Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Khan: How Do Jags Fans feel?

(01-07-2019, 10:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 02:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: What a miserable way to think about a football team. 

Man, I'm glad I'm not cursed with this kind of negativity.

Just stating facts. I understand facts aren't usually popular on this forum.

Fans kissing anyone's keister will have no bearing on if or when a team is moved. Your problem is a skewed view of what constitutes a "fact".
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

When did he become the co-owner?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(01-08-2019, 11:46 AM)FBT Wrote: When did he become the co-owner?

I started seeing that pop up in articles in 2016.

(01-08-2019, 03:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

So in your gif in your signature, I know that is a Fred Taylor highlight.  But it's pretty impressive also that Polamalu whiffs on the tackle and he's the one that appears back in the screen at the end of the gif.

Note: I can't stand the Steelers.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-08-2019, 04:00 PM)Rico Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 03:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I started seeing that pop up in articles in 2016.

So in your gif in your signature, I know that is a Fred Taylor highlight.  But it's pretty impressive also that Polamalu whiffs on the tackle and he's the one that appears back in the screen at the end of the gif.

I think that may be #23 Tyrone Carter, a back-up safety, whiffing and #43 Polamalu coming in later - but I'm not certain. 
Carter's gamelogs show he played in both games vs the Jags that year (2007) and he had long hair.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2019, 04:14 PM by RicoTx.)

(01-08-2019, 04:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 04:00 PM)Rico Wrote: So in your gif in your signature, I know that is a Fred Taylor highlight.  But it's pretty impressive also that Polamalu whiffs on the tackle and he's the one that appears back in the screen at the end of the gif.

I think that may be #23 Tyrone Carter, a back-up safety, whiffing and #43 Polamalu coming in later - but I'm not certain. 
Carter's gamelogs show he played in both games vs the Jags that year (2007) and he had long hair.

Nah...look at the hair.

Never mind.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

When Shad croaks, Tony will own the team. Unless Shad sells it first, which is possible. And then Tony might sell it. Ideally he would give me the team but I see that as unlikely. Regarding Tony, he seems a little nerdy but otherwise alright.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-08-2019, 03:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Heir to the throne?  Sure.  Co-owner? Nah.  

Khan is learning the ropes.  He'll be more of a hybrid of his dad with a little Lamping and Coughlin mixed in.  He works very closely with all of these guys, but he's got a lot of seasoning to do before he's the boss.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(01-08-2019, 04:41 PM)hb1148 Wrote: When Shad croaks, Tony will own the team. Unless Shad sells it first, which is possible. And then Tony might sell it. Ideally he would give me the team but I see that as unlikely. Regarding Tony, he seems a little nerdy but otherwise alright.

Khan has indicated previously that he intends to be a generational owner.  We'll see.  Tony is certainly embedding himself in the sports operations of Khan's franchises, so I don't think he's going to sell anything off once he assumes control.

(01-08-2019, 07:16 PM)FBT Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 03:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I started seeing that pop up in articles in 2016.

Khan is learning the ropes.  He'll be more of a hybrid of his dad with a little Lamping and Coughlin mixed in.  He works very closely with all of these guys, but he's got a lot of seasoning to do before he's the boss.

OK. If you say so, but I'm not just making this stuff up. I've been reading the words "co-owner" before or after his name for quite some time now. 

Tony Khan (born October 10, 1982) is a Pakistani-American billionaire businessman. A noted American football and association football executive, he is a co-owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League (NFL) and the Premier League team Fulham F.C..[2] Khan is also the founder, owner, and president of the All Elite Wrestling(AEW) professional wrestling promotion.[3]

wikipedia^

All Elite Wrestling was officially announced last night, and sources have confirmed Jacksonville Jaguars co-owner Tony Khan is President of the company.

As we previously reported, the Khan family has been connected to the rumors of All Elite Wrestling since they first began. Our sources say that’s because Tony Khan is a big part of AEW, as he’ll be serving in the top role of the company.
We’re told Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson and Cody Rhodes will serve as Executive Vice Presidents. Sources say keeping the creative team behind All In together was a huge element of the deal. 

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/tony-kh...DUwQ89KjEY

https://www.staugustine.com/article/2015.../309129938

O'Halloran after a three hour interview w/ Tony  from 2015:

The majority of Khan’s role with the Jaguars is compiling detailed reports for Bradley and his staff early in a game week. But he also dabbles in personnel evaluation, which led him to scouting Grant.

Yes, Khan is a part of ownership. But no, people with the Jaguars say, he doesn’t flex those figurative muscles.
“I tell the team, ‘This is the owner and he’s got great information,’” Bradley says.

Khan says 2012 was used to build a staff and foundation for how analytics would be used. Following the 2-14 season, Shad Khan fired general manager Gene Smith and interviewed four candidates. Tony was present and involved in every interview and each general manager and head-coaching candidate was told of the Jaguars’ commitment to analytics.

The kid is very much in the picture. 

(01-08-2019, 04:41 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Regarding Tony, he seems a little nerdy but otherwise alright.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I see it.

(01-08-2019, 07:16 PM)FBT Wrote:

What makes you believe that he isn't a co-owner?  I would be quite surprised if he doesn't have an ownership interest.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

How is Tony a “billionaire businessman”? Daddy made the money, Tony didn’t.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-12-2019, 09:38 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: How is Tony a “billionaire businessman”? Daddy made the money, Tony didn’t.

He is owner or part-owner of three companies independent of his old man, owns a piece of the Jaguars, and has a salaried position with his father's soccer club. 

That's probably not enough to make him a billionaire, but his trust fund probably pushes his net-worth above that figure.

Tony Khan is making a big mistake being so active on twitter with Fulham fans....

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2019, 09:06 AM by Jags.)

(01-13-2019, 01:42 AM)JackCity Wrote: Tony Khan is making a big mistake being so active on twitter with Fulham fans....

What’s he been saying?
Nvm.  Checked out the ‘other’ sports.  Never go there.   I didn’t read the context, but that’s not cool.

I'm the guy that's gonna convince him to just sail around the world on Khan's yacht filled with booze and supermodels

(01-15-2019, 09:30 PM)jaglyn Wrote: I'm the guy that's gonna convince him to just sail around the world on Khan's yacht filled with booze and supermodels

Dibs on handling the "enabling first mate" duties.