Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pray for Allen Hurns

Good news! He'll be back playing football by August.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I just said a prayer for Hurns.

(01-06-2019, 03:59 AM)JackCity Wrote: Good news! He'll be back playing football by August.
Excellent! 
Pardon the terrible pun - but that's a bit of a lucky break.
It looked so bad - I'm happy to hear he didn't have anything involving arteries like Zach Miller endured.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...-of-season

Allen Hurns: "I'll be good to go" by start of season
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

This is sad.  Hurns was a great example on and off the field.  I was not happy to see him go, but it obviously worked out better for him than staying here and watching our team go down the toilet.

I wish there was some way we could get a card for him that we all could sign so he had something while he is convalescing.  It would have to be a pretty huge card.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

I have had the same injury as Hurns. Dislocated ankle and broken fib. It sucked. Screw through ankle plate on bone. It heals he will prly get better treatment than i got. Wish him well.

That said he did not have a spectacular season or anything. He is a tough guy tho. He needs to find that double move he had his rook year again.

(01-06-2019, 10:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 03:59 AM)JackCity Wrote: Good news! He'll be back playing football by August.
Excellent! 
Pardon the terrible pun - but that's a bit of a lucky break.
It looked so bad - I'm happy to hear he didn't have anything involving arteries like Zach Miller endured.

Lmao you're right though. Those breaks are only a couple of centimetres away from being near career ending, looked like that was the sort of break.

(01-05-2019, 09:54 PM)Jags Wrote: I’ve been painting today and had the game on.   Saw Hurns get a boot and heard them say he’s off to hospital.  I thought about backing it up to see what happened but they made it sound brutal.   From what you guys are saying, I’m glad I didn’t.  Hoping for a full recovery.  

Also, since I now know not to back it up and watch, can someone explain what happened.  As in how.

... and where

In realtime, you couldn't tell what happened.

They immediately replayed the play from field-level, and you could see why he stayed down. Thankfully, the kids didn't know what happened, or why I was screaming about how gross that was. I really don't think the broadcasters were aware of what happened before they aired the replay.

Allen Hurns Aka AH = Always Hurt

He was a marginal talent but played with more heart than any receiver we had on recent years. Imagine if Allen Robinson had the same heart as burns, he would be up there as a top 5 receiver.