Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles

(01-18-2019, 10:01 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 07:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He moves like that because he is 6'6". Look at him when he is playing WR.  He also played basketball.  You can call him what you want but his accomplishments doesnt lie.  They are keeping Wentz because he is younger and still on his rookie contract.  Their stats are pretty much identical.  With your logic Brees wasnt good because SD got rid of him and kept Rivers.  Jimmy G wasnt good, Bett Favre and Joe Montanna wasnt good.  Sometimes teams have 2 good QBs and just cant afford to keep them both.  If you dont think Foles is good you haven't seen him play the last few years.

Foles is definitely slower than Keenum.  

And they're keeping Wentz because he's younger and better.

Hes better because you say he is?  They are both good regardless.  I'll take either one.  There stats are pretty much identical with their 40 starts in Philly except Foles has multiple NFL passing records along with a SB MVP

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-18-2019, 11:31 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 10:01 AM)JackCity Wrote: Foles is definitely slower than Keenum.  

And they're keeping Wentz because he's younger and better.

Hes better because you say he is?  They are both good regardless.  I'll take either one.  There stats are pretty much identical with their 40 starts in Philly except Foles has multiple NFL passing records along with a SB MVP

No he's better because he's outperformed him since entering the league. If you compare their stats in the same scheme there's a large gulf between them.  

Yeah I'm aware of his records and SB run. It was great.  He'll go down as one of the weirdest QB careers of all time.

Where would you rank Foles amongst current NFL QBs? And would you pay him 30 million a year for the next few seasons.

I don't trust Foles to replicate his success in Philly.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2019, 10:57 PM by nhiverson.)

(01-18-2019, 06:25 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: I don't trust Foles to replicate his success in Philly.

Yeah me neither and I do think he'd be better then Bortles but that is not hard to do and for 20+mil no thanks. We already have to shed some contracts adding him for that price will mean more cuts/trades.
Also if they do trade for a qb or a higher pick Ramsey and Yannick are untouchable do not entertain offers for them at all
No Fun

I was okay with foles as a bridge QB.but if he commands anything more than low end starter money for a 2 or 3 year deal then it's a hard pass for me.

(01-16-2019, 06:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: All of the Haskins talk has me laughing.  How exactly does he possibly have higher upside?  Because he is considered the "best" prospect in a weak draft class?  If a turd doesn't stink as much as other turds does that make it the best one?

You are talking out of your [BLEEP], you don’t know the first thing about turdectomy. You can’t just pick a turd by its smell alone. Does it shine? Can you polish it? Does it spiral? Will it fall apart under pressure? What will it do when it gets flushed? Can it roll to one side better than the other? How well does it slide? After the first 3 quarters will it taper off at the end? Then you check to make sure it passes the smell test. That’s how you know which turd is the best turd.

It looks like a turd.
It smells like a turd.
It taste like a turd.
Good thing I didn't step in it.

(01-19-2019, 08:28 AM)Sammy Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 06:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: All of the Haskins talk has me laughing.  How exactly does he possibly have higher upside?  Because he is considered the "best" prospect in a weak draft class?  If a turd doesn't stink as much as other turds does that make it the best one?

You are talking out of your [BLEEP], you don’t know the first thing about turdectomy. You can’t just pick a turd by its smell alone. Does it shine? Can you polish it? Does it spiral? Will it fall apart under pressure? What will it do when it gets flushed? Can it roll to one side better than the other? How well does it slide? After the first 3 quarters will it taper off at the end? Then you check to make sure it passes the smell test. That’s how you know which turd is the best turd.

It looks like a turd.
It smells like a turd.
It taste like a turd.
Good thing I didn't step in it.

I think you forgot passing the brown eye test.

(01-18-2019, 06:25 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: I don't trust Foles to replicate his success in Philly.

I'm also skeptical. He was terrible with the Rams, but outside of that year, he's at least been competent. And it hasn't always been with good teams, either. Given that we have a team entering or in its prime, I'd feel better about Foles than I would trying to plug a rookie into this offense and win on day one.

Sounds like theres some unnamed infighting in the locker room over Wentz and Foles.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2019, 08:40 PM by surfon.)

Foles at 20 mil he'll yea. Foles at close to 30 he'll nah.

Can't wait for free agency hopefully Jags don't sign Foles.
No Fun

(01-24-2019, 08:39 PM)surfon Wrote: Foles at 20 mil he'll yea.  Foles at close to 30 he'll nah.

Even at $20m, that'd still be over $30m tied up on the 2019 cap, on two average QBs (Bortles and Foles). No Thanks.

(01-24-2019, 08:56 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Can't wait for free agency hopefully Jags don't sign Foles.

This.  I want to sit back, big tub of popcorn and watch everyone else throw money at guys who are likely to end up fair to middling.

I don't want to voluntarily enter into cap hell.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsspor...alton/amp/

This mock has us trading Fournette for Foles and a pick. I’d be totally for it, and could still draft a young QB.

(01-25-2019, 04:15 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsspor...alton/amp/

This mock has us trading Fournette for Foles and a pick. I’d be totally for it, and could still draft a young QB.

This is the ticket.

(01-25-2019, 04:15 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsspor...alton/amp/

I am very on board with this except I don’t wanna draft a DT at 7.

I’m still drafting Haskins at 7 if he’s there. Or Jonah Williams.

(01-26-2019, 11:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

I am very on board with this except I don’t wanna draft a DT at 7.

If we draft any position besides QB with the first pick, I'm going to cry. No doubt we desperately need O line help, but QB is supremely important.

(01-26-2019, 11:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 11:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I am very on board with this except I don’t wanna draft a DT at 7.

If we draft any position besides QB with the first pick, I'm going to cry. No doubt we desperately need O line help, but QB is supremely important.

To me, it depends on what we do pre-draft.

If we get a "strong" vet QB (i.e. Foles), then I'm willing to draft a position other than QB at 7.

If we get a clear bridge QB (i.e. Fitz), I want a QB in round 1.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-26-2019, 01:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 11:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: If we draft any position besides QB with the first pick, I'm going to cry. No doubt we desperately need O line help, but QB is supremely important.

To me, it depends on what we do pre-draft.

If we get a "strong" vet QB (i.e. Foles), then I'm willing to draft a position other than QB at 7.

I see any vet QB we sign as a bridge. Granted, Foles could act as a longer bridge than most, but I see this QB draft pick as crucial to the future success of the franchise. Foles would be ideal because that means we could, if needed, give our draft pick longer than one season to develop. Getting an NFL-ready rookie like Mahommes is unusual, so I say prepare for a 2-3 year plan.

(01-26-2019, 02:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 01:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote: To me, it depends on what we do pre-draft.

I see any vet QB we sign as a bridge. Granted, Foles could act as a longer bridge than most, but I see this QB draft pick as crucial to the future success of the franchise. Foles would be ideal because that means we could, if needed, give our draft pick longer than one season to develop. Getting an NFL-ready rookie like Mahommes is unusual, so I say prepare for a 2-3 year plan.

But Mahomes wasn't NFL ready.  He sat most of his rookie year.

But overall I agree with your sentiment about Foles giving the team more time to groom a rookie QB.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!