Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Antonio Brown

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2019, 02:32 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I'd traded Fournette and a 2nd for Brown. Id try hard to somehow get brown. One of the all time greats and he still has a few years of prime left and would be huge for our new QB.

(01-01-2019, 02:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd traded Fournette and a 2nd for Brown.  Id try hard to somehow get brown. One of the all time greats and he still has a few years of prime left and would be huge for our new QB.

The Dallas Cowboys sent a first rounder to the Raiders for Amari Cooper, who is not even in Brown's league. The Steelers will want way more than a 2nd and an injury prone power rusher. They have James Conner who is the same type of runner.

(01-01-2019, 05:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 02:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd traded Fournette and a 2nd for Brown.  Id try hard to somehow get brown. One of the all time greats and he still has a few years of prime left and would be huge for our new QB.

The Dallas Cowboys sent a first rounder to the Raiders for Amari Cooper, who is not even in Brown's league. The Steelers will want way more than a 2nd and an injury prone power rusher. They have James Conner who is the same type of runner.
Probably, would have to see what they want

Amari Cooper is 6 years younger. The draft is such a crap shoot, then I’m fine giving picks for proven All Pros. Give them this years 2nd, Fournette, and a 2020 2nd, something like this. James Conner missed some time himself this year due to injury, not to mention his past health issues. I bet Pittsburgh wouldn’t be opposed to running Fournette alongside of him as insurance.

(01-01-2019, 08:45 PM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: Amari Cooper is 6 years younger.  The draft is such a crap shoot, then I’m fine giving picks for proven All Pros.  Give them this years 2nd, Fournette, and a 2020 2nd, something like this.  James Conner missed some time himself this year due to injury, not to mention his past health issues.  I bet Pittsburgh wouldn’t be opposed to running Fournette alongside of him as insurance.

agreed

I think the Steelers wpuld only trade Antonio brown tontge jags if they could get jalen Ramsey in return, which would fill a need for them on defense.

I may be in the minority but I think Ben is the problem in the Pitt locker room.

(01-02-2019, 04:03 PM)roycee Wrote: I may be in the minority but I think Ben is the problem in the Pitt locker room.

He hasn't raped anyone publicly in like a decade, man. That dude is reformed!

(01-02-2019, 04:37 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 04:03 PM)roycee Wrote: I may be in the minority but I think Ben is the problem in the Pitt locker room.

He hasn't raped anyone publicly in like a decade, man. That dude is reformed!

While that's a whole different, very troubling, pattern of behavior. 

I mean his constant public finger pointing at teammates.

Did anyone else watch The Masked Singer tonight? It was odd. Antonio Brown was one of the competitors and was dressed as a hippo. He was the first one unmasked. Given all the turmoil in his life this week, I just found it odd that he would be on a game show like this trying to get attention in another field.

(01-03-2019, 12:17 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Did anyone else watch The Masked Singer tonight? It was odd. Antonio Brown was one of the competitors and was dressed as a hippo. He was the first one unmasked. Given all the turmoil in his life this week, I just found it odd that he would be on a game show like this trying to get attention in another field.

Was it live or taped?

(01-03-2019, 12:38 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 12:17 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Did anyone else watch The Masked Singer tonight? It was odd. Antonio Brown was one of the competitors and was dressed as a hippo. He was the first one unmasked. Given all the turmoil in his life this week, I just found it odd that he would be on a game show like this trying to get attention in another field.

Was it live or taped?

They’ve been showing commercials with clips in it for a few weeks, so it’s recorded
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-03-2019, 01:08 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 12:38 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Was it live or taped?

They’ve been showing commercials with clips in it for a few weeks, so it’s recorded

So he did it during the season? That might be worse.

(01-03-2019, 02:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 01:08 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: They’ve been showing commercials with clips in it for a few weeks, so it’s recorded

So he did it during the season? That might be worse.
I believe it was recorded in the summer, it was ordered beginning of August, but couldn't find when it was taped.

While he is affordable, the Jags just can't take that personality in the locker room. They would have to give up too much.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(01-05-2019, 12:40 AM)p_rushing Wrote: While he is affordable, the Jags just can't take that personality in the locker room. They would have to give up too much.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I agree.

With all the drama LF27 brought in 2018 and the big talk of discipline and culture change from Marrone... there's just no way you bring in a blatant diva WR.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 07:31 AM by JagFanatic24.)

Bro I’m telling you, if we can just find a QB then we have a punchers chance in any game.

QBs have made guys like Eric Decker, Austin Collie, Tim Dwight, Troy Brown, Dallas Clark TE, Inman, Garçon, etc..

Avg WRs look even better with a Good QB.

You can give Bortles Elite WRs in their prime like Jerry Rice and Randy Moss, but Bortles will still bite his tongue, and bow his belly out and do his best Leftwich wind-up, and throw a duck for an incomplete pass.

Forget paying an aging WR, we need a QB bad.

(01-01-2019, 03:15 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 02:14 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: The culture in the locker room is [BLEEP] and you want a manure delivery?

Imagine having another Jalen Ramsey type character, this time on offense. I listened to ESPN radio tonight and they were talking to former Steeler Ryan Clark. He said this didn't surprise him at all. He said he almost got into a fight with Brown at practice one time. He went on to explain that Brown was screaming and disrespecting the coaches and he would tell the coaches, how he was "the franchise". He said Brown was a "me first" guy who has always put his own stats before the team. Brown is one of the top 2 receivers in the NFL, but we have enough discord in the locker room. Adding another "headcase" would not be a wise move.

(emphasis added)

Why would you make the association with Ramsey?

Aside them being among the very best in their profession at their positions, why associate Ramsey with "locker room discord?"

Why associate Ramsey with the term "headcase?"

When has Ramsey been associated with locker room discord?

The only incident that leaps to mind to me is his foolish, Don Quixote type attempt to stop the media from filming/reporting on the Fowler/Ngakoue fight at training camp.  He was trying to mitigate the damage.

He missed the first week of camp for the birth of his daughter.  I don't see how that makes him a "headcase."

I think he blew some assignments over the course of the season.

He had a GQ interview where he gave what seemed to be a honest, unfiltered string of opinions of QBs around the league based upon his experiences playing against them or seeing them.

Was it a tactless, less than judicious use of that platform?  Yes.  But how did that contribute to any locker room discord?  How did that make him a headcase?

Were there incidents that I missed?  If so, please enlighten me.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 12:14 PM by roycee.)

(01-06-2019, 07:31 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Bro I’m telling you, if we can just find a QB then we have a punchers chance in any game.

QBs have made guys like Eric Decker, Austin Collie, Tim Dwight, Troy Brown, Dallas Clark TE, Inman, Garçon, etc..

Avg WRs look even better with a Good QB.

You can give Bortles Elite WRs in their prime like Jerry Rice  and Randy Moss, but Bortles will still bite his tongue, and bow his belly out and do his best Leftwich wind-up, and throw a duck for an incomplete pass.

Forget paying an aging WR, we need a QB bad.

I think more than anything having a good QB gives the WR a chance to showcase the skill they already have. Our guys at WR have shown they can get open, change their routes when our QB scrambles, etc...But Bortles couldn't hit them consistently or recognize coverage to get the ball to the guy who's open.

Our receivers in my opinion with even just constant average QB play would look much better.