Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC (south) Wildcard: tinhorns/horsies

Man, Watson is terrible throwing. He's a slightly better Lamar Jackson.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-05-2019, 08:19 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Man, Watson is terrible throwing. He's a slightly better Lamar Jackson.

Looks like playing solid fundamentally sound zone D is his kryptonite.  He doesn't have the velocity to hit those windows.

(01-05-2019, 08:19 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Man, Watson is terrible throwing. He's a slightly better Lamar Jackson.

He seemed to wilt under the big lights in this one. 

Hopkins being banged up surely didn't help, but the number of off target and nearly picked throws in this game has to be alarming for tinhorn fans.

(01-05-2019, 08:21 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:

Looks like playing solid fundamentally sound zone D is his kryptonite.  He doesn't have the velocity to hit those windows.

Velocity was not his problem tonight. 

It's been accuracy and decision making.

(01-05-2019, 08:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

He seemed to wilt under the big lights in this one. 

Hopkins being banged up surely didn't help, but the number of off target and nearly picked throws in this game has to be alarming for tinhorn fans.

(01-05-2019, 08:21 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Looks like playing solid fundamentally sound zone D is his kryptonite.  He doesn't have the velocity to hit those windows.

Velocity was not his problem tonight. 

It's been accuracy and decision making.

The balls come out a lil wobbly and dying before reaching the target. Look at the ball's revolution, it's kind of slow. He doesn't spin it like a baker Mayfield.

(01-05-2019, 08:04 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 08:02 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Please, please, please, let this be a fumble. It would be so perfect for the tinhorns and their crappy fans.

Remember a jaguar fan knocked out a Texan fan.

I don't remember saying Jaguars fans are moral role models and pillars of society.

I'm not worried about the Texans nor the Titans in this division. The Colts look to be the most dangerous. Which basically has been this way for 2 decades.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(01-05-2019, 08:28 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: I'm not worried about the Texans nor the Titans in this division. The Colts look to be the most dangerous. Which basically has been this way for 2 decades.

Jags have their number. All they need is a moderately talented QB.

Texans showing a lot of give up now.

It's the Mack attack coming from way back my name too short baby I don't play that jack

Yeah tired of Colts. AFC South has been theirs to own since it started. Ugh #becausejaguars
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Watson's biggest strength are his legs. And a running QB will always have the advantage of bigger windows to throw into. But do they have the consistent accuracy and timing to hit those windows? Watson clearly wasnt tonight.

Like most other running QBs, if he ever snapped his knee his career would be in jeopardy.

Glad to see this. All season long I have been thinking that the Texans are one and done once they reach the playoffs. Watson had a good year but with a loss like this I believe he's been exposed, wouldn't surprise me if he was out of the league within a few years.

(01-05-2019, 06:55 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: The biggest issue to fix is going to be the coaching issue.. because the bottom never truly falls out with OBrien.. he lives in regular season mediocrity.. I just hope he doesn't stick around as long as Marvin Lewis did.

lol ... Oehser is right - it's always coaching in the NFL.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Happy the Tinhorns lost, I hate them almost as much as Tacks. Eat it Tinhorns!
[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-05-2019, 08:59 PM)tkappa511 Wrote: Happy the Tinhorns lost, I hate them almost as much as Tacks.  Eat it Tinhorns!

Is it the completely unwarranted arrogance of their fan base? The epic levels of stroking the media does on JJ? Just hate Texas?

Well, looks like all the stuff I said about Watson was true. He makes poor decisions and his accuracy is suspect when DeAndre isn't healthy enough to effectively push off every play.

(01-05-2019, 09:37 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Well, looks like all the stuff I said about Watson was true.  He makes poor decisions and his accuracy is suspect when DeAndre isn't healthy enough to effectively push off every play.

Or..he just had a bad game.  Hopkins was playing with one Arm.  They had NO run game.......except for Watson.  Watson will be fine.  He wasn't stepping into his throws....and it showed.  There was fatigue at the end.....because he had very little help from his running backs.

My takeaway from the game was wow that Colts OLINE is legit! They are going to be the team to beat for the next few years without a doubt as long as Luck stays healthy. If I am the GM of the Colts I seriously consider a trade for AB. It’ll further open up their run game and they’ll be pretty hard to beat that’s for sure. They got a good one in Leonard too.

(01-05-2019, 08:02 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Please, please, please, let this be a fumble. It would be so perfect for the tinhorns and their crappy fans.

Oh you think we're crappy [BLEEP] fans... please elaborate on that.. I'd love to hear your thoughts

(01-06-2019, 01:50 AM)Mr.Scarface Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 09:37 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Well, looks like all the stuff I said about Watson was true.  He makes poor decisions and his accuracy is suspect when DeAndre isn't healthy enough to effectively push off every play.

Or..he just had a bad game.  Hopkins was playing with one Arm.  They had NO run game.......except for Watson.  Watson will be fine.  He wasn't stepping into his throws....and it showed.  There was fatigue at the end.....because he had very little help from his running backs.

Hopkins showed something in the game, which is that apparently when he's not able to push off at full strength he doesn't get much separation and Watson doesn't throw guys open. The Texans just looked a lot like what they've been for years, a team that beats up on teams that don't have a good QB and run up stats in those games to look good, but don't show up against teams with great passers.

It'll be interesting to see what happens moving forward, because I know the Texans fans foolishly think a coaching change will help, but it won't. Maybe they should try hiring Gus, keep him around for four or five years to get some perspective.