Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars school/prospect visit tracker

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2019, 10:52 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I'd be very surprised if we didn't meeting with every QB at the Senior Bowl.

https://twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/...90688?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2019, 09:25 PM by JackCity.)

I'd say almost every Senior Bowl prospect meets with almost every team at one point or another over the course of the week but i like the names we've been confirmed meeting nonetheless.

Cool that we're meeting with Deebo. Damn near everyone has said he's been the top overall guy this week.

(01-25-2019, 03:37 AM)Upper Wrote: Cool that we're meeting with Deebo. Damn near everyone has said he's been the top overall guy this week.

I caught a couple of the practices/recaps and Deebo was killing everybody he went up against. He put on a show this week.

(01-25-2019, 03:37 AM)Upper Wrote: Cool that we're meeting with Deebo. Damn near everyone has said he's been the top overall guy this week.

He's just been running by defenders all week. I can't wait to see what he runs at the Combine.

(01-25-2019, 11:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

He's just been running by defenders all week. I can't wait to see what he runs at the Combine.
Unless the Jags trade back into the 1st for him, not sure they'll be able to get him.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2019, 11:53 AM by Bullseye.)

(01-25-2019, 11:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Yes he has.

Nobody could get a real jam on him.  He created separation on underneath routes and deep routes.

In that ability, he's reminiscent of Marvin Harrison.

(01-25-2019, 11:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-25-2019, 11:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He's just been running by defenders all week. I can't wait to see what he runs at the Combine.
Unless the Jags trade back into the 1st for him, not sure they'll be able to get him.

Yeah...I don't see any way he lasts to the 2nd.  Even though the Patriots are in the Super Bowl, they could use another receiver, and he would be a great fit in their system with the way he creates separation underneath.  With Antonio Brown likely gone, the Steelers could use another receiver.  The tacks, Colts, and Raiders could also use another target outside.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2019, 01:35 PM by Upper.)

I could easily still see Deebo lasting until our 2nd round pick. He was the top senior bowl WR, but that didn't include any of the other top WRs. He might not be quite so impressive if Metcalf, Harry, Harmon, JJ, Liljordan, either Brown, etc are there.

(01-26-2019, 01:34 PM)Upper Wrote: I could easily still see Deebo lasting until our 2nd round pick. He was the top senior bowl WR, but that didn't include any of the other top WRs. He might not be quite so impressive if Metcalf, Harry, Harmon, JJ, Liljordan, either Brown, etc are there.

Maybe.

Good WRs can be found in the 2nd.

I just think his ability to beat the jam, separate underneath and deep, and his overall versatility will make him valuable enough to go in the first.

But if he somehow lasted to our pick in the 2nd, it would be tough to pass him up.

Ideally if we were taking a WR in the 2nd I'd be aiming for a Harmon/Butler/Humphrey type, just feel that bigger bodied contested catch guy is missing from our WR group but not gonna pretend I'd be upset if we took a WR as talented as Deebo.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2019, 08:15 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-26-2019, 02:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: Ideally if we were taking a WR in the 2nd I'd be aiming for a Harmon/Butler/Humphrey type, just feel that bigger bodied contested catch guy is missing from our WR group but not gonna pretend I'd be upset if we took a WR as talented as Deebo.

There is a lot of receivers I really like in this draft, but my favorite of all of them is Hakeem Butler. He's big, athletic, he has breakaway speed and is a perfect redzone receiver.

(01-26-2019, 08:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 02:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: Ideally if we were taking a WR in the 2nd I'd be aiming for a Harmon/Butler/Humphrey type, just feel that bigger bodied contested catch guy is missing from our WR group but not gonna pretend I'd be upset if we took a WR as talented as Deebo.

There is a lot of receivers I really like in this draft, but my favorite of all of them is Hakeem Butler. He's big, athletic, he has breakaway speed and is a perfect redzone receiver.

I've seen so many draftniks say no player in this draft has a bigger difference between highlight videos and cut up videos than Butler. Kinda scary that he has such big play potential but is so meh in between those plays.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2019, 09:51 PM by JackCity.)

(01-26-2019, 09:29 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 08:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: There is a lot of receivers I really like in this draft, but my favorite of all of them is Hakeem Butler. He's big, athletic, he has breakaway speed and is a perfect redzone receiver.

I've seen so many draftniks say no player in this draft has a bigger difference between highlight videos and cut up videos than Butler. Kinda scary that he has such big play potential but is so meh in between those plays.

I think he's more fluid and agile than most of those oversized WRs we see but that quote the PFF guy always says about contested catch guys probably applies to some degree.  

Will be interesting to see if he ends up being valued like Lazard last year of if teams see him as a legit matchup weapon at WR.

I just like the idea of a Harmon/Dede combo

If AJ Brown falls to the 2nd and I do think that is a possibility, hes my guy. Hes not the tallest or fastest but he has the weight, runs great routes and has sticky hands. Kinds of reminds me of Anquan Boldin

Quote: Jaguars prospect meetings
Per myself, Chris Thornton, and Filip Prus of Locked On Jaguars, the Jacksonville Jaguars met with the following prospects at the Senior Bowl.

* = Multiple meetings

QB Will Grier, WVU

QB Drew Lock, MISS

QB Tyree Jackson, Buffalo

WR Terry McLaurin*, Ohio State

WR Jakobi Meyers*, NCST

WR Gary Jennings*, WVU

RT Dalton Risner, Kansas State

RG Chris Lindstrom, Boston College

RG Beau Benzschawel, Wisconsin

TE Foster Moreau, LSU

TE Tommy Sweeney, Boston College

CB Corey Ballentine, Washburn

https://www.lockedonjaguars.com/jaguars/...-notebook/
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(01-28-2019, 03:12 PM)knarnn Wrote:
Quote: Jaguars prospect meetings
Per myself, Chris Thornton, and Filip Prus of Locked On Jaguars, the Jacksonville Jaguars met with the following prospects at the Senior Bowl.

* = Multiple meetings

QB Will Grier, WVU

QB Drew Lock, MISS

QB Tyree Jackson, Buffalo

WR Terry McLaurin*, Ohio State

WR Jakobi Meyers*, NCST

WR Gary Jennings*, WVU

RT Dalton Risner, Kansas State

RG Chris Lindstrom, Boston College

RG Beau Benzschawel, Wisconsin

TE Foster Moreau, LSU

TE Tommy Sweeney, Boston College

CB Corey Ballentine, Washburn

https://www.lockedonjaguars.com/jaguars/...-notebook/
Accepting this at face value, I wonder if this means the Jaguars see WR as the biggest need on the team, the biggest non QB need on the team, or they simply had more questions about these players.