Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tom Coughlin - The head man in charge

According to Marrone Coughlin was not present in any of the interviews and pretty much stayed out of the search

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-16-2019, 04:28 PM)JackCity Wrote: According to Marrone Coughlin was not present in any of the interviews and pretty much stayed out of the search

That’s good to hear. I missed the presser.

Good to hear....and I'm glad TC is not being a micro-manager.....as many hear think he is.
but, it would be naive to think Doug didn't at least run this by him. Id be very surprised if he didn't.
btw....Im good with the hire for whatever reasons Doug gave....meh....this may be our next Head Coach
Young, head full of aggressive pass/run offenses that will "kick it up a notch"
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-16-2019, 04:28 PM)JackCity Wrote: According to Marrone Coughlin was not present in any of the interviews and pretty much stayed out of the search

That makes sense since it isn't really Tom Coughlin's job to interview coaches or coordinators.  Coaching staff is going to work for Doug Marrone, he is going to be their boss so he should do the interviews and make the selection.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(01-16-2019, 05:56 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

That makes sense since it isn't really Tom Coughlin's job to interview coaches or coordinators.  Coaching staff is going to work for Doug Marrone, he is going to be their boss so he should do the interviews and make the selection.

Last year he hired some of his guys, those guys ended up fired this year. So it certainly fits in that Marrone is being given greater freedom to choose who he wants, as most guys are

(07-31-2020, 09:30 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2956...e-accident

I heard this on Boomer and Gio this morning.  They said, in TC fashion, he was reluctant to go to the hospital --- even with 4 fractured ribs and a gouge in his head requiring stitches.    At least he's consistent with his tough approach !!!

Man, I had a dislocated rib, and I was bed ridden and on muscle relaxers. That's a tough, old dude.

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2020, 01:39 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

(07-31-2020, 09:02 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Man, I had a dislocated rib, and I was bed ridden and on muscle relaxers. That's a tough, old dude.

He was probably worried that his wife would fine him for coming home late for dinner.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(07-31-2020, 09:02 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Man, I had a dislocated rib, and I was bed ridden and on muscle relaxers. That's a tough, old dude.

I’m not doubting your injury, but how do you dislocate a rib?