Raiders have the most rookie sacks (10), touchdowns from scrimmage (14), scrimmage yards (1,676), rushing yards (937) and receptions (73). They have the second-most receiving yards (739).

Per the AP, the Raiders are the first team to have 10-plus sacks and 10-plus touchdowns over the first 10 games of the season since the sack became a stat in 1982.

We need a good talent evaluator.

Louis Riddick for GM
or 
Mike Borgonzi 
He's been with the Chiefs for a long time and worked his way up the ladder and is currently director of football operations.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2019, 01:37 PM by JackCity.)

(11-20-2019, 01:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Raiders rookie class lead in most important statistics.  Great draft by Mayock

They also completely botched 2/3 of their first round picks. Crosby is good for sure though, and Jacobs has done well despite being a first round RB.

Overall a good draft if you ignore the Farrell and Abrams pick

This tells me they gutted their roster and are playing a crapload of rookies.

Didn't they have forty-threeve picks this past darft?

If they weren't leading in these stats, that would be a bigger story.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2019, 07:26 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-20-2019, 01:29 PM)JackCity Wrote:

They also completely botched 2/3 of their first round picks. Crosby is good for sure though, and Jacobs has done well despite being a first round RB.

They botched 2/3rds of their 1st round picks even though we arent even through a whole season yet? Ok, lol.  All though Farrell isnt as good as Allen he has picked up his play as of late and is playing pretty good.  Abrams has been hurt. Trayvon Mullen is pretty good too and Renfrow is starting to look like he did in Clemson as well

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2019, 07:29 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-20-2019, 05:48 PM)Mikey Wrote:

This tells me they gutted their roster and are playing a crapload of rookies.

Well they are 2 games over .500 with all those rookies.  Kind of weird that the GM sucks, the coach sucks, they messed up on their draft and yet they are 2 games over .500.  I wish we sucked that good

(11-20-2019, 07:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 05:48 PM)Mikey Wrote: This tells me they gutted their roster and are playing a crapload of rookies.

Well they are 2 games over .500 with all those rookies.  Kind of weird that the GM sucks, the coach sucks, they messed up on their draft and yet they are 2 games over .500.  I wish we sucked that good

It doesn’t hurt that Carr is killing it and having the best season of his career.

carr isn't that great of a qb,but the raiders have a very strong O-line unlike the jags.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(11-20-2019, 09:40 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 07:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Well they are 2 games over .500 with all those rookies.  Kind of weird that the GM sucks, the coach sucks, they messed up on their draft and yet they are 2 games over .500.  I wish we sucked that good

It doesn’t hurt that Carr is killing it and having the best season of his career.

It's the same QB they have had the past few years when they have sucked and now they have a bad coach, bad GM, and bad draft so how is that possible?

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2019, 01:31 AM by JackCity.)

(11-20-2019, 07:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 01:29 PM)JackCity Wrote: They also completely botched 2/3 of their first round picks. Crosby is good for sure though, and Jacobs has done well despite being a first round RB.

They botched 2/3rds of their 1st round picks even though we arent even through a whole season yet? Ok, lol.  All though Farrell isnt as good as Allen he has picked up his play as of late and is playing pretty good.  Abrams has been hurt.  Trayvon Mullen is pretty good too and Renfrow is starting to look like he did in Clemson as well

Yes Farrell was a botched pick and taking a safety who's bad in coverage in the first isn't good. And yes the rest of their draft was very good.

(11-20-2019, 07:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 05:48 PM)Mikey Wrote: This tells me they gutted their roster and are playing a crapload of rookies.

Grudens been good this year. Haven't seen anyone say otherwise.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2019, 02:41 AM by JagNGeorgia.)

(11-20-2019, 10:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 09:40 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: It doesn’t hurt that Carr is killing it and having the best season of his career.

It's the same QB they have had the past few years when they have sucked and now they have a bad coach, bad GM, and bad draft so how is that possible?

I don’t believe they’ve had a good draft, but I don’t believe it’s bad, either. They missed on some high picks, but they nailed a couple others. Like most other drafts, it’s a bit too early for me to judge.

I don’t have a strong opinion on Gruden or Mayock at the moment. I’m inclined to lean more toward Mayock not panning out, however. 

This is probably Derek Carr’s best season. He’s been great this year. Carr really stepped up this year.

(11-21-2019, 02:39 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 10:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's the same QB they have had the past few years when they have sucked and now they have a bad coach, bad GM, and bad draft so how is that possible?

I don’t believe they’ve had a good draft, but I don’t believe it’s bad, either. They missed on some high picks, but they nailed a couple others. Like most other drafts, it’s a bit too early for me to judge.

I don’t have a strong opinion on Gruden or Mayock at the moment. I’m inclined to lean more toward Mayock not panning out, however. 

This is probably Derek Carr’s best season. He’s been great this year. Carr really stepped up this year.

After Gruden was hired a few of the wiser football minds I follow were saying that you have to remember that Gruden was the OG Mcvay and that it shouldn't be a shock if he has that offense humming after a while.  I didn't personally see it. 

Well here we are in year 2 and he's turned Carr into a different level of QB.

(11-20-2019, 10:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 09:40 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: It doesn’t hurt that Carr is killing it and having the best season of his career.

Magic!  Same kind of magic we used when we went to the AFCCG with a bad FO, bad coaching staff and a terrible QB I guess.