Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Colts' revamped offensive line stars in win over Texans

Colts' revamped offensive line stars in win over Texans

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ver-texans

Back in April, the Indianapolis Colts owned the No. 6 overall pick. Skilled position players were available. They instead selected a guard, and it has made all the difference.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Funny how in 1 game the Colts went from an afterthought to this new monster that could win multiple Super Bowls. But their OL is legit and I do think they match up well with the Chiefs and could easily win that game.

(01-06-2019, 11:58 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Funny how in 1 game the Colts went from an afterthought to this new monster that could win multiple Super Bowls.  But their OL is legit and I do think they match up well with the Chiefs and could easily win that game.

I think that narrative has been running for at least 4 weeks now actually. 

There were several that were pumping them up pretty high in November as well. That offense was posting numbers pretty consistently in Oct/Nov

(01-06-2019, 01:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 11:58 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Funny how in 1 game the Colts went from an afterthought to this new monster that could win multiple Super Bowls.  But their OL is legit and I do think they match up well with the Chiefs and could easily win that game.

I think that narrative has been running for at least 4 weeks now actually. 

There were several that were pumping them up pretty high in November as well. That offense was posting numbers pretty consistently in Oct/Nov

Which makes their impotence against the Jags for six quarters all the more puzzling. The Jaguars had major problems with discipline most of the season, including the first half against the colts, but against the colts they were either inspired or the colts don't do the things that keep exposing us. The Jaguars were a fumble away from sweeping them, and we only played them during their hot part of the season.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 02:31 PM by Jagsfan4life9/28/82.)

(01-06-2019, 01:19 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 01:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think that narrative has been running for at least 4 weeks now actually. 

Which makes their impotence against the Jags for six quarters all the more puzzling. The Jaguars had major problems with discipline most of the season, including the first half against the colts, but against the colts they were either inspired or the colts don't do the things that keep exposing us. The Jaguars were a fumble away from sweeping them, and we only played them during their hot part of the season.

Seems this defense is built to completely smother pocket QBs. The likes of Brady, Big Been and Luck almost always always seem impotent against. Then guys like Josh Allen terrorize them.

Multiple Superbowls? I doubt they get by the next game. They happened to play a Texans team that wasn't playing its greatest ball at the end of the year. I watched them in that last game against us and immediately thought one and done.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-06-2019, 01:19 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 01:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think that narrative has been running for at least 4 weeks now actually. 

It's not that puzzling IMO. 

The Jags defense in 2018 was a rollercoaster of elite level play and severe underperformance.  The defense you saw in the first half of the first colts tilt (and the cowboys game) was the latter. 

The other major factor there is that Reich/Sirianni had a good plan to attack Wash's Cover 3 (off-man) zone scheme and went he adjusted away from that, the colts couldn't win against man coverage (or zone coverage with a press on the corners to a lesser extent)
It's that old chestnut we've harped on about the "soft zone" around here for years now. Wash adjusted. 

Basically - the Jags defense just played up to their potential in 6 of 8 quarters vs the colts in 2018.

If Haskins isn't available, the Jags should definitely go for the best offensive lineman available. Hopefully that would be Williams. This would provide necessary depth at tackle, especially if they cut Parnell. Metcalf would be a sexier pick, but I'd still go with offensive line.