Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Democrats Introducing Impeachment First Day

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2019, 11:12 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(01-04-2019, 10:40 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 08:59 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Add another democratic congresswoman to the club. Rashida Tlaib calls Trump an expletive during her pitch to impeach.

I don't know about you guys, but I love my lawmakers holding personal grudges! MAGA!

Of course you like it.  You love it in your President, why wouldn't you love it in a lawmaker?

I love the job numbers and economy in my president. What has this Congress woman done?

(01-04-2019, 10:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 10:48 AM)rollerjag Wrote: Is any criticism of Trump automatically TDS?

Calling him a [BLEEP] (in a conversation with her son, no less) I believe comfortably qualifies her as afflicted. Yes.

You can't explain the intricacies of TDS to someone who has TDS. Its redundant and unproductive.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-04-2019, 10:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 10:48 AM)rollerjag Wrote: Is any criticism of Trump automatically TDS?

Calling him a [BLEEP] (in a conversation with her son, no less) I believe comfortably qualifies her as afflicted. Yes.

She didn't say it in front of her son, but perhaps you received an inaccurate synopsis of the article instead of reading it yourself.

I personally agree with her, except that when the mother of his child was nursing their newborn, Trump was [BLEEP] someone else. And if you think it's out of the realm of possibility Trump has referred to his foes in similar terms when among his sycophants, I can't help you.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(01-04-2019, 11:19 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 10:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Calling him a [BLEEP] (in a conversation with her son, no less) I believe comfortably qualifies her as afflicted. Yes.

She didn't say it in front of her son, but perhaps you received an inaccurate synopsis of the article instead of reading it yourself.

I personally agree with her, except that when the mother of his child was nursing their newborn, Trump was [BLEEP] someone else. And if you think it's out of the realm of possibility Trump has referred to his foes in similar terms when among his sycophants, I can't help you.

Quoting from the article:

Appearing at a reception in Washington, D.C., hosted by liberal group MoveOn, Tlaib wrapped up her remarks by recalling a conversation she had with her son.

“”When your son looks at you and says, ‘Momma, look! You won! Bullies don’t win,’ and I said, ‘Baby, they don’t.’ Because we’re gonna go in there, we’re gonna impeach the motherf----r,” Tlaib told the crowd, which roared with approval.”

If you can’t read what you don’t want to acknowledge, I can’t help you.

What? Someone says something to their acquaintances that they wouldn’t say in public?? Get outta here!

(01-04-2019, 10:48 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 09:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Another one rides the TDS train to election.

Is any criticism of Trump automatically TDS?

Is that normal criticism to you? Personally, I don't care what she says, but if that's normal than just about every thing Trump has said should be too.

(01-04-2019, 11:19 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 10:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Calling him a [BLEEP] (in a conversation with her son, no less) I believe comfortably qualifies her as afflicted. Yes.

The article very clearly says that she called him a mother [BLEEP] in front of her child. 

Oh, then it sounds like you agree with the type of language Trump uses then, no?

(01-04-2019, 01:03 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

Is that normal criticism to you? Personally, I don't care what she says, but if that's normal than just about every thing Trump has said should be too.

(01-04-2019, 11:19 AM)rollerjag Wrote: She didn't say it in front of her son, but perhaps you received an inaccurate synopsis of the article instead of reading it yourself.

The article very clearly says that she called him a mother [BLEEP] in front of her child. 

Oh, then it sounds like you agree with the type of language Trump uses then, no?

The concept of dirty language is outdated. We should all man the [BLEEP] up and embrace all the [BLEEP] [BLEEP] [BLEEP] words we can use.

(01-04-2019, 02:53 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 01:03 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Is that normal criticism to you? Personally, I don't care what she says, but if that's normal than just about every thing Trump has said should be too.

The concept of dirty language is outdated. We should all man the [BLEEP] up and embrace all the [BLEEP] [BLEEP] [BLEEP] words we can use.

Agreed. 

Just pointing out what I believe to be hypocrisy.

(01-04-2019, 12:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 11:19 AM)rollerjag Wrote: She didn't say it in front of her son, but perhaps you received an inaccurate synopsis of the article instead of reading it yourself.

Quoting from the article:

Appearing at a reception in Washington, D.C., hosted by liberal group MoveOn, Tlaib wrapped up her remarks by recalling a conversation she had with her son.

“”When your son looks at you and says, ‘Momma, look! You won! Bullies don’t win,’ and I said, ‘Baby, they don’t.’ Because we’re gonna go in there, we’re gonna impeach the motherf----r,” Tlaib told the crowd, which roared with approval.”

If you can’t read what you don’t want to acknowledge, I can’t help you.

What? Someone says something to their acquaintances that they wouldn’t say in public?? Get outta here!

(01-04-2019, 01:03 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

The Devil is in the details, in this case those pesky single quotes. Her quote to the crowd opened with double quotes, her conversation with her son was opened and closed with single quotes, followed by the remainder of her quote to the crowd. She was telling the crowd about her conversation with her son, not talking to him at that moment.

If you two don't understand how punctuation works, I can't help you.

Did Rex Tillerson have TDS when he called Trump a [BLEEP] moron?
- Bob Marley

(01-04-2019, 02:53 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 01:03 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Is that normal criticism to you? Personally, I don't care what she says, but if that's normal than just about every thing Trump has said should be too.

Manners and decorum are so Pre-internet.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

NBC News veteran William Arkin has resigned from a 30-year career at the network.  In his resignation letter, he chastised the network for its terminal case of TDS:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201...orks-host/

“Of course he is an ignorant and incompetent impostor. And yet I’m alarmed at how quick NBC is to mechanically argue the contrary, to be in favor of policies that just spell more conflict and more war,” he wrote. “Really? We shouldn’t get out Syria? We shouldn’t go for the bold move of denuclearizing the Korean peninsula? Even on Russia, though we should be concerned about the brittleness of our democracy that it is so vulnerable to manipulation, do we really yearn for the Cold War? And don’t even get me started with the FBI: What? We now lionize this historically destructive institution?”

Mr. Arkin argued that NBC, and news outlets like it, often miss crucial news stories because they’re so caught up in the “day-to-day whirlwind and hostage status as prisoners of Donald Trump.”

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2019, 11:06 AM by The Real Marty.)

(01-06-2019, 11:06 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: NBC News veteran William Arkin has resigned from a 30-year career at the network.  In his resignation letter, he chastised the network for its terminal case of TDS:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201...orks-host/

Of course he is an ignorant and incompetent impostor. And yet I’m alarmed at how quick NBC is to mechanically argue the contrary, to be in favor of policies that just spell more conflict and more war,” he wrote. “Really? We shouldn’t get out Syria? We shouldn’t go for the bold move of denuclearizing the Korean peninsula? Even on Russia, though we should be concerned about the brittleness of our democracy that it is so vulnerable to manipulation, do we really yearn for the Cold War? And don’t even get me started with the FBI: What? We now lionize this historically destructive institution?”

Mr. Arkin argued that NBC, and news outlets like it, often miss crucial news stories because they’re so caught up in the “day-to-day whirlwind and hostage status as prisoners of Donald Trump.”

I agree with all of that.  Especially the underlined part.

I don't disagree with all of Trump's policies, although I do disagree with a lot of them.   The part that alarms me is his apparent ignorance and incompetence.   The thing is, he is so ignorant and incompetent that no matter what he does, he himself becomes the main part of the story, and that's where news organizations like NBC get caught in the weeds.   The fact that we have such an ignorant and incompetent president is such a huge story that it overshadows all the other news stories that we need to pay more attention to.

(01-06-2019, 09:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 02:53 PM)TJBender Wrote: The concept of dirty language is outdated. We should all man the [BLEEP] up and embrace all the [BLEEP] [BLEEP] [BLEEP] words we can use.

Manners and decorum are so Pre-internetTrump.

FTFY
- Bob Marley

(01-07-2019, 11:47 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 09:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Manners and decorum are so Pre-internetTrump.

FTFY

Clearly, though the CoC forbids me to post the really insulting stuff.

[Image: IMG_2393.JPG]

[Image: IMG_9815.JPG]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-07-2019, 12:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 11:47 AM)rollerjag Wrote: FTFY

I'm talking more about the politicians themselves. Trump brought personal insults and openly cursing to a new level. But, lest we think your examples are proof over the top vitriol is limited to the left...

[Image: main-qimg-2084d8cb6e9013fda07b885f5419d923]
- Bob Marley

(01-07-2019, 12:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 11:47 AM)rollerjag Wrote: FTFY

I think you're confusing presence with prevalence.
this kind of hateful garbage has been present, probably from the very beginning.
But it has become much more prevalent in the last 10 years.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-07-2019, 02:01 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 12:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Clearly, though the CoC forbids me to post the really insulting stuff.

I'm talking more about the politicians themselves. Trump brought personal insults and openly cursing to a new level. But, lest we think your examples are proof over the top vitriol is limited to the left...

[Image: main-qimg-2084d8cb6e9013fda07b885f5419d923]

I was countering your pre-Trump correction, I said nothing about right or left.

(01-07-2019, 02:06 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 12:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Clearly, though the CoC forbids me to post the really insulting stuff.

I think you're confusing presence with prevalence.
this kind of hateful garbage has been present, probably from the very beginning.
But it has become much more prevalent in the last 10 years.

I don't have any confusion, my comment was to Bender about the use of "dirty language"; it really had nothing to do with politics until RJ leaped in to make it about insulting Trump.

Stupid is, as stupid does.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I just appreciate any opportunity to give the swear filters a good workout. But I do think that the concept of "bad words" is antiquated when referring to general euphemisms and not words directed at others.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2019, 11:48 PM by mikesez.)

(01-07-2019, 11:25 PM)TJBender Wrote: I just appreciate any opportunity to give the swear filters a good workout. But I do think that the concept of "bad words" is antiquated when referring to general euphemisms and not words directed at others.

Every language and culture reserves taboo words.

Kids grow up thinking that they should avoid saying those words because not saying that makes them good people. Grown ups tell us to say pee and poo and darn and heck, and they reassure us that those words mean the same thing, and only mean idiot would use the vulgar word instead of the nice one.

But if there's really nothing special about the vulgar words, why don't the kids, when they grow up, teach their kids that all words are okay?

It's more complicated. there's something about these words that adults know but most can't really explain. We save these words and only say them sometimes when we are really extremely angry. Having those words available in those moments, and using them then and only then is probably the most effective way to communicate that particular emotion.

And we shouldn't be getting that angry on this internet forum. So I say long live the filter.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

It amazes me that someone people think that hatred, bigotry, and violence somehow is worse because of Trump.
It isn't worse, you just notice it more because the world is 24/7 news cycle and social media.

The hatred, racism, violence.... it's always been there. No better or worse.
The fact that we have liberal kids and old conservative turds point fingers across an aisle and blaming each other (or particular presidents) is laughable.

(01-08-2019, 03:06 PM)Kane Wrote: It amazes me that someone people think that hatred, bigotry, and violence somehow is worse because of Trump.
It isn't worse, you just notice it more because the world is 24/7 news cycle and social media.

The hatred, racism, violence.... it's always been there. No better or worse.
The fact that we have liberal kids and old conservative turds point fingers across an aisle and blaming each other (or particular presidents) is laughable.

But what about Conservative kids and old leftist turds?