Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
RB's

I've been starting to look around for guys that may be around in the 4th and 5th rounds.

A couple of guys that are standing out as good potential value there so far are Zach Moss (Utah) and LJ Scott (Mich St.)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A little more of Singletary if anybody is interested.

https://twitter.com/JReidNFL/status/1081430038740905984

(01-05-2019, 08:11 PM)Eric1 Wrote: A little more of Singletary if anybody is interested.

How early do you think he goes?  I'm seeing third round everywhere I look so far.

(01-05-2019, 08:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 08:11 PM)Eric1 Wrote: A little more of Singletary if anybody is interested.

How early do you think he goes?  I'm seeing third round everywhere I look so far.

His 40 time will likely determine that imo and I think he could drop a little because of it. I don't think he's going to run the straight line real fast, but he has everything else and that more than makes up for the lack of deep speed. He'll be one to watch at the combine for sure.

His game cut-ups are fun to watch.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2019, 08:38 PM by roycee.)

(01-05-2019, 08:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I've been starting to look around for guys that may be around in the 4th and 5th rounds.

A couple of guys that are standing out as good potential value there so far are Zach Moss (Utah) and LJ Scott (Mich St.)

Moss hasn't declared as of today.

James Williams from Wazzu declares.

Theres your top tier James White/Theo Riddick esque receiving back folks. 83 receptions this year and p good contact balance to boot.

(01-05-2019, 08:24 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 08:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: How early do you think he goes?  I'm seeing third round everywhere I look so far.

His 40 time will likely determine that imo and I think he could drop a little because of it. I don't think he's going to run the straight line real fast, but he has everything else and that more than makes up for the lack of deep speed. He'll be one to watch at the combine for sure.

His game cut-ups are fun to watch.

Yeah he’s probably a 4.5 guy, which will have him going day two. He’s a back that will absolutely thrive in a offense that has outside weapons and strong QB play. Similar to what Kamara is able to do in NO.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2019, 08:32 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-05-2019, 08:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I've been starting to look around for guys that may be around in the 4th and 5th rounds.

Moss has yet to declare and as someone living in Big Ten country, I wouldn't touch Scott. He's a soft runner who goes down easily on first contact and he lacks a second gear. I believe he goes undrafted.

Miles Sanders please.

(01-05-2019, 10:31 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Miles Sanders please.

I like him too.

https://twitter.com/JReidNFL/status/1081430038740905984

Definitely my favorite back in this draft!

(12-31-2018, 10:20 PM)JackCity Wrote: Darrell Henderson
Myles Gaskin
Travis Homer
Alexander Mattison
Karan Higdon
Devin Singletary

All day 2+ backs I'd be extremely happy with. Plenty of depth to get a good back

I’m a big Travis Homer fan. He averaged 6 yards per carry and 10 yards per reception last year.

David Montgomery (2nd or 3rd round) and Trayveon Williams (6th or 7th)

(01-09-2019, 04:53 PM)Kane Wrote: David Montgomery (2nd or 3rd round) and Trayveon Williams (6th or 7th)

You ain't getting William's in the 6th or 7th round

(01-09-2019, 04:35 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 10:20 PM)JackCity Wrote: Darrell Henderson
Myles Gaskin
Travis Homer
Alexander Mattison
Karan Higdon
Devin Singletary

All day 2+ backs I'd be extremely happy with. Plenty of depth to get a good back

I’m a big Travis Homer fan. He averaged 6 yards per carry and 10 yards per reception last year.

Homer is legit. Runs so hard and has plenty of agility and speed to make big plays.

(01-09-2019, 06:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 04:53 PM)Kane Wrote: David Montgomery (2nd or 3rd round) and Trayveon Williams (6th or 7th)

You ain't getting William's in the 6th or 7th round

Why?
Everything I've read puts him as 6th round to UDFA because he's undersized...

(01-10-2019, 10:39 AM)Kane Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 06:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You ain't getting William's in the 6th or 7th round

Why?

Do you really believe these sites though?  We shall see

(01-10-2019, 10:39 AM)Kane Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 06:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You ain't getting William's in the 6th or 7th round

Why?

def gonna go higher than that, him, gaskins, singletary, higdon, homer etc all around the same size

(12-31-2018, 08:14 PM)rfc17 Wrote: A guy to watch if he comes out is Ke'Shawn Vaughn out of Vandy.  He transferred in this year and were going with a rotational system until they finally realized he was obviously the best back on the team.  Averaged nearly 8 yards a carry which isnt half bad in the SEC.  Only a junior.  All us Vandy fans hoping he comes back for his senior year but if I were him I'd bail.  He'll end up being a mid round pick most likely.  

Anyone have any thoughts on Darrell Henderson of Memphis?  Put up huge numbers this year.  Ridiculous yards per carry. A ton of TDs.  

I'm kinda hoping we get rid of every RB on the roster this offseason and just start completely over.  RBs really are a dime a dozen.  Would draft a guy 4th or 5th round every year or every other year.  Run him into the ground.  And never sign him to that big 2nd contract.  Can always gets another one.

I'd really like to keep Grant tho. It makes me nervous that he's a F/A.
'02

(01-02-2019, 10:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: After watching him the other night and looking into it a little deeper, there isn't any doubt my top back is Trayveon Williams.  The guys is a stud and had almost 1000 yards and 10 TDs in his last 5 games and playing teams like Auburn, Ole Miss, LSU, NC St.  If we do trade LF we better get this guy.

I haven't familiarized myself with him yet, but it's makes me sketchy that Walters has him at #27 grading him as a 6th round pick to UDFA.  I know better than to trust Walters, but #27????
'02