Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texans Clowney called Bortles trash....

Ha Ha.

Can Clowney say one and done in the playoffs.

And for all the Jag fans that are Deshawn Watson legs humpers,  the guy choked in his first playoff game.

Can you say Overrated?
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Can we stop. Nearly every single Jags fan would take Watson over the situation we currently have. Hard to talk crap when we’re sitting at home watching them play a playoff game while we didn’t even have a winning record. We should also show thanks for the tacks sitting at home watching with us!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

How did Blake’s first every playoff game go? He was so great right?

Clowney was playing well until he got hurt in that game. He talked some smack about our bad QB 13 months ago.
Eh, whatever.

Watson absolutely wilted under the playoff lights yesterday, but I think maybe it's something he can learn from and improve. He didn't really look like himself in my estimation. I don't think we'll see him throw the ball that poorly too often.

Wow, I totally forgot about that. Well, Clowney was right when he said it. I guess it’s ok for Jalen to say a QB is trash but not Clowney.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 11:45 AM by ramseyx20.)

he had no WR. hopkins couldn’t get open and fuller and thomas are hurt. he was relying on keke a rookie

watson is one of the best qbs in the league. playoffs are a diff beast

(01-06-2019, 10:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Clowney was playing well until he got hurt in that game.  He talked some smack about our bad QB 13 months ago.
Eh, whatever.

Watson absolutely wilted under the playoff lights yesterday, but I think maybe it's something he can learn from and improve.  He didn't really look like himself in my estimation. I don't think we'll see him throw the ball that poorly too often.

I don't think it was that Watson had a bad game so much as the colts played the right kind of defense to stop him. He's a low accuracy low velocity passer that doesn't do well throwing guys open and has lived and died by the big plays down the field where his receiver had clearly won. The colts just played a defense designed to take that away and challenged him to sustain drives. He didn't do it.

Also Hopkins got badly exposed as a guy that only wins because the NFL has moved the contact rules so badly in favor of receivers. Last night he seemed to have trouble pushing off and didn't do squat statistically.

(01-06-2019, 12:08 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 10:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Clowney was playing well until he got hurt in that game.  He talked some smack about our bad QB 13 months ago.
Eh, whatever.

Watson absolutely wilted under the playoff lights yesterday, but I think maybe it's something he can learn from and improve.  He didn't really look like himself in my estimation. I don't think we'll see him throw the ball that poorly too often.

I don't think it was that Watson had a bad game so much as the colts played the right kind of defense to stop him. He's a low accuracy low velocity passer that doesn't do well throwing guys open and has lived and died by the big plays down the field where his receiver had clearly won. The colts just played a defense designed to take that away and challenged him to sustain drives. He didn't do it.

Also Hopkins got badly exposed as a guy that only wins because the NFL has moved the contact rules so badly in favor of receivers. Last night he seemed to have trouble pushing off and didn't do squat statistically.

I've seen Watson fit throws into catchable windows much more accurately than he did yesterday. I felt his percentage of off target attempts was higher than his median. 

Hopkins got hurt (I think it was late second quarter- not sure)  and clearly played through pain and possibly limited range of motion after that.  Some of his cuts were half-hearted and he didn't finish a few routes. Atypical of him. 

Your points are well taken - but I saw that performance as a bit of an outlier for those two.

The jags in 2017 were the better team, better defense and could run the ball better than the 2018 Texans, and had a much better offensive line. If the jags had Watson last year instead of bortles the team would have won the Superbowl last year.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 02:25 PM by old_man.)

(01-06-2019, 10:53 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Can we stop. Nearly every single Jags fan would take Watson over the situation we currently have. Hard to talk crap when we’re sitting at home watching them play a playoff game while we didn’t even have a winning record. We should also show thanks for the tacks sitting at home watching with us!

Hell no.

Watson sucks.

Lets talk next year.  He is overhyped....

(01-06-2019, 12:30 PM)Mdjagsfan1989 Wrote: The jags in 2017 were the better team, better defense and could run the ball better than the 2018 Texans, and had a much better offensive line. If the jags had Watson last year instead of bortles the team would have won the Superbowl last year.

Sure.  If you say so.....

Last time I checked the D let Brady get right back in it. and Church was horrible last yeah in the AFCC game when needed the most.

(01-06-2019, 10:53 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: How did Blake’s first every playoff game go? He was so great right?

2-1

Watson 0-1

Facts.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002