Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to interview Darrell Bevell

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2019, 03:04 PM by Dimson.)

(01-02-2019, 02:37 PM)D6 Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 05:04 AM)JackCity Wrote: He's terrible

Though I disagree,  I don't think Jim Bob Cooter would be a good fit for the Jaguars if the Jaguars continue to want to be a rushing foundation team.  Cooter is better suited for a team with the passing game being the foundation on Offense. Cooter seems like a round hole for the Tom Coughlin and Doug Marrone square peg.

Then he would be perfect! We need a round peg.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-02-2019, 02:37 PM)D6 Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 05:04 AM)JackCity Wrote: He's terrible

Though I disagree,  I don't think Jim Bob Cooter would be a good fit for the Jaguars if the Jaguars continue to want to be a rushing foundation team.  Cooter is better suited for a team with the passing game being the foundation on Offense. Cooter seems like a round hole for the Tom Coughlin and Doug Marrone square peg.

From what I've seen JBC seems to run a very predictable and bland passing scheme, don't like the way he tried turn Stafford into a dink and dunker either. 

What do you think him? Haven't seen many Lions fans sad that hes gone.

(01-01-2019, 07:15 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Tom will reassure him he will provide him with the best possible fat RB that can't find a hole in a donut shop

Fournette can find the hole, it's just soooo much wooooork to get to it.

How bout we be the ones that get the jump start giving Kafka the OC job now? Much better than a retread, and if he looks promising as expected then we could have an inside slant on him for HC when our 3 headed snake FO trio are hopefully gone after next year.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/...3989152769

(01-03-2019, 01:02 AM)Upper Wrote: How bout we be the ones that get the jump start giving Kafka the OC job now? Much better than a retread, and if he looks promising as expected then we could have an inside slant on him for HC when our 3 headed snake FO trio are hopefully gone after next year.

That's what I've been clamoring for. Kafka would be my #1 target. Bring someone in from the Andy Reid coaching tree.

(01-03-2019, 02:42 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 01:02 AM)Upper Wrote: How bout we be the ones that get the jump start giving Kafka the OC job now? Much better than a retread, and if he looks promising as expected then we could have an inside slant on him for HC when our 3 headed snake FO trio are hopefully gone after next year.

That's what I've been clamoring for. Kafka would be my #1 target. Bring someone in from the Andy Reid coaching tree.

I'm for it, but I just keep thinking how uninviting this situation is. We have a GM for our GM and a coach who preaches bologna. What can we expect? I sure as heck don't expect much, I mean if I was in a position to improve my resume it sure as heck wouldn't be with this current franchise. Now if I am on my last job... yeah... Jags sounds nice.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2019, 08:24 AM by Caldrac.)

It's a start. He did help develop Wilson. He's won a Superbowl. He was potentially one hand-off away at the 1 yard line of winning a 2nd Superbowl but they opted to trust Wilson with it instead.

Just depends on the QB situation here. But he's been in the NFL for awhile now at the O.C position. But I believe Bevell was apart of the scouting and conversation in Seattle when it came to Wilson. So he's at least got a decent eye for what he likes in his system.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-01-2019, 08:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Bevell is the king of running bubble screens. Pass.

I want Mike Kafka or Zac Taylor as OC.

Kafka the old Eagles QB?

Because when Bienemy gets a head coaching job after the Chiefs are done, he's going to be their OC.

(01-03-2019, 03:30 PM)TJBender Wrote:

Because when Bienemy gets a head coaching job after the Chiefs are done, he's going to be their OC.

If Bienemy gets a HC job this year then yeah. If he misses out this round, which seems pretty 50/50 to me, then Kafka might not want to sit around as a QB coach another year.

(01-03-2019, 03:22 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 08:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Bevell is the king of running bubble screens. Pass.

I want Mike Kafka or Zac Taylor as OC.

Kafka the old Eagles QB?

Yup also for a very brief time. Jags QB.

(01-03-2019, 04:44 PM)roycee Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 03:22 PM)Kane Wrote: Kafka the old Eagles QB?

Yup also for a very brief time. Jags QB.

Bauman"the tractor" was better then kafka but i would take him as OC

They won't take a punt on someone like Kafka even if he was interested

(01-03-2019, 04:54 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 04:44 PM)roycee Wrote: Yup also for a very brief time. Jags QB.

Bauman"the tractor" was better then kafka but i would take him as OC

Legend had it Bauman is sitting on his tractor awaiting the call once again to spring into action.

(01-03-2019, 05:20 PM)roycee Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 04:54 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Bauman"the tractor" was better then kafka but i would take him as OC

Legend had it Bauman is sitting on his tractor awaiting the call once again to spring into action.

The Bou-Signal: a silhouetted jersey shined against the side of the barn when the red phone rings.

(01-03-2019, 05:20 PM)JackCity Wrote: They won't take a punt on someone like Kafka even if he was interested
I'm afraid this is true. It's too bad they don't seem to want to bring the offense into modern times.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

We need someone who can modernize the offense. This is a passing league. Unless we're planning on hopping into my TARDIS and playing in the late 90's, early 00's, it's a passing league now.

(01-03-2019, 08:30 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 05:20 PM)JackCity Wrote: They won't take a punt on someone like Kafka even if he was interested
I'm afraid this is true. It's too bad they don't seem to want to bring the offense into modern times.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

That but also if they miss on the OC Marrone is likely fired. Means they will likely go to a veteran playcalling Vs someone like Kafka.

(01-03-2019, 06:31 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 05:20 PM)roycee Wrote: Legend had it Bauman is sitting on his tractor awaiting the call once again to spring into action.

The Bou-Signal: a silhouetted jersey shined against the side of the barn when the red phone rings.

[Image: 2qd28f.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Any news on other people they are going to interview for OC? Why not someone from Rams/Chiefs/Saints.
No Fun