Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DK Metcalf

(01-06-2020, 09:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 01:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: How can you call it now when it would have happened like 10 years ago? lol

Calling it now, Jags would have been a playoff team with Mahomes or Watson.
Naw, they were in High School back then

Serious question: Do you have CTE?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-06-2020, 09:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 01:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: How can you call it now when it would have happened like 10 years ago? lol

Calling it now, Jags would have been a playoff team with Mahomes or Watson.
Naw, they were in High School back then

And even then they both would have been better options than Tebow

(01-07-2020, 02:17 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 09:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Naw, they were in High School back then

And even then they both would have been better options than Tebow

Damn Fl St fans

(01-07-2020, 03:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 02:17 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: And even then they both would have been better options than Tebow

Damn Fl St fans

I'm not a college football fan at all, and if anything it would be Syracuse anyway

(01-05-2019, 01:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm to the point where if we dont draft a WR in the first this is my top guy.  Cam is coming back and Parnell has another year left on his contract.  Metcalf is my favorite WR prospect since Amari Cooper and has all the tools to be an elite WR.  I'd be happy with Jonah Williams is there but I think he will be gone at that point.  I do think oline and TE and are more pressing needs but Metcalf to me has too good of tools at the WR position to pass up.

(03-02-2019, 08:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 08:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Best WR prospect since Amari Cooper in 2015
Being big strong and fast doesn’t make you a great WR. You’re acting like Al Davis.

I’ll take Hakeem Butler over Metcalf all day.
Leading the league in receiving  There wasn't any doubt he was gonna be great. Already one of the best WRs in the game

Do you guys bookmark these threads to throw back and forth at each other or scroll through back to January to find them?

I barely remember smack I talked last week... Much less last year or months ago... geez.

(10-08-2020, 10:42 AM)Kane Wrote: Do you guys bookmark these threads to throw back and forth at each other or scroll through back to January to find them?

I barely remember smack I talked last week... Much less last year or months ago... geez.

The one thing I notice on these re bumps is Cleatwood and Olinematters are always wrong...lol
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(10-08-2020, 10:42 AM)Kane Wrote: Do you guys bookmark these threads to throw back and forth at each other or scroll through back to January to find them?

When you get so many wrong it's easy to go back and find the ones you are right about.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-08-2020, 09:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 01:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm to the point where if we dont draft a WR in the first this is my top guy.  Cam is coming back and Parnell has another year left on his contract.  Metcalf is my favorite WR prospect since Amari Cooper and has all the tools to be an elite WR.  I'd be happy with Jonah Williams is there but I think he will be gone at that point.  I do think oline and TE and are more pressing needs but Metcalf to me has too good of tools at the WR position to pass up.

(03-02-2019, 08:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Being big strong and fast doesn’t make you a great WR. You’re acting like Al Davis.

I’ll take Hakeem Butler over Metcalf all day.
Leading the league in receiving  There wasn't any doubt he was gonna be great. Already one of the best WRs in the game

Oh there was plenty of reason to doubt.

He just got drafted into the perfect place, with a great QB. Good coaches that took what he did best, ran with it and didn't try to put too much on his plate/change his game. Sometimes keeping it simple is the best thing you can do for a player and that's the case here.

(10-12-2020, 01:42 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 09:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Leading the league in receiving  There wasn't any doubt he was gonna be great. Already one of the best WRs in the game

Oh there was plenty of reason to doubt.

He just got drafted into the perfect place, with a great QB. Good coaches that took what he did best, ran with it and didn't try to put too much on his plate/change his game. Sometimes keeping it simple is the best thing you can do for a player and that's the case here.

The only doubt was health.  If he stayed healthy we knew he was gonna be one if the best WRs in the game.  There are a bunch of WRs with a good QB and good coaches yet DK is 2nd in receiving behind Hopkins and has 3 more TDs.  He was one of the best WRs to come out in years and was my favorite since Cooper, health was the only concern

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2020, 02:17 PM by Bullseye.)

Part of the fun of sports debates is the ability to look back and say "I told ya so."

Of course, I've missed on so many picks/takes, I've gotten plenty of those over the years! LaughingWallbash

(10-09-2020, 03:57 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

When you get so many wrong it's easy to go back and find the ones you are right about.

This is true.

Amazingly they stick out in your mind more, for some reason. Wink

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!